Author Topic: On JTF, people are not permitted to call for murder.  (Read 5091 times)

admin

On JTF, people are not permitted to call for murder.
« on: May 14, 2007, 09:45:33 PM »
Such posts will not be permitted.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
Re: On JTF, people are not permitted to call for murder.
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 10:19:29 PM »
To say that so or so "should be killed" is a matter of free speech.

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 10:36:35 PM »

In the first place, that's not what was said.

And in the second place, it's a very fine line and we shouldn't play footsie with it.

Ann Coulter can say that the American government should kill all of Islam's leaders. But to make certain threats in certain contexts is different.

Remember how Alec Baldwin caught hell for saying that Henry Hyde should be lynched? And how Opie and Anthony are being excoriated for suggesting, through a proxy, that Condoleezza Rice and Laura Bush should be raped?

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 10:55:21 PM »

But JTF is law abiding and we don't incite to kill.

Yaacov, are we allowed to say, "I hope Rosie O'donnel dies a terrible death" and Louis Farrakahn suffer with his cancer...etc etc etc...?
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 11:55:49 PM »
Who called for someone's murder?

Offline Dissenter

• Full JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 15, 2007, 12:26:18 AM »
Who called for someone's murder?

No need to name names, but he made a somewhat specific threat. Which brings us to Danny's question:

Yaacov, are we allowed to say, "I hope Rosie O'donnel dies a terrible death" and Louis Farrakahn suffer with his cancer...etc etc etc...?

Yes, we can all dream, as we no doubt do, of the day when such people will suffer and die. But we can't say anything which could be interpreted - under the special rules which apply just to us - as being a specific and credible incitement.

For example, we can say that someone should kill Iran's ayatollahs or Kim Jong Il.

But we can't say anything about people closer to home, especially in the context of illegality.

We can say, for example, that certain traitors should be tried and executed. But we can't say that Joe Citizen should go out and find them and do the job himself.

We have to be very careful about this. Don't forget that our enemies are always watching.

Offline cosmokramer

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 15, 2007, 04:11:37 AM »
It has to be a direct threat of death. IE, bodily harm. If you say someone should die of cancer, well.... you cant cause cancer so it is not a theat. Now, If I say, I want to kill Joe Sixpack with a machete than thats a threat. It's all in the wording and context.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: May 15, 2007, 04:59:36 AM »
It has to be a direct threat of death. IE, bodily harm. If you say someone should die of cancer, well.... you cant cause cancer so it is not a theat. Now, If I say, I want to kill Joe Sixpack with a machete than thats a threat. It's all in the wording and context.

So I can say that I hope that Paris Hilton really gets what coming to her by all the hardcore lesbians in jail and I can say that I hope Al Sharpton gets shot by the same black man that mugged and beat up the elderly man at the convenient store. ;D
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Allen-T

« Reply #8 on: May 15, 2007, 05:46:14 AM »
I used to hear Rabbi Mordechai Friedman say that when he takes power in Israel he will personally spearhead a global holocaust against basically everyone. Isn't that technically illegal and if so why do you suppose he hasn't been arrested and taken off the air? 

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #9 on: May 15, 2007, 06:12:49 AM »
Because no one takes him seriously,in any event if he killed everyone who he said he would there would be about 100 people left alive on earth
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #10 on: May 15, 2007, 07:00:46 AM »
Because no one takes him seriously,in any event if he killed everyone who he said he would there would be about 100 people left alive on earth

He cracks me up and pisses me off at the same time!!

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 07:56:58 AM »
He was on Law and order,i like when he really freaks out. :D
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 12:45:08 PM »

I heard that, was it a cameo or an actual role? Did he play a character such as himself? I have some of his shows on tape. There's one where he goes off on Irish Catholic police that's so insane but so funny. "The mean face" and he's making these absurd grimaces. There was one that I saw, but I didn't have any blank tapes that day, where he had another guy on and they were talking about how in the future people will marry plants. Is he considered a serious Rabbi, or a bit eccentric or  a total nut by the average Orthodox Jew? Someone on the forum got irate with me once about things I said about him, and if my memory is correct I think I was told he was a high positioned person in Rabbi Kahane's JDL.     

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 01:20:01 PM »

I heard that, was it a cameo or an actual role? Did he play a character such as himself? I have some of his shows on tape. There's one where he goes off on Irish Catholic police that's so insane but so funny. "The mean face" and he's making these absurd grimaces. There was one that I saw, but I didn't have any blank tapes that day, where he had another guy on and they were talking about how in the future people will marry plants. Is he considered a serious Rabbi, or a bit eccentric or  a total nut by the average Orthodox Jew? Someone on the forum got irate with me once about things I said about him, and if my memory is correct I think I was told he was a high positioned person in Rabbi Kahane's JDL.     
IT WAS A TINY CAMEO I COULD'NT BELEIVE MY EYES,I DID'NT SEE THE ONE WHERE HE SAID HUMANS WILL MARRY PLANTS  :D I KNOW HE HATED BILL DONAHUE WHO I MEET,WHO IS A NICE AND FUNNY GUY

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 03:15:47 PM »
If the post was made publicly here, why can't the exact quote be cited/reposted? It can be used as an example of what is not allowed here.

Allen-T

« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 05:07:16 PM »

IT WAS A TINY CAMEO I COULD'NT BELEIVE MY EYES,I DID'NT SEE THE ONE WHERE HE SAID HUMANS WILL MARRY PLANTS  :D I KNOW HE HATED BILL DONAHUE WHO I MEET,WHO IS A NICE AND FUNNY GUY

What used to really give me the creeps was that wild stare that he does at the end of each show, where he says something in Hebrew and like slaps his hands down on his thighs and GLARES at the camera!! I better be careful and not say more ;)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 15, 2007, 05:15:20 PM »

What used to really give me the creeps was that wild stare that he does at the end of each show, where he says something in Hebrew and like slaps his hands down on his thighs and GLARES at the camera!! I better be careful and not say more ;)
LOL LOL yes that stare i think he said G-D should bless his people with peace 

Shot at 2010-01-03

Allen-T

« Reply #17 on: May 15, 2007, 05:21:23 PM »

LOL LOL yes that stare i think he said G-D should bless his people with peace 

Yes I think he sometimes says it in English, it's a righteous statement but the dramatics are odd. Is his native language english? He has very unusual intonation when he speaks, not just when it's obvious he's trying to be funny. Like when he say aaaaallllll. Oh another one, when he jumps out of his chair and shreiks "let them PAYGER!!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #18 on: May 15, 2007, 05:32:23 PM »
Payger crock :D

Shot at 2010-01-03