Author Topic: AL-QAEDA VOWS TO BOMB WORLD CUP... IN SOUTH AFRICA!  (Read 692 times)

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
AL-QAEDA VOWS TO BOMB WORLD CUP... IN SOUTH AFRICA!
« on: April 11, 2010, 12:01:58 PM »
AL-QAEDA have vowed to bomb the World Cup - with England players top of their hitlist. Only second to the US Team, of course.
The terror group pledged to target the match between England and the USA in South Africa in June, warning "hundreds" of fans could die.

A branch of al-Qaeda which last year killed British hostage Edwin Dyer, 61, in Mali made the threats.

They also vowed to target resorts, hotels and car parks used by supporters during the tournament. And they claimed explosive devices which cannot be detected by security scans would be used.

The threats appear on al-Qaeda-linked websites. A statement said: "How beautiful would the game between England and the USA be when broadcast live from a stadium full of spectators - when the sound of an explosion rumbles through the stands. The resulting death toll is in the dozens and hundreds - Allah willing."

Security around England stars such as Frank Lampard is likely to be stepped up as they play in Cape Town and other cities.

The threats from al-Qaeda's North African network were last night being taken seriously by terror experts.

Neil Doyle said: "They have a track record for violence."

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/2926941/Al-Qaeda-threaten-to-bomb-the-World-Cup.html

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
Re: AL-QAEDA VOWS TO BOMB WORLD CUP... IN SOUTH AFRICA!
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2010, 12:37:48 PM »
This to me is a concern as I know quite a few people planinng on traveling out there...to the desolate place they call South Africa!
Al-Qaeda will have a filed day is they choose to attack as the security there will be porous at best and corruption is rampant.
The World Cup which is held every 4 years has the Biggest Audience and Most Reconginition out of all sporting events held anywhere at anytime.
It's the Perfect Venue for the Islamists to create another 9/11.G-d forbid!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2010, 05:16:35 PM »
I'd be more worried about the blacks in South Africa raping and murdering World Cup tourists than I would about Al-Qaeda, but I do think this threat should be taken very seriously.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2010, 07:58:15 PM »
Out of all the places in the world why would they pick South Africa to host the World Cup?

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Historical Truth

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2010, 08:51:09 PM »
Out of all the places in the world why would they pick South Africa to host the World Cup?

Two words: Nelson Mandela.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2010, 06:38:36 PM »

Two words: Nelson Mandela.

That's not surprising. He hosted the Special Olympics World Games in Ireland I was there.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision