Author Topic: Antisemitic Massachusetts banning Circumcision  (Read 1661 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Antisemitic Massachusetts banning Circumcision
« on: March 03, 2010, 05:27:29 PM »
This is absolutely sickening. I would not have believed this if someone told me this 10 years ago. America is turning into another antisemitic cesspool. The ancient greeks attempted to ban circumcision and the greeks are history... If America continues with the antisemitic track it will end up like the ancient egyptians, the ancient greeks, and the ancient romans, all of them are extinct.

This is an affront to the Jewish community. I hope that Jews will respond appropriately to this draconian measure...

http://israelmatzav.blogspot.com/2010/03/nanny-state-strikes-again-massachusetts.html#links

The Nanny State strikes again: Massachusetts to ban circumcision?

Whenever the radical left wants to attack Jewish ritual, they attack one of two things for being 'cruel' and 'inhumane.' One is ritual slaughter. The other is circumcision.

There is a bill pending in the legislature of the People's Republic of Massachusetts that would ban circumcision for anyone under the age of 18. It specifically states no exceptions for religious reasons (Hat Tip: Lance K).

Under the legislation, people who disregard the ban would face a fine and possible 14-year prison sentence.

The proposal classifies male circumcision as genital mutilation and supporters of the bill say male infants can't possible consent to the procedure.

They testified here on Beacon Hill, calling circumcision unethical at its core.

The Centers for Disease Control says lack of circumcision has been linked to sexually transmitted diseases, urinary tract infections and penile cancer.

In the US, common complications include minor bleeding and infection.

The CDC doesn't recommend either way, preferring to leave the decision up to the person and their parents.

There are a lot of comments - most of which seem to be in favor of the bill.

If this passes, I suspect a lot of people in the Boston area will be traveling to Providence to circumcise their sons.

What could go wrong?
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Re: Antisemitic Massachusetts banning Circumcision
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 06:06:26 PM »
Muman. All due respect, there are an awful lot of left wing Jews in MA. Do you REALLY believe they will do anything? Didnt you see that young Jewish man that cried when the Jew hating black man said "Heil Hitler?"   
That is what is IN the left wing mind, Jew OR gentile, the BRAINWASHING>>>>  They will pass it off as 'lets be toLLLLLLLLLLLLLLerent'
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 06:18:10 PM »
As bad as things are in Massachusetts I honestly don't see this legislation passing. How would something like this be enforced anyway? I can see a hundred ways around a law like this and I am sure the politicians see them also. This controversy starts up now and again only to be pushed aside every time.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 06:22:11 PM »
I don't think it's constitutional without a religious exemption.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 06:25:49 PM »
I agree with Muman.  what is the point of leglislation like this, except to be anti-Semitic?

If you want to keep your child's foreskin, there is nothing preventing a parent from choosing this option.  Why BAN something that is entirely elective and may have some health benefits?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 06:27:41 PM »
If I had a son I would not do that. However I think Jewish people have the right to do this as it's a symbol of their Jewish identity and relationship with God.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 07:07:16 PM »
As bad as things are in Massachusetts I honestly don't see this legislation passing. How would something like this be enforced anyway? I can see a hundred ways around a law like this and I am sure the politicians see them also. This controversy starts up now and again only to be pushed aside every time.

I seriously do not know how Jewish people are surviving in MA, if they are Orthodox and right wing/Chasidic.  EVERY person that I have met online from MA is a serious Jew hater, BIGTIME.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2010, 07:11:33 PM »

I seriously do not know how Jewish people are surviving in MA, if they are Orthodox and right wing/Chasidic.  EVERY person that I have met online from MA is a serious Jew hater, BIGTIME.

I agree with Ashedina. When I was a little kid, my parent's friends who lived in Mass. had a son who was tortured every day at school for being a "kike."  I only hope that we are missing part of the story.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2010, 07:39:52 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2010, 07:38:24 PM »
If I had a son I would not do that. However I think Jewish people have the right to do this as it's a symbol of their Jewish identity and relationship with G-d.

The circumcision is called the Brit, or the covenent... A man is not considered Jewish unless he has been circumcised. Many of the commandments are forbidden for those who have not been circumcised.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Moshe92

« Reply #9 on: March 03, 2010, 07:38:44 PM »

Well that's not true anymore.  ;)

By the way, I doubt this legislation will come close to passing.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2010, 07:39:41 PM »
http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/144122/jewish/Brit-Milah.htm

Circumcision is the first commandment given by God to Abraham, the first Jew, and is central to Judaism.

"This is My covenant that you shall observe between Me and you and your children after you, to circumcise your every male. You shall circumcise the flesh of your foreskin, and it shall become the sign of a covenant between Me and you" (Genesis 17:10-11).

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #11 on: March 03, 2010, 07:41:13 PM »
A good part of my family history was in Massachussets... It is sad to think that the state has become so antisemitic.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 03, 2010, 07:43:52 PM »
Moshe,

How do young people every study and get their hw done in High school these days?  The internet is so distracting.  How do you negotiate homework and online time?  What do your parents say about online time?  I'm just curious.  Thanks

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 03, 2010, 07:45:40 PM »

I agree with Ashedina. When I was a little kid, my parent's friends who lived in Mass. had a son who was tortured every day at school for being a "kike."  I only hope that we are missing part of the story.

I think Jewish people should get OUT of MA.  This IS Jew-hate.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Moshe92

« Reply #14 on: March 03, 2010, 07:53:54 PM »
Moshe,

How do young people every study and get their hw done in High school these days?  The internet is so distracting.  How do you negotiate homework and online time?  What do your parents say about online time?  I'm just curious.  Thanks

Well I do often have a lot of homework since I take mostly honors and AP classes, and I'm busy since I do many other things outside of school. Although recently, I've been on this forum more because I haven't had as much homework, maybe because it's the second half of senior year.

You're right that the internet is distracting. Although when I'm online, I'm mostly on this forum, and most other kids my age spend their online time on facebook or stupid websites.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 03, 2010, 08:03:54 PM »
Moshe,

Well I do often have a lot of homework since I take mostly honors and AP classes, and I'm busy since I do many other things outside of school. Although recently, I've been on this forum more because I haven't had as much homework, maybe because it's the second half of senior year.

You're right that the internet is distracting. Although when I'm online, I'm mostly on this forum, and most other kids my age spend their online time on facebook or stupid websites.

Yeah I can imagine. When I was in HS, I used to sit in my room and do my homework maybe for 5 hours uninterrupted, or maybe with a telephone call here and there. Nowadays with the internet, I often wonder how HS students get anything done with the draw of the computer right in front of their face.  I know when I was in medical school, I would take computer breaks when I was studying.  They were supposed to be for 15 minutes, but they were always for like an hour and a half.  As a result, I was always wasting time online. 

Moshe92

« Reply #16 on: March 03, 2010, 08:19:19 PM »
Also, I almost never watch TV. Not watching TV is a good way to save time.

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 04, 2010, 01:55:30 AM »
Muman. All due respect, there are an awful lot of left wing Jews in MA. Do you REALLY believe they will do anything? Didnt you see that young Jewish man that cried when the Jew hating black man said "Heil Hitler?"   
That is what is IN the left wing mind, Jew OR gentile, the BRAINWASHING>>>>  They will pass it off as 'lets be toLLLLLLLLLLLLLLerent'

Even leftwing Jews give their male children a brit milah.   Reformists still give brit milah.  Reform rabbis still preach to give brit milah.

And there are orthodox Jewish communities in Massachusetts, including in Boston area, Newton, Brookline, etc.   

This new legislation is an outrage.