Author Topic: Corey Haim dead at 38 after apparent overdose  (Read 1430 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: Corey Haim dead at 38 after apparent overdose
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2010, 06:08:22 PM »
I cannot rejoice as a result of another Jew's death, but hopefully this will be a lesson for others to kick their habits.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2010, 06:12:04 PM »
By the age of 38 a man should learn from his mistakes... I stopped using all illegal drugs when I was 33 {12 years ago}....

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 10, 2010, 06:41:52 PM »
According to the article, he was staying with his mother to help her with her cancer.  I can only imagine how despondent he felt then and how despondent she feels now

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2010, 07:13:47 PM »
How do you know he was Jewish?

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2010, 07:18:15 PM »

According to the following article,   Corey Haim's mother is Israeli and his father is a Jewish Canadian.       Before today,   I never even knew that Corey Haim existed:       

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news/29221/lost-boys-corey-haim-dies
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #6 on: March 10, 2010, 07:50:33 PM »
Scary.  were the exact same age too.

Offline tron77

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 10, 2010, 07:59:46 PM »
so he was jewish. he didnt do anything positive with his life, after he made his money. None of these people in hollywood do. I dont feel sorry for any of their self induced misery. Perhaps more should join the other side.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: March 10, 2010, 08:02:14 PM »
so he was jewish. he didnt do anything positive with his life, after he made his money. None of these people in hollywood do. I dont feel sorry for any of their self induced misery. Perhaps more should join the other side.

What other side?

Also it is important to mourn the death of every Jew, including those who have gone off the path, and including those who are less than righteous. Unless he was in the camp of the enemy he will always be a Jew. We must judge our fellow Jews favorably, this too is a command from the Torah.

http://www.aish.com/ci/be/48968636.html

Q: I know I'm supposed to give people the benefit of the doubt. Does that mean I have to actually believe they're good?

A. The Torah commands, "Judge your fellow righteously" (Leviticus 19:15). The simple meaning is that the judge needs to judge impartially between rich and poor, but the Talmud adds another meaning: "Judge your fellow favorably." (1) This meaning is supported by the language of the verse because judging someone righteously can also mean judging that they are righteous.

But what does that mean? Does it mean merely withholding judgment? Or at the other extreme actually being convinced of the person's righteousness? Consider the following story from the Talmud:

The rabbis taught: one who judges others favorably, others will judge him favorably. There was once a man who came from the Upper Galilee and hired himself out to a certain householder in the south for three years. Yom Kippur eve he said to him, give me my pay, so that I may provide for my wife and children. He said, I have no money. He said to him, give me produce. He said, I have none. Give me land. I have none. He packed up his possessions and went home in a dark mood. After the holiday the householder took his pay, and with it three loaded donkeys, one with food, one with drink, and one with delicacies, and he went to [the worker's] house. After they ate and drank and he gave him his pay, he said: When I told you I had no money, what did you suspect? He replied, perhaps an unusual bargain presented itself you spent it on that. . . And when you asked for land and I said I had no land what did you suspect? He said, perhaps it is rented out to others. . . .He said to him, thus exactly it was! . . .Just as you judged me favorably, so may God judge you favorably. (2)

We see that the worker didn't merely say, "I assumed you had a good reason." Rather, he came up with a specific plausible explanation that would reflect favorably on the employer. So it seems that "withholding judgment" is not really enough.

On the other hand, one is permitted to take reasonable precautions towards a suspicious figure, even as one judges him favorably. A midrash states, "Let everyone be in your eyes as a bandit, yet respect him as Rabban Gamliel did". The passage goes on to tell that Rabban Gamliel took in a stranger as a house guest. On the one hand he respected the man as he would any house guest, but on the other hand he took the precaution of removing the ladder to the man's attic guest room just in case the man turned out to be a thief – which was in fact the case. (3)

It seems that the commandment of favorable judgment is to do precisely as the worker from the Upper Galilee: when faced with questionable behavior, take a few moments to consider plausible justifications. In some case they will be justifications that would render the person completely innocent; in other cases, they will at any rate minimize his culpability. (The employer certainly acted wrongly when he spent money on a rare bargain when he knew he had to pay his worker, but it is less of a crime than willfully withholding wages.)

In fact, in many places the rabbis referred to favorable judgment as "senegorya," which means literally being a defense attorney. The job of the defense attorney is to be creative in thinking up possible explanations of the defendant's actions so as to minimize his culpability as much as possible. This then is the essence of the commandment of favorable judgment.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline tron77

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: March 10, 2010, 08:08:35 PM »
the other side of life,as in death. These people are narssistic, and incapable of doing something meaningful with the easy life that they have. Instead they spend it on more self endulgance, and attempt to get people to pay to see their shows. or buy their products.  But i understand the idea in concept of morning....

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 10, 2010, 08:37:11 PM »

Another one gone. Gotta love that "progressive", "hip", Hollywood lifestyle. How many is that this month that killed themselves? 3?

Everybody else has to get up at 5:30am bleary eyed tired, then suffer a miserable commute to be at work by 8:45am, followed by 9 hours of drudgery, then another miserable commute home, only to repeat that misery the next morning, after a far to short night of sleep. So no, I don't feel sorry for the narcissistic spoiled brat with a breezy easy life of perpetual vacation that killed himself with drugs.
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #11 on: March 10, 2010, 08:53:47 PM »

According to the following article,   Corey Haim's mother is Israeli and his father is a Jewish Canadian.       Before today,   I never even knew that Corey Haim existed:       

http://www.thejc.com/news/world-news/29221/lost-boys-corey-haim-dies

I wish I could say the same. Growing up, I knew a faggot who idolized Corey Haim. I was subject to years of listening to every little detail about this guy.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline WestCoastJTF

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #12 on: March 10, 2010, 08:59:35 PM »
Also it is important to mourn the death of every Jew, including those who have gone off the path, and including those who are less than righteous.

If you can't mourn the loss of what he was, then mourn what the loss of what he might have been.

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:06 PM »
Quote from: muman613
We must judge our fellow Jews favorably, this too is a command from the Torah.
I will never judge Bernie Madoff favorably, nor will I look to minimize his culpability.  

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: March 10, 2010, 09:29:10 PM »
Quote from: muman613
We must judge our fellow Jews favorably, this too is a command from the Torah.
I will never judge Bernie Madoff favorably, nor will I look to minimize his culpability.  

What Madoff did was very wrong and he has hurt many people, including the entire Jewish community.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: March 10, 2010, 09:31:03 PM »
How did Bernie Madoff hurt the entire Jewish community?

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2010, 09:34:58 PM »
I believe that he most certainly did hurt the entire Jewish community.  How?  Let's start with him feeding the ugly perception that antisemites have about Jews in general.  He makes us all look bad and he's a shanda to the Jews.  In short, he hurts our reputation.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2010, 10:45:34 PM »

He also gave a lot to Jewish institutions and now they don't have that source of money any more... I also know that many Jews were caught up in his ponzi scheme... And as IsraelForever pointed out, he gave the antisemites just what they wanted... A rich Jew manipulating the goyim to make money for the Jews...

http://www.besr.org/Article.aspx?ArticleID=590

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/48971001.html
The media coverage of the Bernard Madoff scandal made extensive reference to Madoff's ethnic and religious background and his prominent role in the Jewish community. Because the scandal broke at a time of great public outcry against financial institutions, some, including Brad Greenberg in The Christian Science Monitor and Mark Seal in Vanity Fair, have reported on its potential to generate a wave of anti-Semitism.

This concern makes good sense. In complex situations such as the current financial crisis, where the vast majority of us lack the relevant expertise and information, biases and prejudices may play a significant role in shaping public attitudes. To evaluate just how large a role, we conducted a study (part of a larger survey of 2,768 American adults) in which we explored people's responses to the economic collapse and tried to determine how anti-Semitic sentiments might relate to the ongoing financial crisis.

In order to assess explicit prejudice toward Jews, we directly asked respondents "How much to blame were the Jews for the financial crisis?" with responses falling under five categories: a great deal, a lot, a moderate amount, a little, not at all. Among non-Jewish respondents, a strikingly high 24.6 percent of Americans blamed "the Jews" a moderate amount or more, and 38.4 percent attributed at least some level of blame to the group.

Interestingly, Democrats were especially prone to blaming Jews: while 32 percent of Democrats accorded at least moderate blame, only 18.4 percent of Republicans did so (a statistically significant difference). This difference is somewhat surprising given the presumed higher degree of racial tolerance among liberals and the fact that Jews are a central part of the Democratic Party's electoral coalition. Are Democrats simply more likely to "blame everything" thus casting doubt on whether the anti-Jewish attitudes are real? Not at all. We also asked how much "individuals who took out loans and mortgages they could not afford" were to blame on the same five-point scale. In this case, Democrats were less likely than Republicans to assign moderate or greater blame.

Educational attainment also correlates with variation in anti-Semitic attitudes. Whereas only 18.3 percent of respondents with at least a bachelor's degree blamed the Jews a moderate amount or more, 27.3 percent of those lacking a 4-year degree did so. Again, we get a similar reversal when examining the blameworthiness of individuals who took out loans they could not afford.

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2010, 11:24:38 PM »

He also gave a lot to Jewish institutions and now they don't have that source of money any more... I also know that many Jews were caught up in his ponzi scheme... And as IsraelForever pointed out, he gave the antisemites just what they wanted... A rich Jew manipulating the goyim to make money for the Jews...

http://www.besr.org/Article.aspx?ArticleID=590

http://www.aish.com/ci/s/48971001.html

While I'm very sorry that many good or misguided people lost their money,    as well as charities that are beneficial,    it's a positive when the leftist charities lose their source of money.      One example of a leftist Jewish charity that was adversely affected was American Jewish Congress.    Chaim has been VERY critical of that organization:

http://www.charitygovernance.com/charity_governance/2009/02/the-list-charityrelated-victims-of-bernard-madoff.html
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2010, 12:06:50 AM »
Some sources say he was clean. I really don't believe he was

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2010, 12:21:11 AM »
only Hashem can judge Corey Haim now! I think its wrong of any of you on here that are judging a dead man, a dead Jew, that obviously suffered due to depression to the point he is over dosing on drugs.  He didnt have the most succesful career anyways, so I wouldnt assume he had an easy life either....who know what troubles he faced daily.  once again only Hashem can judge!