Author Topic: New Microsoft Windows 7 has backdoor from the NSA?  (Read 2590 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
New Microsoft Windows 7 has backdoor from the NSA?
« on: February 25, 2010, 02:41:29 PM »
I just watched this, apparently Microsoft worked with the NSA putting a backdoor into the new Windows 7 which allows NSA monitoring capabilities. I'm doing more research on this and if this is infact true, i'm switching all my new computers to linux and sticking with truecrypt.

thoughts?

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: New Microsoft Windows 7 has backdoor from the NSA?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:23 PM »
 :o Not sure, if it's true, I'll switch to linux too.  >:(

Not that I have anything of interest on my pc, and honestly if the NSA bothered it'd be wasting it's time with the nonsense on my computer, (childish video games and pics of me and my friends very drunk, mugging for the camera) but it's the principle.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2010, 03:00:51 PM »
Wowie,

I had a premonition almost 12 years ago such a thing would happen. I remember discussing this with some of my co-workers when we attended a NAB conference in Las Vegas. I distinctly remember explaining my idea that sometime in the future Microsoft will team up with the American intellegence agencies and embed spying technology in every PC. Orwells book 1984 described Big Brother and I call this theory my "1984 Theory" and is one of the main reasons I keep my old computers. I foresee the future when every CPU will contain encryption technology which the government can crack. Back in the 90's there was a thing called the Clipper Chip which never really caught on. I keep my old machines because some day we may need computing power without the government backdoor in order to bring down the mainframe {like in the 80s movie TRON}.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2010, 03:16:33 PM »

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: February 25, 2010, 03:21:01 PM »

Woah, this does look real. CNN has a bit more credibility and gravitas then youtube and Russian News. http://www.cnn.com/TECH/computing/9909/03/windows.nsa.02/

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2010, 03:32:27 PM »
That's why I hold on to my old computers as well, I never toss a computer no matter how old, that hardware could be very valuable and it's worth holding on to.

I don't like the idea of government having backdoor capabilities and Microsofts closed source makes that difficult to determine what's being done. I know that Microsoft recently claimed that a major crime was thwarted in Canada because of the backdoor which makes me suspicious. Implementing hardware elements wouldn't be difficult either, heck Intel already installed digital rights management into their CPU's and working with hollywood.

I just bought a Sony Vaio FW series laptop and it came preinstalled with Windows 7 and Sony's bloatware, who knows what kind of garbage they installed on here? Granted you don't get the same features with linux, maybe not able to play the newest video games but i'll take security over that any day. Never sell out your security or privacy.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2010, 03:40:50 PM »
That's why I hold on to my old computers as well, I never toss a computer no matter how old, that hardware could be very valuable and it's worth holding on to.

I don't like the idea of government having backdoor capabilities and Microsofts closed source makes that difficult to determine what's being done. I know that Microsoft recently claimed that a major crime was thwarted in Canada because of the backdoor which makes me suspicious. Implementing hardware elements wouldn't be difficult either, heck Intel already installed digital rights management into their CPU's and working with hollywood.

I just bought a Sony Vaio FW series laptop and it came preinstalled with Windows 7 and Sony's bloatware, who knows what kind of garbage they installed on here? Granted you don't get the same features with linux, maybe not able to play the newest video games but i'll take security over that any day. Never sell out your security or privacy.

Set up a dual boot computer, go into windows, and the NSA can spy on you while you play Call of Duty Modern Warfare II, then reboot, go into Linux, check your email, surf the web, post to JTF, etc..  ;D

Offline GodGunsAndGlory

• Full JTFer
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2010, 03:43:44 PM »
My thoughts?

Russia Today has been the main pusher of conspiracy theorists and pushing against the US national security interests through people such as Ron Paul who I believe went on there and said something about Iran not wanting nuclear weapons.

Russia Today is also connected to the KGB controlled Russian Government, which is interesting fact, they push on Russia Today that Iran does not want nuclear weapons, while their owners are selling things to make a nuclear weapon.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2010, 03:49:36 PM »
My thoughts?

Russia Today has been the main pusher of conspiracy theorists and pushing against the US national security interests through people such as Ron Paul who I believe went on there and said something about Iran not wanting nuclear weapons.

Russia Today is also connected to the KGB controlled Russian Government, which is interesting fact, they push on Russia Today that Iran does not want nuclear weapons, while their owners are selling things to make a nuclear weapon.

So you are calling this as a bluff? Conspiracy theories definitely exist and not all conspiracies are tied to tinfoil hat loonies. There are many conspiracies especially on how Meir Kahane was murdered but that is a completely different story.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2010, 11:36:18 AM »
Windows 7? What's that?

I've been running Linux for 14 years.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2010, 02:57:53 PM »
Windows 7? What's that?

I don't know if you were being funny or not but it's Microsofts latest OS.

I have run linux systems in the past (mandrake, redhat, unix based OpenBSD and FreeBSD) but the new laptop I bought had windows 7 automatically installed.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: February 26, 2010, 03:08:17 PM »
Windows 7? What's that?

I have run linux systems in the past (mandrake, redhat, unix based OpenBSD and FreeBSD) but the new laptop I bought had windows 7 automatically installed.

Remove it PRONTO.... My laptop runs so much faster with Linux {I have eLive distro installed on my laptop now} compared to the Vista garbage it came with. Vista was a beast and I strongly recommend that people tired of their slow laptops throw away their Windows OS and try Linux.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: February 27, 2010, 05:43:21 PM »
Windows 7? What's that?

Remove it PRONTO.... My laptop runs so much faster with Linux {I have eLive distro installed on my laptop now} compared to the Vista garbage it came with. Vista was a beast and I strongly recommend that people tired of their slow laptops throw away their Windows OS and try Linux.

how old is your laptop?

Offline t_h_j

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: February 27, 2010, 05:43:55 PM »
I just watched this, apparently Microsoft worked with the NSA putting a backdoor into the new Windows 7 which allows NSA monitoring capabilities. I'm doing more research on this and if this is infact true, i'm switching all my new computers to linux and sticking with truecrypt.

thoughts?

if you don't want to be "monitored", disconnect from the internet.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: February 27, 2010, 05:51:22 PM »

thoughts?

:::D ..... Very true. I think if the government wants to monitor they can do it quite well despite whatever operating system is in use.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: February 27, 2010, 07:05:00 PM »

thoughts?

I have other ways to prevent being monitored. I have VPN's that are encrypted in various countries with no data retainment requirements (Lichenstein, Panama, Czech Republic) as well as TOR project which uses onion routing with AES 256 bit encryption and darknets such as Invisible Internet Project (I2P). Governments attempted to infiltrate them before with no success.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2010, 07:11:44 PM by White Israelite »

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2010, 07:06:45 PM »

thoughts?

:::D ..... Very true. I think if the government wants to monitor they can do it quite well despite whatever operating system is in use.
Government is not the "know all see all" that everyone thinks, despite the funds of the government, they have yet to crack civilian encryption tools that are on the market so resort to working with corporations to backdoor their products/software instead. If you research on internet "truecrypt court case", there are various cases where people have walked free from criminal convictions because there is no evidence and decrypting modern AES encryption would take millions of years even with top of the line computing power with modern technology.