Author Topic: Kudlow for Senate  (Read 790 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Kudlow for Senate
« on: February 23, 2010, 04:16:27 PM »
http://draftkudlow.com/wordpress/

I have been interested in the prospect of Larry Kudlow taking on Charles Schumer for the Senate.  I know Chaim was once asked about him on JTF and had less than glowing things to say about him, however, I bet he would prefer Kudlow to Chuckie Schumer.

I first saw Kudlow speak in 1987 shortly before the October 87 stock market crash.  He was still working for Bear Stearns.  He was a very compelling speaker.  I asked him what I thought were tough questions and one he had to pause on.  I also read his book American Abundance, which I recommend.

His negatives are that he is a recovered cocaine addict, which might not be negative these days in New York elections.  Bill Clinton is a hero despite being a freakish sexual degenerate so the media would have a hard time piling on Larry for his cocaine recovery, which he has been very open and vocal about.

He also converted from Judaism to Catholicism although I am not sure how Jewish his family was.  He was sent to Catholic school as a kid so perhaps when he felt a need for faith Catholicism was more familiar to him.  However, he is clearly not a self hating ex Jew in the model of Robert Moses or Robert Novak.  He is pro Israel and pro Jewish.

Most importantly he is a great optimistic advocate of free market economics.  He is pro life to the extent he has discussed abortion which he would probably get hammered on by Schumer.  He is very articulate and could kick Schumer's butt in a fair debate.  Overall I think he is the most likely decent opposition to Chuckie.  I think he is by far the best the Republicans could do.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Moshe92

Re: Kudlow for Senate
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2010, 04:21:57 PM »
I was once watching "Kudlow and Company" on CNBC, and he was complaining about how it would be a disaster for the world economy if Israel attacked Iran. He is a self-hating former Jew in the model of Robert Novak.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2010, 04:32:36 PM »
http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x1099870

Moshe, I did not see the show you mentioned so I won't argue with you.  However, look at the link above, it looks like Kudlow does favor bombing Iran.  Also I don't disagree that short term it would be a disaster for the world economy assuming Iran reacted by closing down the Persian Gulf and much of the world's oil supply.  Still I think it is a price that the world must pay to remove the Iranian threat.

I have to disagree with you entirely in comparing Kudlow to Novak.  I have never heard Kudlow come down against Israel the way Novak did reflexively.  I have read many of his columns and when he speaks of Israel it is in a favorable light.  Now don't get me wrong he is not a Kahanist.  However, he is the kind of guy who will side with Israel and if Israel had a real government that spoke up for its interests I think he would still side with Israel.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2010, 04:36:02 PM »
I was once watching "Kudlow and Company" on CNBC, and he was complaining about how it would be a disaster for the world economy if Israel attacked Iran. He is a self-hating former Jew in the model of Robert Novak.
[/quote}

http://article.nationalreview.com/285650/israels-moment-the-free-worlds-gain/larry-kudlow

Also look at the above column.  I don't think I could find a column like that by Novak if I spent ten years totally devoted to looking for it.