Author Topic: ISRAEL MAKES A GREAT COMBAT KNIFE YOU CAN BUY IN TEL AVIV BUT NONE TO IDF  (Read 3805 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 05:57:53 AM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
I'd rather have one of them Spetsnaz knifes that you can shoot forward.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I'd rather have one of them Spetsnaz knifes that you can shoot forward.
my friend had one they're expensive
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
IDF does not need any knifes at all. Pistols can be useful in buildings though.
99% of Muslims give the rest a bad name.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
All military's need knifes name 1 other military that doesn't give them

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer

Pistols and rifles do you no good if you run out of ammo and/or find yourself in a survival situation.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer
Pistols and rifles do you no good if you run out of ammo and/or find yourself in a survival situation.
Knife weights several hundreds of grams, instead of it u can take another 30 bullet mag. It will be much more useful for survival.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
None to the IDF, looks like none to anybody, what a frustrating web site, no mention of prices, and nowhere on the site to place an order. How do they stay in business like that?  

http://www.dustar-knife.com/HTMLs/articlen.aspx?C2056=12532&BSP=12273&BSS110=12532&BSS609=12534

« Last Edit: March 02, 2010, 11:09:48 AM by New Yorker »
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Knife weights several hundreds of grams, instead of it u can take another 30 bullet mag. It will be much more useful for survival.

Unlike extra ammo a knife is a tool. In addition to being used as a weapon, it can be used for a multitude of other things; building a shelter, catching game/fish, medical uses, starting a fire, and the ever important opening your beer bottles. Sure, you can shoot the top of a beer bottle off with a pistol but I wouldn't want to drink the beer afterwards.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer

Unlike extra ammo a knife is a tool. In addition to being used as a weapon, it can be used for a multitude of other things; building a shelter, catching game/fish, medical uses, starting a fire, and the ever important opening your beer bottles. Sure, you can shoot the top of a beer bottle off with a pistol but I wouldn't want to drink the beer afterwards.
Knife as tool needed for lone soldiers, i.e. snipers, maybe some SF. Company of soldiers is not going to hunt animals or build shelters with knives. Knife weights half kg, thats hell lots of weight.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer

Knife as tool needed for lone soldiers, i.e. snipers, maybe some SF. Company of soldiers is not going to hunt animals or build shelters with knives. Knife weights half kg, thats hell lots of weight.

Snipers, soldiers that are separated and/or behind enemy lines, pilots...these are survival situations...depending on where you are a good survival knife can be more important than a firearm.

I would not want to be in a survival situation without a good knife and be thinking "at least I didn't have to carry around that extra 0.85 lbs.". But I suppose it's a matter of preference.

---Thomas Jefferson

Offline amit85

• Junior JTFer

Snipers, soldiers that are separated and/or behind enemy lines, pilots...these are survival situations...depending on where you are a good survival knife can be more important than a firearm.

I would not want to be in a survival situation without a good knife and be thinking "at least I didn't have to carry around that extra 0.85 lbs.". But I suppose it's a matter of preference. 
Regular infantry soldiers dont hang around behind enemy lines and dont need any knives. SF may need knives in some cases. But they are equpped well, dont worry.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member

You need a knife for dozens of things. I.e. cutting ropes, making small splints of wood to start a fire, cutting through canvas cover etc. Without a usefull knife a soldier has big problems. I knew.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
None to the IDF, looks like none to anybody, what a frustrating web site, no mention of prices, and nowhere on the site to place an order. How do they stay in business like that?  

http://www.dustar-knife.com/HTMLs/articlen.aspx?C2056=12532&BSP=12273&BSS110=12532&BSS609=12534

That's because they have other retailers that sell, here is a site that sells them and their about 200+ dollars.

http://www.jtknives.com/product.php?type=1

I think i'm going to buy one, a knife has plenty of uses.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
You realize that the IDF always fights close to the supply line, we don't have vast open spaces, or jungles. Every company surely has some knives in it but there is no need to issue a knife as a standard personal accessory, especially since the combat gear weighs too much anyway. And in a company is stuck without a knife in some arab slum, surely they can "borrow" one from the locals.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer

That's because they have other retailers that sell, here is a site that sells them and their about 200+ dollars.

http://www.jtknives.com/product.php?type=1

I think i'm going to buy one, a knife has plenty of uses.

Ah, thank you for that, I may just buy one and add it to my survival kit.  :soldier:
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.