Author Topic: War Against Ronald McDonald : Save the Clown!  (Read 2635 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
War Against Ronald McDonald : Save the Clown!
« on: May 21, 2010, 03:01:53 PM »
"Ronald McDonald IS A FORCE FOR GOOD!"

http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2010/05/21/ronald-mcdonald-force-good/?test=latestnews

CEO Calls Ronald McDonald a "Force for Good"
McDonald's says its company clown isn't going anywhere, despite calls for his retirement.

CHICAGO - Retire Ronald McDonald? No way.

That's the message McDonald's Corp.'s CEO Jim Skinner gave Thursday to the red-haired clown's critics who say the cartoon promotes unhealthy eating and should go the way of the Marlboro Man and Joe Camel.

"The answer is no," Skinner told a room full of shareholders who gathered for a meeting at the company's headquarters in the Chicago suburb of Oak Brook, Ill.

"He is a force for good," Skinner said, adding that the nearly 50-year-old clown is an ambassador for the McDonald's brand and its Ronald McDonald House Charities. "He communicates effectively with children and families around balanced, active lifestyles. He does not hawk food."

Shareholders applauded Skinner. And they unleashed a chorus of boos when representatives from the advocacy group Corporate Accountability International requested the famous icon be shelved — for good.

"Ronald McDonald is a pied piper drawing youngsters all over the world to food that is high in fat, sodium and calories," said Alfred David Klinger, a retired Chicago physician who volunteers with the organization. "On the surface, Ronald is there to give children enjoyment in all sorts of way with toys, games and food. But Ronald McDonald is dangerous, sending insidious messages to young people."

The Boston organization, which calls itself a nonprofit corporate watchdog, has spent the past two months mounting a "Retire Ronald" campaign.

So far it has received support from about 10,000 people, said senior organizer Deborah Lapidus.

NO HAPPY MEAL FOR YOU!
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: War Against Ronald McDonald : Save the Clown!
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2010, 03:14:07 PM »
Look up the Ronald McDonald House Charities.
Ronald McDonald does do good.

http://rmhc.org/
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2010, 03:32:49 PM »
McDonalds builds an adult-sized playground!?!

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2010, 03:33:31 PM »
Just slap some obnoxiously large jewelery, negro ghetto clothing and dreadlocks on him and liberals will love Ronald again. Or should I say Ro-Ro McDizzle.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2010, 03:42:11 PM »
Just slap some obnoxiously large jewelery, negro ghetto clothing and dreadlocks on him and liberals will love Ronald again. Or should I say Ro-Ro McDizzle.

Ro-Ro McDizzle, thats phat! Shizzle Me Nizzle...

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2010, 03:45:37 PM »
I'm actually stunned they never "updated" him in the past 30 years. He's still wearing the same funny clown clothing and big shoes. It's nice that some things stay the same.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2010, 04:28:43 PM »
Yeah, can't say the same thing for the Old Burger King... I remember the old days when the Burger King was beneficent and children looked up to him. But the company decided to sleaze up the poor old king...

Look at what they did to him:

Burger King Sells Out

The Burger King now sells a fragrance called "Flame" which supposedly smells like the BK's flame broiled burgers... What drek!!!

http://www.usatoday.com/money/advertising/2008-12-18-burger-king-spray_N.htm
NEW YORK (AP) — Looking to beef up your mojo this holiday season?

Burger King (BKC) may have just the thing. The home of the Whopper has launched a men's body spray called "Flame." The company describes the spray as "the scent of seduction with a hint of flame-broiled meat."

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2010, 04:39:58 PM »
Has anyone ever seen Ronald McDonald eat or drink anything?
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2010, 05:26:49 PM »
My favorite character was Grimace. At least he reminds you what will happen if you eat too much McDonalds, you'll look like him.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2010, 07:28:43 PM »
Eh, Ronald ****Donald seems like a lecherous pervert to me. He just creeps me out, and he helps sell kids on disgustingly gross fast "food".

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2010, 08:30:31 PM »
I don't know why anyone would want to eat at McDonald's. The food there is nasty!

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2010, 08:31:52 PM »
I don't know why anyone would want to eat at McDonald's. The food there is nasty!

If you can call it "food". I wouldn't wish SickyD's on Charles Manson (yimach schmo) himself.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2010, 08:33:02 PM »

If you can call it "food". I wouldn't wish SickyD's on Charles Manson (yimach schmo) himself.

Or our "President" himself. I bet he would be "lovin' it"! Mmmm hmmm!

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2010, 08:34:41 PM »
Ronald D***Donald needs to be locked up in a sex-offender ward for the rest of his life.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2010, 09:44:11 PM »
I don't which fast food mascot is creepier, Ronald McDonald or the Burger King.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2010, 10:00:08 PM »
Pretty close although at least the Booger King is somewhat funny.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2010, 10:53:55 AM »
I don't make a practice out of frequenting McDonald's.  Still, I would like the choice to do so or not, to be mine.  Occasionally, I enjoy having a big mac.  So shoot me.
You can get fat eating too much of anything.  Let's face it.
As for Ronald himself - he's a clown not the devil.

I do know that the Ronald McDonald charities have helped countless families in their time of need.
They provide lodging, at little to no cost, for parents of sick children seeking treatment far from home.
I have had many people tell me how that made a great difference to them.
I never enter a McDonald's without leaving a donation in the RMHC collection box.  Even if it is just pocket change.

If you don't think McDonald's is the place to be...just don't go there.  That's simple.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2010, 11:00:37 AM »
I just thought of an analogy...

Those who want to exterminate Ronald McDonald should consider the fact that advertising has always used the bait and switch technique. Most advertising for adults use sex to sell. Most ads use sexy women who are scantily dressed... Of course the man watching the commercial comes to fantasize that if they buy the product then they would be as cool as the hero in the commercial, and he will get the beautiful girl along with the drek product.

Maybe all advertising should be outlawed because there is very little truth in advertising. The goal of commercials is to sell things, any darn way they can be sold... And anyone watching TV commercials who believes otherwise is just fooling themselves. In a capitalistic world {which I support} one must always be wary of the advertisements. They are not made to entertain people {although they often purport to do so}... They are made to move units of drek from the factory into your garbage can.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 23, 2010, 11:06:43 AM »

Those who want to exterminate Ronald McDonald should consider the fact that advertising has always used the bait and switch technique. Most advertising for adults use sex to sell. Most ads use sexy women who are scantily dressed... Of course the man watching the commercial comes to fantasize that if they buy the product then they would be as cool as the hero in the commercial, and he will get the beautiful girl along with the drek product.

Maybe all advertising should be outlawed because there is very little truth in advertising. The goal of commercials is to sell things, any darn way they can be sold... And anyone watching TV commercials who believes otherwise is just fooling themselves. In a capitalistic world {which I support} one must always be wary of the advertisements. They are not made to entertain people {although they often purport to do so}... They are made to move units of drek from the factory into your garbage can.

Let the buyer beware..... Advertising needs to be entertaining... Business needs to have catchy advertising. Ronald McDonald is a very charismatic character and I find nothing wrong with his message. Who cares that he is hawking cheese burgers to gentiles.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: May 23, 2010, 11:47:30 AM »

Let the buyer beware..... Advertising needs to be entertaining... Business needs to have catchy advertising. Ronald McDonald is a very charismatic character and I find nothing wrong with his message. Who cares that he is hawking cheese burgers to gentiles.
charismatic ?! seriously ? He is a clown, and people generally don't trust clowns.

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: May 23, 2010, 12:18:52 PM »

charismatic ?! seriously ? He is a clown, and people generally don't trust clowns.

People have more trust in that clown then they have in the shvartza President  :::D

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: May 23, 2010, 12:19:44 PM »
Pretty close although at least the Booger King is somewhat funny.

Funny looking is more like it.

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #22 on: May 23, 2010, 12:33:28 PM »

People have more trust in that clown then they have in the shvartza President  :::D
I wish.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: May 23, 2010, 02:23:22 PM »

I have more trust in my right pinky than in that ugly monkey. (Obama)