Author Topic: Obama to destroy our oceans, Florida drilling begins soon.  (Read 1042 times)

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
Obama to destroy our oceans, Florida drilling begins soon.
« on: April 02, 2010, 03:51:52 PM »
I'm not a extremeist environmentalist but Obama appears to be budging to oil companies to begin drilling (and many of them are foreign mind you!) in the Gulf Of Mexico which will not only destroy the marine environment, but also ruin the water and the beaches. Florida thrives off the beach and tourist industry and it's a big part of life here where I live. It's not about needs or necessities but I do appreciate the environment and don't believe in completely trashing it to make profits, there are few areas in the US that haven't been ruined by industry (and anyone in the south knows about the industry and it's strong ties to the north).

Simply put, I believe as a Jew that Tikkun olam is important. Leave the world a better place before you leave it.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2010/03/florida-oil-drilling-said-to-be-on-the-table.html

Florida oil drilling said to be on the table
President Obama and Interior Secretary Ken Salazar will unveil the administration's plans for oil and gas drilling this morning and reports suggests exploration in the Gulf of Mexico 125 miles off Florida's coast are in the mix.

The New York Times says "the eastern Gulf of Mexico tract that would be offered for lease is adjacent to an area that already contains thousands of wells and hundreds of drilling platforms. The eastern Gulf area is believed to contain as much as 3.5 billion barrels of oil and 17 trillion cubic feet of gas, the richest single tract that would be open to drilling under the Obama plan.
"Drilling there has been strongly opposed by officials from both political parties in Alabama and Florida who fear damage to coastlines, fisheries, popular beaches and wildlife. Interior Department officials said no wells would be allowed within 125 miles of the Florida and Alabama coasts, making them invisible from shore."

Obama is hoping to get support for a climate change bill but 10 coastal state Democrats -- including Florida's Bill Nelson who has vehemently opposed oil drilling -- say they won't support a big expansion of drilling.

Read more: http://miamiherald.typepad.com/nakedpolitics/2010/03/florida-oil-drilling-said-to-be-on-the-table.html#ixzz0jyp9XGHp

how can anyone not appreciate this?

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
Re: Obama to destroy our oceans, Florida drilling begins soon.
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2010, 03:54:19 PM »
I live in this state. One of the things I love to is to go to the beach and enjoy life. Now some trash will take this away from me!!
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2010, 03:58:09 PM »
I live in this state. One of the things I love to is to go to the beach and enjoy life. Now some trash will take this away from me!!

Then you know and understand what I am talking about, ocean life is a big part of life in Florida. Many of us like to go after work to the beach, I personally enjoy fishing and scuba diving and I won't go near new orleans because the ocean there is so polluted

our water supply is limited on earth, when I was in Indiana living near lake michigan, I was amazed at how many factories were dumping pollution in one of the few fresh water supplies in the world and smoke stacks all over the place.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2010, 04:05:27 PM »
Here is more information from this site

http://www.protectfloridasbeaches.org/

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2010, 04:34:00 PM »
I support drilling. It is the only thing I believe which will save this country from being subjugated by the dirty arabs. Of course we should be investing and developing cleaner fuels, but for the short term this is essential.

I dont think it will have that bad of an effect on the environment.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2010, 04:47:21 PM »
I support drilling. It is the only thing I believe which will save this country from being subjugated by the dirty arabs. Of course we should be investing and developing cleaner fuels, but for the short term this is essential.

I dont think it will have that bad of an effect on the environment.

Muman certainly everyone is entitled to their opinions, but have you seen the damage from oil spills? Everything in the west gulf with the exception of Mexico is a mess. Texas, New Orleans and Mississippi are nasty and ruined. Alabama and Florida are ok because they are in the eastern Gulf and there hasn't really been prevalent drilling here, but there is a huge dome in the gulf of mexico with massive amount of oil and literally every foreign company you can think of will come here to drill and it's going to literally destroy everything here. We would be better off investing money into new fuels like hydrogen.

Offline serbian army

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: April 03, 2010, 06:42:25 PM »

Then you know and understand what I am talking about, ocean life is a big part of life in Florida. Many of us like to go after work to the beach, I personally enjoy fishing and scuba diving and I won't go near new orleans because the ocean there is so polluted

our water supply is limited on earth, when I was in Indiana living near lake michigan, I was amazed at how many factories were dumping pollution in one of the few fresh water supplies in the world and smoke stacks all over the place.
Of course I do understand. When I was a kid my father was taking me to swimming lessons and at age of six I became champion swimmer in capital city of Croatia-Zagreb. That explains my genuine love for the water. Moreover, my father was born in village through which two rivers Sava and Drina run. I moved to beautiful Florida at age of 14 and fell in love with its nature and surrounding ocean.
It is outrage to destroy nature this way. I will sign petitions, vote for candidates that do not support this, or get involved in demonstrations. This plan must be stopped now!!
Serbia will never surrender Kosovo to the breakaway province's ethnic Albanian majority or trade its territory for European Union or NATO membership,

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: April 03, 2010, 06:50:57 PM »
I have not followed the story in detail but I thought Obama only opened drilling off Virginia.  Also while I consider myself a reasonable environmentalist I do support drilling in most areas.  As others have pointed out, the more oil we can develop the lower the international price for oil and the less money going into the hands of the Arab Muslim Nazis.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: April 03, 2010, 07:10:36 PM »
I support any and all efforts to make the U.S.A. energy independent.

That being the case, I have a question for all readers:

In a time of "supra-national" corporations which (a) have no national allegiances and (b) operate strictly on "the bottom line" principle, what legal controls are in place to prevent those corporations doing the drilling from selling all new energy produced to foreign nations who are willing to pay higher prices for ever larger energy supplies?

The primary reason that the big petroleum/gas corporations have lobbied for years for "off-shore" drilling, is because they have looked forward to the immense profits to be earned in selling all of that which they discover on the international "open market".  Only their own corporate profits have motivated them.  If the U.S.A. were to disappear tomorrow, most of the petroleum/gas industry CEOs wouldn't even notice.

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2010, 08:20:05 PM »
It's still not going to lower prices, we're going to pay the same amount and only the corporations will profit from this, what's to prevent arabs from drilling in the gulf and making money off this? The Chinese already do this, I don't understand how anyone can support the drilling.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: April 03, 2010, 09:13:45 PM »
I don't know why we don't march into the sand-negro states and just seize their oil from them. Oh, I forgot, we have a sand negro president.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: April 03, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »
I don't know why we don't march into the sand-negro states and just seize their oil from them. Oh, I forgot, we have a sand negro president.
Like any of the White Presidents were willing to do that.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: April 03, 2010, 10:32:35 PM »
I support any and all efforts to make the U.S.A. energy independent.

That being the case, I have a question for all readers:

In a time of "supra-national" corporations which (a) have no national allegiances and (b) operate strictly on "the bottom line" principle, what legal controls are in place to prevent those corporations doing the drilling from selling all new energy produced to foreign nations who are willing to pay higher prices for ever larger energy supplies?

The primary reason that the big petroleum/gas corporations have lobbied for years for "off-shore" drilling, is because they have looked forward to the immense profits to be earned in selling all of that which they discover on the international "open market".  Only their own corporate profits have motivated them.  If the U.S.A. were to disappear tomorrow, most of the petroleum/gas industry CEOs wouldn't even notice.

Oil is fungible and will be sold where the demand is.  The market is truly international.  If it is sold to Japanese, Chinese, Indians etc. they will buy less from the Arabs which is a good thing.  Given the proximity of these areas to the USA there is not much reason for it  to be sold outside the USA although even if it is it is still a good thing.