Author Topic: A Frivolous Observavation  (Read 988 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
A Frivolous Observavation
« on: May 14, 2010, 05:14:30 PM »
First off, let me just say that I never watch television.  I HATE reality shows.  I just think they're for idiots.  I mean, why should I care about Kate Gosselin and those floozy Kardashian sisters? 

However, my sister does watch television.  So I just couldn't help but catch snippets of the show "Dancing With the Stars."  Have any of you seen that show?  From what I've read in some fashion magazines, the female contestants always end up losing weight while doing the show, since they spend so much time training and rehearsing for their dance routines. 

But there was one contestant on the show named Niecy Nash who gained weight.   Perhaps you all know of her?  If not, Google her.  This woman, who is at least 50 pounds overweight bragged about how much junk she would eat while rehearsing for her dance routine.  She would be like, "Oh I had a cheeseburger and a milk shake."

The reason I bring this up is because I notice a trend here.  If it's a white actress or television personality who happens to gain ten pounds, the media skewers her and calls her fat.  They did that to Jennifer Love Hewitt, who was a mere size 4 at the time, when they showed unflattering pictures of her in a bathing suit.  They did the same thing to Jessica Simpson. 

But if it's a black/minority woman, the media euphemistically refers to her fat as "curves."  Look at Jennifer Lopez.  She *might* be pretty if she would only dress more modestly.  But in all her photos, she looks like an overweight, overdressed cleaning lady with a fat rear end.  And I have yet to ever read, or hear any media person say she's heavy, whereas they would destroy a white woman half Ms. Lopez's size. 

And let's not forget Michelle Obama.  All you hear and read about is how beautiful she is!  Puh-leeze!!!!!  If there was a white, conservative First Lady with that figure, you can be sure the media would call her fat!

What do you guys think? 

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: A Frivolous Observavation
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2010, 05:18:49 PM »
You made a very good point Lisa, and I agree with you. White women are unfairly targeted, but even more dramatic is how white men are often portrayed as completely stupid and even effeminate. By the way your describing Jennifer Lopez as looking like a cleaning lady made me laugh so much!  :::D

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2010, 05:40:59 PM »
Let evil schwatzas and other evil people go ahead and be proud of gaining weight. They will die a lot faster from all kinds heart diseases and diabetes and cancer.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2010, 05:41:20 PM »
Thanks Rubystars!

I also agree with you regarding how white men are portrayed as stupid buffoons, whereas their wives are portrayed as superior, all knowing individuals.  

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2010, 05:43:18 PM »
Dr. Dan, I agree with you about letting evil schvartzas eat as unhealthily as they like. 

What I object to is how their fat women are portrayed by the media as sexy and curvaceous, whereas white women half their size are criticized for gaining ten pounds. 

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2010, 05:51:02 PM »
And there's something else I would like to add. 

I've noticed from passing newsstands that tabloids love to point to white women (with arch backs, or who are wearing baggy clothes) and ask if they're pregnant.  They've done it to Angelina Jolie, who is a stick, to Prince William's girlfriend Kate Middleton, and to Eva Longoria, who merely went from a size 00 to a less toned 0. 

I have never seen any cover story asking if some famous black woman is pregnant.

Offline arksis

• Master JTFer
  • Dawn
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2010, 07:39:11 PM »
LOL Lisa, you are making me laugh so hard! I'm with you on the reality shows, I hate them too and I blame it on Hollywood that can't even write good shows anymore, same goes for movies. I can't remember the last time I watched a recent movie. And if there IS a new movie, it's a remake! The only thing I can think of, as to WHY things are never said against black women, is because of the RACIST word, why else? This country has become so politically correct that it makes me sick anymore.
---Never, ever deal with terrorists. Hunt them down and, more important, mercilessly punish those states and groups that fund, arm, support, or simply allow their territories to be used by the terrorists with impunity.
Meir Kahane

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2010, 08:05:18 PM »
Shvartza women by nature have an average weight of 360 pounds or more.A petite size dress for shvatzas starts at size 92
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03