Author Topic: Meir Dagan: 'Israel less of an asset for US'.  (Read 351 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Meir Dagan: 'Israel less of an asset for US'.
« on: June 02, 2010, 05:24:34 AM »
http://www.jpost.com/Israel/Article.aspx?id=177136

'Israel less of an asset for US'.

Meir Dagan tells Knesset c'tee Iran fuel deal a distraction ploy.

Strategic ties between Jerusalem and Washington have been slowly changing since the conclusion of the Cold War, Mossad chief Meir Dagan told the Knesset Foreign Affairs and Defense Committee on Tuesday.

"Bit by bit, Israel is becoming less of a strategic asset for America," Dagan said in his meeting with committee.

The Mossad chief indicated as well that the US views the Israeli-Palestinian conflict as a lower priority after determining that neither side is ready for an agreement.

According to Israel Radio, Dagan also surmised that the Iranian uranium fuel-swap deal brokered by Brazil and Turkey was designed to avert the sanctions proposal currently in front of the UN Security Council. Iran's effort to avert sanctions was influenced by a lack of progress in the development of its centrifuge program the intelligence chief reported.

The Iranians "pulled a rabbit out of their hat to split the international community at the last moment," Israel Radio quoted Dagan as saying.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein