Author Topic: Five Years Later: Gaza’s Former Jewish Settlers  (Read 481 times)

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Five Years Later: Gaza’s Former Jewish Settlers
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2010, 03:24:30 AM »
http://www.jewishtimes.com/index.php/jewishtimes/news/jt/cover_story/five_years_later_gazas_former_jewish_settlers/18396

A JTF person should write into the Jewish Times.

That's a great idea, and they should include promotion of the "Amona response" method as an alternative and future strategy when they write.

I have great respect for this woman and I resent the evil trauma she and her family (and all the expellees) were put through by the Israeli govt.    On the same token, her quote here reflects the failed approach to these matters that characterized the Gush Katif people and ensured their expulsion would succeed as planned.

She says, “I had packed nothing, because I felt I had to give God a little more time to change His mind.”

As much as it is important to have faith as this woman surely does, we cannot rely on miracles, and with this statement she shows that the overall approach of the people of Gush Katif left her with no other option.  They did not plan practical measures of resistance to stifle the expulsion forces, and they hoped that somehow they would "convince" their "brothers" not to do it.   Because of this foolhardy approach, many people like Mrs. Tucker were left with no recourse other than praying and hoping for a miracle!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2010, 03:32:25 AM »
Also, I must say that I found the interaction with the crying soldiers fleeing from the bedroom to be very troubling.  I think she completely misinterprets what happened there.   Of course normal people don't want to throw their own countrymen out of their homes.   But that the soldiers were put through this emotional test and broke down reflects what psychologists reported on after the Lebanon war of 2006 - The scientific evidence shows that this event - the expulsion from gaza - shook the morale of the army and negatively impacted its performance against Lebanon in the 2006 war!     That the soldiers were forced to carry out this suicidal fratricidal mission put the entire country at risk!   Not only for rockets from gaza, the very obvious risk, but it hampered the performance in battle of these very soldiers.    I think the episode of crying soldiers running from the bedroom with nothing to say is indicative of why.

That is also where she goes wrong with this quote from the article:
"It was at that moment, Ms. Tucker says, that she “knew we still had a State of Israel, that perhaps we had a lot of work to do, to find a way of communicating better. But there was a little flame lit in these soldiers.” "

It was not the soldiers that decided to come and expel Ms. Tucker or the Gush Katif residents.  They didn't need to much convincing that this was a crime against humanity.   It was the Israeli govt who did so, and it is the Israeli govt who "is" the State of Israel.   Unless there is regime-change, we do not have a State of Israel, and that is evidenced by the fact that the regime sent in these soldiers to throw these people out!

What is also disconcerting is that even though the soldiers implicitly knew what they were doing was wrong, they put the instructions of the commanding officer over morality, and they felt compelled to do it anyway, in spite of convictions or conscience.   This reflects that not only the "state" but also its inhabitants, represented by the soldiers, have become rotten to the core by the regime and its teachings because the basic fiber of morality of the people (much like that of the "rule of law gang" who control the regime) has been corroded to an underdeveloped state of "rule of law" immaturity - an idolatrous impediment to societal health.
« Last Edit: May 05, 2010, 03:44:12 AM by Kahane-Was-Right BT »

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2010, 11:34:47 AM »
We shall never forget the Nazi ethnic cleansing of the Gazan Judeans by the evil Adolf Sharon.

Offline Baltimore

• Director Of Public Relations
  • Pro JTFer
« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2010, 12:22:00 PM »
Kahane-Was-Right BT, excellent analysis of the article. I do like that the article at least shows non-religious Jews the treachery that went on back in 2005.  The Jewish Times does publish letters to the editor. You can email them here:
http://www.jewishtimes.com/index.php/jewishtimes/forms/letter/