Author Topic: I just had a census visit from someone who does not speak Engish  (Read 1270 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
   A woman came to my door yacking in Spanish. When I told her I do not speak Spanish, she tried to speak English and then handed me a sorry I missed you form and left. What a wasteful thing for the government to do.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
Re: I just had a census visit from someone who does not speak Engish
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2010, 06:17:09 PM »
 :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2010, 08:53:03 PM »
Where is this Mexifornia?
Mexizona?

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2010, 10:10:34 PM »
Diversity in action.

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
Perhaps it's because many people who did not respond to the census are non-English speaking people. So then it would only make sense to send non-English speaking census takers after them :)  That's just a shot in the dark. But seriously, it's very important for the non-English speaking people to fill it out and return it so the government can figure out just how many ESL teachers it needs to hire!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: May 04, 2010, 03:42:37 PM »
Perhaps it's because many people who did not respond to the census are non-English speaking people. So then it would only make sense to send non-English speaking census takers after them :)  That's just a shot in the dark. But seriously, it's very important for the non-English speaking people to fill it out and return it so the government can figure out just how many ESL teachers it needs to hire!

I don't want them to learn English because I don't want them to assimilate. I want them to go home.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: May 04, 2010, 05:33:58 PM »
English should be the first language for children going to school... Taxpayer money should not be spent on teachers to teach in other languages second or otherwise. Instead of American students learning from a teacher who has good diction they put teachers in the class who speak with a foreign lilt. This is why even some American children with teachers like this speak like they grew up in Spanish Harlem.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 04, 2010, 05:58:55 PM »
How many times do you make a call (say, to a company) and then, when it's automatically answered, you're asked to "press "1" if you speak English."  This is what it's come to now.  Why should I have to press "1" for English in my own English-speaking country???   >:(

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2010, 06:00:05 AM »
   And don't forget all the other languages out there. Why should Spanish have the benefit of being on all sorts of government and corporate forms and phone systems? At least if a company wants to be multilingual, they could support other languages. Of course I hate hate when I buy something with complicated instructions and they are difficult to read because they are in 6 different languages.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: May 05, 2010, 06:33:39 AM »
These days I went to the city hall of my city here in Germany. A friend of mine had to renew her residence permit. I was surprisde to see the corridors of the authority. I counted the number of languages written on the signs. I counted 45!!! Honestly, 45! What for? I always thought our official language was German. I got used to see all public signs in the street written in German, English, French (until here it is also for tourist porposes, thus okay), Turkish (sometimes also Kurdish), Polish, Russian, Italian, Arab and Greek. But 45 languages is an exaggeration. When I asked the servant what this was for, she said "well 45 is still not enough, we have listed people from 180 countries - this does not even include some regional languages." There are translators available for most of the languages - logically for FREE!  :o
Please tell me now how the heck they will ever integrate into the society if they have no need to speak the official language? Why is it necessary to consider every language of all the immigrants' countries? It is like being in Babylon. Multi-language signs can be placed in public for tourists and in tourist areas other than that I still expect an emigrant to learn the language of the host country he/she plans to go to before emigration. At least I would not want to live in a place without knowing the official language.
Hispanics in the USA are the same as the Turks and Arabs in Europe: They do not want to learn the language out of a supremacist feeling or simply hatred for the host nation and do not even let their children learn it. Then the children go to school without knowing the basics to be able to learn. They fail to get their diplomas and make their "carees" as unemployed criminals, living from social welfare paid by the tax paying idiots who get some miserable coins if one day they depend on social welfare themselves. Then instigating and mocking the natives as idiots, suckers and whatsoever. Complaining about "discrimination" and viewing it as their "right" to mug and steal from the "discriminators" - thus causing even more hatred and rejection by the natives.
And there is only one way to break the spiral: deportation!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #10 on: May 05, 2010, 08:02:24 AM »
I don't believe that any Western nation should allow third world immigrants in, much less accommodate them with multi-language signs.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 05, 2010, 08:10:08 AM »
I don't believe that any Western nation should allow third world immigrants in, much less accommodate them with multi-language signs.
Much less give them jobs where they need to know the ENGLISH language.  What a colossal fraud the census has become.  They should just go ahead and falsify the results.  Why waste money on the whole charade of a census.
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 05, 2010, 08:12:21 AM »
Much less give them jobs where they need to know the ENGLISH language.  What a colossal fraud the census has become.  They should just go ahead and falsify the results.  Why waste money on the whole charade of a census.

Most of what the government does is a big waste of money.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 05, 2010, 10:30:07 AM »
How many times do you make a call (say, to a company) and then, when it's automatically answered, you're asked to "press "1" if you speak English."  This is what it's come to now.  Why should I have to press "1" for English in my own English-speaking country???   >:(

That's not even the worst part. Even worse is when you press "1" for English and then get someone who speaks such broken English that you can't even understand them.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 05, 2010, 10:58:36 AM »

That's not even the worst part. Even worse is when you press "1" for English and then get someone who speaks such broken English that you can't even understand them.

I have that problem a lot when I call stores to ask if they have something in stock. Most of the time I just go in and look for myself but sometimes it makes more sense to know which store I need to go to first.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 05, 2010, 07:35:19 PM »
The constitution calls for the government to take a census every 10 years, but where does it call for them to ask people their race?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #16 on: May 05, 2010, 07:48:46 PM »
The constitution calls for the government to take a census every 10 years, but where does it call for them to ask people their race?

I was very, very surprised how much the census wanted to know racial information..

There was a whole question which wanted to know if any Hispanics lived in my house... Then they asked if I was Negro, African American, Samoan, Fillipino, etc.... My race did not appear on the form at all...

I did not want to answer those questions at all... The purpose of the census is to determine how many American citizens reside in a state... It should not matter the least what race they are...

There is something rotten about the latest census form... Something very very rotten...

PS: My census goon arrived promptly after Shabbat ended last Saturday... I almost wanted to tell him to come back so I could finish Havdalah, but I finished it quickly and answered his buggering questions...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 05, 2010, 08:19:39 PM »
I was outside just before it got dark and a census taker was looking for an address he had to follow up on. He was a normal white guy about 30 years of age. He said that the thing he has to follow up on mostly is when the name shows up on the census form more than once which usually ends up being Grandpa, Pop, and Jr. all with the same name. He also said that if the people don't send in a form they will be getting a visit. At least they sent in someone that fits into the neighborhood to some extent. The people he was looking for did not answer the door.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years