Author Topic: Yellow roses = support for Israel  (Read 1903 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Yellow roses = support for Israel
« on: April 10, 2010, 08:00:15 PM »
http://www.onenewsnow.com/Culture/Default.aspx?id=964312

A pro-family leader is outraged over the Obama administration's treatment of Israel, so she is spearheading a campaign for Americans to show their support for the Jewish state.

As reported on OneNewsNow, the Israeli government has been under fire from the Obama administration for moving forward with plans to build apartments for Jewish residents in east Jerusalem. President Obama reportedly walked out of a recent meeting at the White House with Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu, asking the Israeli leader to remain alone and reconsider his negotiation stance or get out.

Janet Porter, president and founder of Faith2Action, is among those angered by Obama's treatment of the prime minister.

Janet Porter"What was his offense? Did he embrace terrorists? Did he fund terrorists? Did he declare jihad against America or call us the great Satan?" Porter wonders. "Oh no, no. Those are the people that the president smiles and has lovely photo ops with -- the enemies of freedom. All [Israel] did was say they want to build houses for their people on their own land."

The Christian activist has devised a unique way for ordinary Americans to show their support for Netanyahu and the people of Israel.

"It occurred to me that the symbol of friendship is a yellow rose," she explains. "So I said, 'Let's see about sending him a dozen roses.' I called a florist in Jerusalem, and he actually was able to deliver these dozen roses for a symbolic price of just $19.48 -- the year that Israel became an independent nation again."

Porter reports that since the Israel Friendship Project was launched, more than 13,000 roses have been delivered to Jerusalem with messages of encouragement for the prime minister.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline ~Hanna~

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Be a light in the darkness.......
Re: Yellow roses = support for Israel
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2010, 09:39:02 PM »
Oh, this is a very good idea.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: Yellow roses = support for Israel
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 06:45:57 PM »
I love this idea too.   Israel has alot of support in spite of her enemies!!!!!!