Author Topic: What means "haw haw"  (Read 2828 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What means "haw haw"
« on: March 08, 2010, 02:32:07 AM »
What means "haw haw"? I have read this expression frequently, in my dictionary haw is the fruit of a shrub. But this does not fit in the context. It is perhaps a figure a speech?
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
Re: What means "haw haw"
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2010, 02:54:50 AM »
I know of "Lord Haw-Haw", an english traitor who broadcast propaganda from nazi germany ...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_Haw-Haw

In hebrew haw-haw (and hav-hav) is the literal expression of dog barking.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2010, 04:33:35 AM »
I know of "Lord Haw-Haw", an english traitor who broadcast propaganda from nazi germany ...

I think it could be like hav-hav in Hebrew.  Perhaps some form of laugh with a special connotation.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2010, 05:27:53 AM »

Yes when some people are sarcastic they'll laugh haw -haw- haw

I think it could be like hav-hav in Hebrew.  Perhaps some form of laugh with a special connotation.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2010, 05:55:03 AM »

Now I understand. Thanks mord.  :)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2010, 05:56:56 AM »

Now I understand. Thanks mord.  :)
i put it in the wrong place :)      Yes when some people are sarcastic they'll laugh haw -haw- haw   

look it comes from Frisian        http://en.wiktionary.org/wiki/haw
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2010, 06:28:12 AM »
I.e. is this use correct?

"The Muslim wanted to steal from the house. But a great dog was in it. The dog bit the Muslim terrible. I am shure he deserved it. Haw Haw"

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:44 AM »

"The Muslim wanted to steal from the house. But a great dog was in it. The dog bit the Muslim terrible. I am shure he deserved it. Haw Haw"
yes you can say that,or if someone said to me i think the qurananimals are the best people in the world.I would ask is that a joke or something.. haw haw haw

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2010, 06:41:56 AM »

yes you can say that,or if someone said to me i think the qurananimals are the best people in the world.I would ask is that a joke or something.. haw haw haw

Yes I think I have learned something new.  :)

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2010, 10:03:13 AM »
It is a type of laugh that was popularized by the character Nelson Muntz on the Simpsons. Basically it is a mean-spirited laugh at somebody else's misfortune.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2010, 10:55:25 AM »
It is a type of laugh that was popularized by the character Nelson Muntz on the Simpsons. Basically it is a mean-spirited laugh at somebody else's misfortune.

Thank you DBF.  :)

Look there was an earthquake in AKP-Turkey. Haw haw haw  :::D

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2010, 01:39:00 PM »

I was thinking of the cowboy dialect.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Wake up America, Obama is the enemy!
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2010, 06:37:06 PM »

Yes I think I have learned something new.  :)

Ulli....Turkey had a earthquake! Ha Ha Ha !           :laugh:

You can spell it Haw or Ha.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2010, 10:49:22 AM »
Dox, then "He he he" is the nice laugh and "haw haw haw" like "ha ha ha" is the dirty one.  8;)

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2010, 11:34:13 AM »

:::D :::D
There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2010, 11:51:07 AM »

Here, everything you ever wanted to know about hee haw http://www.heehaw.com/news.html  ;D
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 09, 2010, 11:58:09 AM »
Dox, then "He he he" is the nice laugh and "haw haw haw" like "ha ha ha" is the dirty one.  8;)

Yes Ulli...." he he he " can be considered a good/ agreeable laugh.....

'Ha Ha Ha' is like saying " what a burn, " or you can consider 'Ha Ha Ha' as slang for vengeful thoughts.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: March 09, 2010, 12:15:21 PM »

Here, everything you ever wanted to know about hee haw http://www.heehaw.com/news.html  ;D

It is a funny website. Perhaps a little bit nuts.  :::D

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: March 09, 2010, 12:16:52 PM »

'Ha Ha Ha' is like saying " what a burn, " or you can consider 'Ha Ha Ha' as slang for vengeful thoughts.

So "he he he" if a you make a joke about good people. And "ha ha ha" if you make a joke about Muslims.  ;D

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: March 09, 2010, 12:17:25 PM »

:::D :::D

Right my friend.  ;D

Offline GoIsraelGo!

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 09, 2010, 05:29:24 PM »

So "he he he" if a you make a joke about good people. And "ha ha ha" if you make a joke about Muslims.  ;D

Yes Ulli...for example:  " Ha Ha Ha, " The muslims got nuked!           I wish  ;D

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #21 on: March 09, 2010, 11:10:05 PM »
I don't think there's that much of a difference between different laughs. I think it depends more on the context.