Born-Again Protestant
Catholic
Other type of Christian
Stinky Muslim
Buddhist/Hinud/other Far Eastern Religion
Noahide
"I don't believe in religions"
Other

Author Topic: What is everyone's religion? Poll  (Read 15415 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Re: What is everyone's religion? Poll
« Reply #25 on: May 11, 2007, 07:42:21 AM »
You should have put the Samartians who are infact the lost tribes of Israel not the Anglo-baffoons, or the Negro-bafoons. I think their a Jewish sect just my two cents
But there are so few Samartians i doubt any ever heard of JTF.
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2007, 03:10:10 AM »
Its not "hinud" its hindu

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2007, 07:43:30 AM »
Its not "hinud" its hindu

thank you for catching that Ashish, sorry for the mispselling..I take it you are Hendi.. :)
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Tzvi Ben Roshel1

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: May 14, 2007, 12:12:33 AM »
Sefardic and Mizrahi are the same. (and they(we) are all Orthodox)
The Academy of Elijah taught, whoever studies the laws (of the Torah) every day, (he) is guaranteed to have a share in the World to Come.

‏119:139 צִמְּתַתְנִי קִנְאָתִי כִּישָׁכְחוּ דְבָרֶיךָ צָרָי
My zeal incenses me, for my adversaries have forgotten Your words.
‏119:141 צָעִיר אָנֹכִי וְנִבְזֶה פִּקֻּדֶיךָ, לֹא שָׁכָחְתִּי.
 I am young and despised; I have not forgotten Your precepts.

" A fool does not realize, and an unwise person does not understand this (i.e. the following:) When the wicked bloom like grass, and the evildoers blossom (i.e. when they seem extremly successful), it is to destroy them forever (i.e. they are rewarded for their few good deeds in this World, and they will have no portion in the World to Come!)

Please visit: (The Greatest lectures on Earth).
http://torahanytime.com/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Yossi_Mizrachi/
http://www.torahanytime.com/Rabbi/Zecharia_Wallerstein/

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #29 on: May 14, 2007, 12:30:58 AM »
OK, I'm confused, probably by my own ignorance.

Hassidic and Lubovitch are both "Orthodox" Judaism, right?

pardon my ignorance, you are right...what I meant by Hassidic was non-Lubavitch Hassidic Jew

Which is Chabad? 

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #30 on: May 14, 2007, 12:41:25 AM »
OK, I'm confused, probably by my own ignorance.

Hassidic and Lubovitch are both "Orthodox" Judaism, right?

pardon my ignorance, you are right...what I meant by Hassidic was non-Lubavitch Hassidic Jew

Which is Chabad? 

Chabad I believe is Lubovitch.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #31 on: May 14, 2007, 12:45:07 AM »
Which is Chabad?

http://www.chabad.org

They are Orthodox but they believe that Torah should be lived with simcha (joy) and have some esoteric foundations. I listened to some tapes (the first 34 of them) called "Introducing the Principles of Chabad Chassidic Philosophy" by Rabbi Shlomo Majeski and they were terrific and very profound.

If I remember correctly, Feldheim and ArtScroll are both Chabad.
« Last Edit: May 14, 2007, 12:47:37 AM by jeffguy »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #32 on: May 14, 2007, 12:51:28 AM »
Surprising! If you don't mind saying, who in here is Buddhist or Hindu? There are 2 votes there.

Buddhist's are good people... lots of righteous gentiles there. I don't know enough about Hinduism to sound intelligent on the matter.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline RationalThought110

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #33 on: May 14, 2007, 01:03:08 AM »
Which is Chabad?

http://www.chabad.org

They are Orthodox but they believe that Torah should be lived with simcha (joy) and have some esoteric foundations. I listened to some tapes (the first 34 of them) called "Introducing the Principles of Chabad Chassidic Philosophy" by Rabbi Shlomo Majeski and they were terrific and very profound.

If I remember correctly, Feldheim and ArtScroll are both Chabad.

What's the difference between Hasidic and Lubovitch? 

What do you mean by ArtScroll?

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #34 on: May 14, 2007, 01:55:59 AM »
i am hindu.Hindus are peace loving people too :P

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #35 on: May 14, 2007, 03:17:25 AM »

Welcome ASHISH! I see you are new and I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

I am so glad to see you joining in with us too. This is very good.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #36 on: May 14, 2007, 08:10:52 AM »

Welcome ASHISH! I see you are new and I'd like to welcome you to the forum.

I am so glad to see you joining in with us too. This is very good.

Tell your friends...Come again  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D... You know we love you.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #37 on: May 15, 2007, 12:57:54 PM »
You may be a peace loving person and so may your fellow hindu communities ashish and i welcome you to this forum.....but why the hell are you a hindu? I'm just honestly asking because maybe you could explain the religions wisdom beyond the idol worshipping.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #38 on: May 15, 2007, 10:25:07 PM »
You may be a peace loving person and so may your fellow hindu communities ashish and i welcome you to this forum.....but why the hell are you a hindu? I'm just honestly asking because maybe you could explain the religions wisdom beyond the idol worshipping.

and i suspect you are a ****** muslim >:(.Do you have problem with hindus?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 12:10:26 AM by jeffguy »

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #39 on: May 15, 2007, 10:27:53 PM »

and i suspect you are a [censored] muslim >:(.Do you have problem with hindus?

hey hey hey hey...no cursing on this forum.. Engage in an intellectual discussion and answer her question or refute as kindly as she asked. 

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #40 on: May 15, 2007, 10:32:54 PM »
My problem why does she consider her religion superior to others like muslims.I have seen jews praying in front of wall did i say anything?I respect all religion(except islam).

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #41 on: May 15, 2007, 10:44:44 PM »
My problem why does she consider her religion superior to others like muslims.I have seen jews praying in front of wall did i say anything?I respect all religion(except islam).

When did she consider her religion to be superior?  The way i see it is that she wanted to understand how you viewed hinduism and a visible figure of god.

I personally believe that whatever works for you in worship works for you just as what I do works for me and what works for sarah works for her.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #42 on: May 15, 2007, 10:48:11 PM »
DANNY these lines "I'm just honestly asking because maybe you could explain the religions wisdom beyond the idol worshipping"  are used by muslims against hindus that we live in dark ages because we are idol worshipers so i thought she was a muslim.

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #43 on: May 15, 2007, 10:51:04 PM »
I personally believe that whatever works for you in worship works for you just as what I do works for me and what works for sarah works for her.

If Sarah is still a Muslim, then what works for her doesn't work for us - because we're not Muslims, and Islam is the religion of intolerance.

Hinduism, on the other hand, is a supremely tolerant religion.

And, yes, Sarah did step out of line. Ashish is a new poster and right away she's asking him "what the hell" he worships "idols" for.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #44 on: May 15, 2007, 10:56:19 PM »
DANNY these lines "I'm just honestly asking because maybe you could explain the religions wisdom beyond the idol worshipping"  are used by muslims against hindus that we live in dark ages because we are idol worshipers so i thought she was a muslim.

I apologize..i didn't read into the comment that Sarah made and look at it that way...You can just say that insults sometimes bounce off of me rather than get to me...but I am sorry..i didn't know she was doing that. Please resume your ranting..sorry i got in the middle.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #45 on: May 15, 2007, 10:57:15 PM »
Sarah ran away she was trying to cause rift between hindus and jews these are characteristics of muslim ;D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #46 on: May 15, 2007, 10:59:37 PM »
Sarah ran away she was trying to cause rift between hindus and jews these are characteristics of muslim ;D

Sarah has never seemed to me to be teh typical Muslim poster since she herself is anti-muslim.  If what she said was meant to do what you claim, then there is a bit of Muslim still in her.

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #47 on: May 16, 2007, 12:08:26 AM »
Sarah is a Noahide, not a Muslim.

I don't know about a Noahide. I personally think that she's just a very confused young woman, as she has every right to be given her circumstances, and given this crazy, mixed-up world.

One of our posters recently mentioned that he's from the Lake District in Britain. The Lake District is famous as the home of William Wordsworth. Wordsworth, unlike Fruit, was a real poet, who once said that "the world is too much with us."

Despite tonight's tiff and her apparent retreat, I hope that Sarah won't be gone for long.

Offline Sarah

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #48 on: May 16, 2007, 12:13:30 PM »
I didn't retreat! :D Nor did i mean to start an arguement, i'm sorry ashish if i offended you. I just can't come to terms with any polytheistic religion and was asking how you could possibly believe in one as such.

I'm not a muslim. I maybe confused but im not a muslim and like Yacov said im a noachide.

Offline ASHISH

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #49 on: May 16, 2007, 07:01:59 PM »
Ok sarah no need to comment on others religion.You like judaism fine but dont hate other religion like christanity,hinduism,buddhism  etc.You see this the diffrence between non muslims and muslims.We are tolerant and they are not i can go anywhere and pray to any god because i know god is everywhere.The blood of muslims boil when they see a temple or a church dont become like them and respect all religion