Author Topic: boycott of Israeli good backfires in new Mexico  (Read 483 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
boycott of Israeli good backfires in new Mexico
« on: March 19, 2010, 05:28:03 AM »
 :laugh: :laugh:                  http://netwmd.com/blog/ 

03/19/2010
4:02 AM PST
Boycott of Israeli Products at Trader Joe’s in Albuquerque Backfires Big-time
March 18, 2010, 8:10 pm

By Andrew L. Jaffee

I found out about a so-called “boycott” of Israeli products at Trader Joe’s a few weeks ago. Of course, I went straight to the store to buy as many Israeli products as I could get my hands on. Guess what? Most of the Israeli food-stuffs had already sold out. Not really surprising when a “recent poll of American voters shows an astonishing 8-to-1 sympathy for Israel over the Palestinians,” and Bill Clinton stating recently, “I don’t know what we would have done without the Israeli field hospital in Haiti.”

When I asked the manager where I could specifically find Israeli products, he had an associate help me search what was left. As the manager and I talked, he commented, “Funny how these things work out,” regarding this and previous “boycotts.” In fact, a week later, Trader Joe’s had set up an extremely prominent display for Israeli couscous (see below the picture for more info):

[Boycott of Israeli Products at Trader Joe's in Albuquerque Backfires Big-time]
Yeah. That “boycott” was a real success! This Israeli couscous display was put up soon after the “boycott.”
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: boycott of Israeli good backfires in new Mexico
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2010, 07:42:40 AM »
As far as dental and umplant products, Israeli goods are far superior to non Israeli ones. Their ental technology is so amazing that I'm even envious I didn't grow up in Israel with a Jewish Israeli education. Jewish cab drivers in Israel can carry a better intellectual deep conversation better than many doctors in the US!!!!

If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Ulli

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2010, 12:10:07 PM »
Great story Mord.
"Cities run by progressives don't know how to police. ... Thirty cities went up last night, I went and looked at every one of them. Every one of them has a progressive Democratic mayor." Rudolph Giuliani

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2010, 12:53:17 PM »
I always buy Israeli persimmons in my local store and look for other Israeli produce. But in this example - I don't know. If the customers went and bought all Israeli foodstuffs then didn't they help the store also to make a big sale? Maybe it would have been better to boycott the store altogether?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2010, 12:59:37 PM »
I always buy Israeli persimmons in my local store and look for other Israeli produce. But in this example - I don't know. If the customers went and bought all Israeli foodstuffs then didn't they help the store also to make a big sale? Maybe it would have been better to boycott the store altogether?

I don't think it was Trader Joe's that was boycotting Israeli products but some idiots calling for a boycott of Israeli products carried by Trader Joe's.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Masha

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: March 19, 2010, 01:27:11 PM »

I don't think it was Trader Joe's that was boycotting Israeli products but some idiots calling for a boycott of Israeli products carried by Trader Joe's.

Oh, I see.