Author Topic: Seaweed Fibers May Help Combat Obesity  (Read 577 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Seaweed Fibers May Help Combat Obesity
« on: March 30, 2010, 07:06:28 PM »
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/seaweed-fibers-may-help-combat-obesity-19685586/

Results of a recent UK study suggest that seaweed fibers may one day be capable of helping people fight obesity.

In the study, a team of Newcastle University researchers used an artificial gut to test the effectiveness of more than 60 different natural fibers by measuring the amount of fat that was digested and absorbed with each alternative treatment.

Lead investigators Iain Brownlee and Jeff Pearson found that alginate—a natural fiber found in sea kelp—was able to reduce fat intake by approximately 75 percent, which is more competitive than the majority of over-the-counter anti-obesity treatments.

"This suggests that if we can add the natural fiber to products commonly eaten daily—such as bread, biscuits and yogurts—up to three quarters of the fat contained in that meal could simply pass through the body," said Brownlee.

The next step for the research team is to conduct clinical trials to see how effective alginate is when eaten as part of a normal diet. In addition to weight management, adding seaweed to food has been proven to boost fiber content and overall digestive health.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Seaweed Fibers May Help Combat Obesity
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2010, 10:27:17 PM »
If it's safe then I'd love to see it as a food additive in cake mixes.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2010, 09:24:57 AM »

Lots of fibery foods.
I eat a good amount of vegetables and fruits and I have no problems with my internals.
I used to eat a lot of meat and rice. The problem is that when you're dry, it just stays there for days. When you're wet, you simply cannot control it.
Nice thing about fiber is that you can really take some abuse. Almost eat whatever you want. And it dosen't stink as much - mainly because it just hasn't been there long enough - for me, not longer than just 12 hours.

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2010, 09:27:34 AM »

People looking to build a mass movement? Try fiber.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2010, 09:40:31 AM »

People looking to build a mass movement? Try fiber.

I think by that definition, several of our enemies, i.e. Pedofront, Feces Now, and GayStreet, are already a "mass movement".

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2010, 02:42:00 PM »

I get the first two.
Now what is gaystreet?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2010, 02:47:09 PM »

I get the first two.
Now what is gaystreet?

Maybe J-Street?

[you know the anti-israel, anti-Jewish supposed Jewish organization]

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14