Author Topic: Did ZooTube change their viewing format today?  (Read 4020 times)

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
Did ZooTube change their viewing format today?
« on: March 03, 2010, 07:24:05 PM »
In the last 2 or 3 hours,    I noticed on my computer that the video and comment info is appearing differently on ZooTube,  when attempting to view a video.    Has this happened with anyone else?     
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Did ZooTube change their viewing format today?
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2010, 07:54:09 PM »
Eb,

It looks the same to me

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »
Eb,

It looks the same to me

Thanks,  JTFenthusiast2.

I checked another computer and on that computer,    ZooTube is functioning the way it normally does.     Yet,  on the computer that I'm using now,    I'm getting another version of the ZooTube screen when viewing videos.     I came across a site that seems to illustrate the difference to some extent:   

http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/b5296/189657322/p1/?9

Apparently,   I'm now getting a Beta version.     On that site,   user " Yab"  as a picture of the version that I'm now getting.    You can click on it to see it enlarged.

One major difference between the regular ZooTube version and the one I'm now getting on this computer is instead of rating videos 1 to 5 stars,   the rating system is like vs. "dislike this".      A thumbs up or thumbs down.    I don't like this version of Zootube at all.      I hope there's a way of getting the previous version back on this computer.    Any input would be much appreciated.

"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2010, 09:44:59 PM »
It looks like all ZooTube users might be stuck with a new version of ZooTube in the foreseeable future.    For those of you who don't have this new version of ZooTube on your computer yet,   consider yourself fortunate.   LOL   

http://www.youtube.com/watch?videos=j0s5c2AvGhI&v=HoRJNz7unvs

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2010, 09:45:10 PM »
I'm really sorry eb, I tried to find a fix for you but there are none in any of my searches. :-( Maybe in the next few days they will have one. We can hope!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 03, 2010, 09:47:43 PM »
I'm really sorry eb, I tried to find a fix for you but there are none in any of my searches. :-( Maybe in the next few days they will have one. We can hope!

Thanks,  arksis.     

The situation doesn't look promising,   especially for the long run.      This reminds me of the " upgrades"  from the MSN days,   that were really downgrades.     

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2010, 10:05:46 PM »
Someone just sent me the following link that has more info on the redesigned video page:

http://www.google.com/support/forum/p/youtube/thread?tid=7c3dc1180e47b860&hl=en

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2010, 12:38:44 AM »
lol, EB, now I am having trouble getting YT to work at all

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 04, 2010, 05:36:04 AM »
lol, EB, now I am having trouble getting YT to work at all

Sorry to see that you are having difficulty with ZooTube.   

Can you access the Google.Com Support message board that I provided a link for?

If you can,   maybe someone can provide some info that can solve the problem.   

Hopefully,   by later today,    you will have full access.      If you have another computer,    try ZooTube on it to see if its working for you.     Right now,    I'm still getting the new ZooTube redesigned video page on the computer that it appeared on yesterday.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2010, 07:51:37 AM »

Thanks,  arksis.     

The situation doesn't look promising,   especially for the long run.      This reminds me of the " upgrades"  from the MSN days,   that were really downgrades.     

I hated those MSN days and they really lost alot of people then. I'll never understand why people change or fix what isn't broken!

Anyhoo..........went to the link you sent below and it seems you have to delete ALL your zootube cookies and you should revert back to the old way.
Someone else posted that there is a Working link that says 'Return to the old YouTube' next to the search bar in the top of the page. I sure hope one of these works for you! There really are alot of complaints about the beta!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 04, 2010, 09:27:09 AM »
arksis,   thanks for the additional info.     

While I'm not optimistic that ZooTube will keep the current video page format,   if enough people complain about this Beta version,    maybe there's an outside chance that they give people the option to keep the current format over the long run.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2010, 10:32:05 AM »
I agree eb! I hope deleting the cookies works for you! Do you have Crap Cleaner? If so, that's a good way to clean them out. Otherwise, you'll have to go to Tools/Internet Options and remove them that way.
Meir Kahane

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2010, 12:14:23 PM »
arksis,   some good news.    I was able to get the regular version of ZooTube back on this computer by deleting all of my cookies.     I tried to do in manually,   but that didn't work.     While putting passwords back on various sites is somewhat time consuming,   it's a far better alternative than that Beta version of ZooTube.       Thanks again for your help!

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2010, 04:19:01 PM »
So glad to hear it worked for you! Download Crap Cleaner if you can, and then go to Options. It let's YOU choose which cookies you want to KEEP and that way you won't have to go through the password thing again, every time you clean up the junk on your computer.
Meir Kahane

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #14 on: March 05, 2010, 01:04:41 PM »
thats youtube in safe-mode  ;D

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 07:03:52 PM »
Eb,

It looks the same to me

Thanks,  JTFenthusiast2.

I checked another computer and on that computer,    ZooTube is functioning the way it normally does.     Yet,  on the computer that I'm using now,    I'm getting another version of the ZooTube screen when viewing videos.     I came across a site that seems to illustrate the difference to some extent:   

http://boards.ign.com/teh_vestibule/b5296/189657322/p1/?9

Apparently,   I'm now getting a Beta version.     On that site,   user " Yab"  as a picture of the version that I'm now getting.    You can click on it to see it enlarged.

One major difference between the regular ZooTube version and the one I'm now getting on this computer is instead of rating videos 1 to 5 stars,   the rating system is like vs. "dislike this".      A thumbs up or thumbs down.    I don't like this version of Zootube at all.      I hope there's a way of getting the previous version back on this computer.    Any input would be much appreciated.

I tried deleating my cookies and I'm stuck with this new one!

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 06, 2010, 10:44:57 PM »
Did you delete all of your cookies?

arksis'  suggestion regarding Downloading  " Crap Cleaner "  is worth seriously considering.      While I'm fortunate to be rid of this new ZooTube version,    I'm planning on downloading "  Crap Cleaner"  as early as later today.       

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 12:48:10 PM »
Yes EB, I deleted all of my cookies and everything.  This new version stinks.  You can't favorite anything from the video page and it doesn't suggest similar titles among other things.  'crap cleaner'  is this safe and where do you get it?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 01:12:05 PM »
I agree with you about this new beta version of ZooTube.       I'm fortunate that its no longer on my system.    Hopefully,  you will be able to get rid of it ASAP.

The following is a link to " Crap Cleaner":

http://www.scanwith.com/download/CCleaner.htm

I've never used it.     But arksis'  recommendation makes me feel very comfortable in putting it on my computer,   as she has provided me many excellent computer problem solutions over the years.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 01:26:01 PM »
I agree with you about this new beta version of ZooTube.       I'm fortunate that its no longer on my system.    Hopefully,  you will be able to get rid of it ASAP.

The following is a link to " Crap Cleaner":

http://www.scanwith.com/download/CCleaner.htm

I've never used it.     But arksis'  recommendation makes me feel very comfortable in putting it on my computer,   as she has provided me many excellent computer problem solutions over the years.

I used it.  You know what I got ?
Crap.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2010, 01:29:02 PM »
Another thing that might be worth considering is doing a "  System Restore"    from a day prior to when the new Beta ZooTube got on your computer.

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2010, 01:29:53 PM »
That's not a bad idea at all.  But will it be reintroduced like it was the last time?

Thannks, EB

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2010, 01:33:52 PM »
That's not a bad idea at all.  But will it be reintroduced like it was the last time?

Thannks, EB

My pleasure.

I'm not sure what the end result would be.     Yet,   on the surface it would seem like there's very little risk and a potential high reward.

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #23 on: March 07, 2010, 01:34:57 PM »
There's an awful smell of affirmative action around here.  :thumbsdown:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: March 07, 2010, 01:38:34 PM »
But then I will lose stuff on my desktop...annoying   >:(