Author Topic: Ashton, Merkel: Israeli Settlement Plan Undermined Resumption Of Talks  (Read 1319 times)

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
What the hell is Merkel doing? I seriously can't see any benefit in statements like this. Jerusalem is the city of king David. It belongs eternally to the Jews - even from a Christian perspective. Plus it is fundamentally wrong to encourage the Muslims. They will only become cheekier and more violent. The right thing would be to tell them, that Jerusalem is not Germanies business.

Ashton, Merkel: Israeli Settlement Plan Undermined Resumption Of Talks
3/15/2010 11:50 AM ET
European Union's foreign-policy head, touring the Middle East, said Israel's new settlement plan in East Jerusalem had endangered and undermined the resumption of indirect negotiations between the Palestinians and Israel.

Catherine Ashton, the EU foreign policy director, made the 27-nation bloc's position on settlements clear while addressing the Arab League in Cairo Monday.

She reiterated EU's stand that "settlements are illegal, constitute an obstacle to peace, and threaten to make a two State solution impossible."

She reminded that while the EU has "a firm commitment to the security of Israel, we stand up for a deal that delivers justice, freedom, and dignity to the Palestinians."

Ashton tried to infuse a sense of urgency on both sides when she said Israeli-Palestinian peace talks are "urgent because Israel has a popular Prime Minister who owes it to his people to move to the (two-state) solution he supports and the Palestinians, despite everything ... are willing to engage."

Ashton, who is also scheduled to visit Israel, Jordan, Lebanon, Syria, and the West Bank during her first tour of the region since taking office in January, said the primary purpose of her visit was "to show the continued importance that the EU attaches to the resolution of the Arab-Israeli conflict."

She said she will also go to Gaza, where the people are suffering from the blockade.

Also Monday, German Chancellor Angela Merkel joined the list of Western leaders who came out against Israel's decision last week to approve the building of 1,600 new homes in East Jerusalem.

Talking to reporters after holding talks with Lebanese Prime Minister Saad Hariri in Berlin, Merkel said "We have suffered a serious blow to the question of proximity talks between the Palestinians and Israel."
Copyright © 2010 RTTNews.com, Inc. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed without prior written consent of RTTNews.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Ithaca-37

• Senior JTFer
"What the hell is Merkel doing? I seriously can't see any benefit in statements like this."

It's not really so complex:  Europe is sitting on a powder-keg of its own making, by allowing too much Muslim trash onto the continent.  That population is reaching critical mass, and it must be appeased.  If not, then the Euros will be facing the same daily ugliness as the Israelis.  They've already gotten some taste of it in the form of periodic ghetto riots (if you see a story from the EU about 'youths rioting', then just read 'Muslims rioting').  Europe is throwing Israel to the wolves, hoping that the wolves will not longer be hungry.

In fact, the wolves will only be stronger.

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
"What the hell is Merkel doing? I seriously can't see any benefit in statements like this."

It's not really so complex:  Europe is sitting on a powder-keg of its own making, by allowing too much Muslim trash onto the continent.  That population is reaching critical mass, and it must be appeased.  If not, then the Euros will be facing the same daily ugliness as the Israelis.  They've already gotten some taste of it in the form of periodic ghetto riots (if you see a story from the EU about 'youths rioting', then just read 'Muslims rioting').  Europe is throwing Israel to the wolves, hoping that the wolves will not longer be hungry.

In fact, the wolves will only be stronger.

Yes, this is right.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
She's absolutely crazy. I don't see how anyone who grew up learning about the Holocaust can encourage bad things to happen to Israel.

It doesn't make any sense. Especially considering the great debt that Germany has to pay to the Jewish people which may never be repaid no matter what, and she's digging it in deeper by supporting the enemies of the Jewish people!

Offline Ulli

• Gold Star JTF Member
She's absolutely crazy. I don't see how anyone who grew up learning about the Holocaust can encourage bad things to happen to Israel.

It doesn't make any sense. Especially considering the great debt that Germany has to pay to the Jewish people which may never be repaid no matter what, and she's digging it in deeper by supporting the enemies of the Jewish people!

Besides this point, backing up quranimals is for the whole world dangerous. I ask myself everyday, what crime did the Muslims have to add to their already full account in order to make western people to wake up. If any other cultural group would have done only a few percent of their crimes, the whole world would be after them. But with Muslims it seems different ...

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Angela Merkel should keep her flap shut.  Anytime, I hear her or any other German telling Israel or any other Jew what to do, I feel like getting up in their face.  I mean she has some nerve even thinking about giving direction to the Jewish state or people.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Besides this point, backing up quranimals is for the whole world dangerous. I ask myself everyday, what crime did the Muslims have to add to their already full account in order to make western people to wake up. If any other cultural group would have done only a few percent of their crimes, the whole world would be after them. But with Muslims it seems different ...

Every creature on earth wants to survive. Why Europeans seem to want to commit suicide makes no sense to me at all.