Author Topic: Any motorcycle riders here?  (Read 3626 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Any motorcycle riders here?
« on: March 27, 2010, 09:08:03 PM »
I'm looking into buying a motorcycle and was looking at the Yamaha Vstar 1100, anyone have any experience with them? How hard is it to get a motorcycle license?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Any motorcycle riders here?
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2010, 10:31:24 PM »
I've heard some stories of horrible accidents with motorcycles. One person that died was someone who knew my dad's friend and another person that died was a friend of one of my instructors. Because of that it's hard for me to view motorcycles in a positive light. Of course there is a risk in any type of vehicle, but to go on the road with cars with no protection around your body but a leather jacket and only two wheels rather than four balance on if you hit debris in the road seems a bit foolhardy.

I also see many motorcyclists weaving in and out of traffic (not following the driving rules like they're supposed to) flirting with an accident.

It would probably be safer if you lived in the country.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2010, 10:40:50 PM »

Yup, we've all voted against this, no motorcycles for you! We don't want to see you get mangled. Get yourself a nice safe car, if you must have the wind in your hair, make it a convertible, but with airbags and wear your seat belt!
Nuke the arabs till they glow, then shoot them in the dark.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »
I'm not saying that he necessarily shouldn't get one, but I do think there's a big risk inherent in this that needs to be considered, and that can include permanent injury/disability, coma, or death.

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2010, 10:51:49 PM »

No it's stupid, stupid beyond belief, you put your life in complete peril every time you get on one of those ridiculous things. You only have ONE life, lose it, and it is OVER. Too many stupid people on the roads, you can be the end-all be-all best motorcycle rider in the world, and all it takes is one stupid yuckapuck that drives like crap to wipe you out.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: March 27, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »

No it's stupid, stupid beyond belief, you put your life in complete peril every time you get on one of those ridiculous things. You only have ONE life, lose it, and it is OVER. Too many stupid people on the roads, you can be the end-all be-all best motorcycle rider in the world, and all it takes is one stupid yuckapuck that drives like crap to wipe you out.

Very true, the risk is huge.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2010, 11:10:03 PM »
I live in a pretty rural area.

I have a car but wanted something good on gas to get to work, i figure when its raining i can use the car.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2010, 11:23:12 PM »
I've heard some stories of horrible accidents with motorcycles. One person that died was someone who knew my dad's friend and another person that died was a friend of one of my instructors. Because of that it's hard for me to view motorcycles in a positive light. Of course there is a risk in any type of vehicle, but to go on the road with cars with no protection around your body but a leather jacket and only two wheels rather than four balance on if you hit debris in the road seems a bit foolhardy.

I also see many motorcyclists weaving in and out of traffic (not following the driving rules like they're supposed to) flirting with an accident.

It would probably be safer if you lived in the country.
Twice in my youth I got permits to start getting a motorcycle license and both times as I studied the risks quit the process.  My cousin who is a physician told me that when he worked in the emergency room he saw so many injuries from motorcycle accidents that he could not stand seeing them on the road.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2010, 11:26:09 PM »
Isnt that kind of like saying you shouldn't walk in the city though because theres a good chance you could get shot by a crazy person?

I'm just saying there's risks for everything.

I used to ride Jetskis for 6 years on the gulf of Mexico and there were a lot of crazy people out there, everyone would try to get them banned because of the amount of accidents and I never once had a accident on a Jetski.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2010, 11:47:37 PM »
It's true that if you're more responsible it lessens the risks somewhat, but you should never have the attitude of "it can't happen to me".

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: March 28, 2010, 12:41:56 AM »
Isnt that kind of like saying you shouldn't walk in the city though because theres a good chance you could get shot by a crazy person?

I used to ride Jetskis for 6 years on the gulf of Mexico and there were a lot of crazy people out there, everyone would try to get them banned because of the amount of accidents and I never once had a accident on a Jetski.

If you want to use the getting shot analogy, I see it more like playing Russian roulette, with about the same odds, literally.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2010, 11:36:41 AM »

No doubt that by being careful you can improve your odds.  However, cars on the road often don't see motorcycles (I know sometimes I don't).  And in a collision I would much rather be surrounded by thousands of pounds of metal than a leather jacket and air.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Online Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2010, 02:15:28 PM »
I think WI knows what to do to be safe.  WI go ahead, I heard that Yamahas are pretty darn good. 
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2010, 09:23:50 PM »
What a beautiful bike WI! It's not that hard to get a license, just practice a bit before you go. You have to start off, then stop and be able to do a figure 8 if I remember right. It's been over 30 years since I rode a bike and I sure do miss it. When I see one on the road, I stay behind them and try to "protect" them from other cars LOL My husband is very much against them, like alot here on the forum so I never got another one.
I saw a commercial on TV for Harley Davidson, they came out with a program to help people buy motorcycles starting at $99 a month, might be worth looking into! If you get a chance, go talk to someone that rides and what they have to say about getting your motorcycle license. Good luck!
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline Patriot

• Junior JTFer
  • Tu Ne Cede Malis
« Reply #14 on: March 29, 2010, 12:43:37 AM »
I think yamaha is a good brand of motorcycle. honda would be the safest bet.

I have mainly riden sportbikes though and have little first hand experience with cruisers.

Anything is dangerous. the washoom is the most dangerous place in the house. more Americans children die due to swimming pools then guns. etc etc....

I have been around a few motorcycle collisions and believe the cause was mainly rider stupidity. most motorcycle crashes are single vehicle. with that said i would not ride in town with heavily congested roadways. the motorbike should be for fun on open roads. like country roads in rural areas.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2010, 08:18:37 AM »

As long as you not weave between cars and stay at the speed limit, there's little to worry about.

BTW would you like to see some motorcycle accident pictures?
Heart here, lung there, arm up there, leg between a trucks wheels.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline New Yorker

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2010, 11:03:22 AM »

The purpose of motorcycles is to keep stupid people from living long enough to breed.  :::D

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2010, 08:09:06 PM »
...be nice folks...
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #18 on: September 09, 2010, 04:43:23 AM »
old thread, but was searching for JTFrs who are into biking.

so White Israelite what did you settle with?
...be nice folks...

New Yorker was mean :o

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #19 on: September 09, 2010, 04:50:44 AM »
« Last Edit: September 09, 2010, 05:00:22 AM by Spiraling Leopard »

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #20 on: September 10, 2010, 11:53:29 AM »
thats a nice one Robert, these new age bikes are very good in sporting style, but can be risky... and spoil a persons posture and add back problems. I prefer a Retro type Cruiser Motorcycle. here its me with my machine: http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/851/ps1090416.png

A Bajaj Avenger, made in India.. Built on a Kawasaki eliminator platform. 200c.

Its this advert^^ which got me totally into buying this

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2010, 01:24:05 PM »
thats a nice one Robert, these new age bikes are very good in sporting style, but can be risky... and spoil a persons posture and add back problems. I prefer a Retro type Cruiser Motorcycle. here its me with my machine: http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/851/ps1090416.png

A Bajaj Avenger, made in India.. Built on a Kawasaki eliminator platform. 200c.

Its this advert^^ which got me totally into buying this

That's a nice picture.
The ZXR750 is 15 years old already, but I think it is the most beautiful motorcycle ever built.

Offline Meerkat

• Master JTFer
  • Yemach Shmam to Egypt and Iran
« Reply #22 on: September 10, 2010, 07:17:51 PM »
i don't like motorcycles. south park was right about them. whenever i hear someone riding one of those things and making much more noise than necessary, i just wanna shout "FAG!" right at him.

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2010, 06:52:09 PM »
i don't like motorcycles. south park was right about them. whenever i hear someone riding one of those things and making much more noise than necessary, i just wanna shout "FAG!" right at him.

I didn't know liberals ride motorcycles.

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2010, 11:55:28 PM »
   Been there. Done that. I have scars and metal plates in my body as a result. It is not fun to recover from an accident. You can't sleep for weeks because the pain does not allow you to. It took six months to learn how to walk again. If you really want to get one and have no experience, I would not start with a 1100 cc bike unless you are over 6 foot tall and the 500 won't suit you. My 500 never lacked the power I needed. I was even able to go over 100 mph a few times. The two most dangerous times to ride are 6 months after getting your first bike and 6 months after getting your second.
   With that said. It is fun to ride and I did make a lot of friends while riding. None with perfect riding records. I will always have to battle with the evil inclination that tells me to get another bike. My point is, once you let the genie out. It is hard to get it back in.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?