« Last Edit: June 04, 2010, 05:04:47 AM by Arise Judah »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: NBA
« Reply #1 on: June 03, 2010, 10:52:06 PM »
Never....

Wait, I remember way back when... 1984 the Lakers won, I know because that year I moved to LA...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/LA_Lakers
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #2 on: June 03, 2010, 10:56:46 PM »
Does anybody here watch it?

Yes.

The Celtics need to step up their offense and defense if they want to stand a chance at winning the series.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2010, 01:03:59 AM »
The Lakers are my team.  Not so much now as when I was a kid, although I currently live in LA.  For me, Magic Johnson, Kareem Abdul Jabbar [w/ the "skyhook"!], Byron Scott, James Worthy and Pat Riley were the Dynasty Lakers, what they are now is uninteresting to me.  I like football more, but LaCrosse is the game I enjoy playing the most.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 04, 2010, 01:28:30 AM »
102 - 89  8)

Moshe92

« Reply #5 on: June 04, 2010, 12:24:42 PM »
Never....

Wait, I remember way back when... 1984 the Lakers won, I know because that year I moved to LA...

No, the Celtics won in 1984.

Offline MasterWolf1

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • RESIST NOW!!!
« Reply #6 on: June 04, 2010, 01:24:41 PM »
Rather watch hockey
RIGHT WING AMERICAN AND PROUD OF IT. IF YOU WANTED TO PROVE YOU WEREN'T A "RACIST" IN 2008 BY VOTING FOR OBAMA, THEN PROVE IN 2012 YOU ARE NOT AN IDIOT FOR VOTING AGAINST OBAMA!

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #7 on: June 04, 2010, 02:40:27 PM »
NBA? You mean what goes in here:

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 04, 2010, 02:47:17 PM »
well,my answer is no no andno.i don't watch any sports competition beacuse i am personally find it very boring and lame.i prefer intellectual hobbits.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Moshe92

« Reply #9 on: June 04, 2010, 02:52:10 PM »
well,my answer is no no andno.i don't watch any sports competition beacuse i am personally find it very boring and lame.i prefer intellectual hobbits.

Are these hobbits intellectual enough for you?

Offline Irish Zionist

• Forum Administrator
  • Ultimate JTFer
    • My zootube channel
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2010, 03:08:24 PM »
 :::D :::D :::D
The banding together by the nations of the world against Israel is the guarantee that their time of destruction is near and the final redemption of the Jew at hand.
Rabbi Meir Kahane

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: June 04, 2010, 03:11:19 PM »

Are these hobbits intellectual enough for you?

sorry i meant habbits.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: June 04, 2010, 03:54:42 PM »
I watch the NBA and am a Raptor fan.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #13 on: June 04, 2010, 04:03:40 PM »
No. I haven't watched basketball in years and never plan to anyway.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #14 on: June 04, 2010, 04:10:04 PM »
Never....

No, the Celtics won in 1984.

Er, I meant the 1984-1985 season...

By the 1984–85 season, the Lakers' "Showtime" era was in full swing. The team won the Pacific Division for the fourth straight year. The Lakers lost game one of the NBA Finals by a lopsided score of 148–114, in what is now remembered as the "Memorial Day Massacre".[33] The Lakers were resilient and behind 38-year old Finals MVP Abdul-Jabbar, they were finally able to defeat Boston in six games. The team won the title in the Boston Garden, thus making the 1985 Lakers the only visiting team to ever win an NBA championship there.[33]
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: June 06, 2010, 02:17:30 AM »

Yes... Well, highlights and the boxscores, anyway.   Go celtics.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 06, 2010, 06:38:56 AM »
Yes, Used to be a Big Fan back in the 90's but not anymore

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #17 on: June 06, 2010, 08:17:06 PM »

That was the golden era of professional basketball. At least for me.

I back the Celtics franchise. Particularly as the team with the all time great - #33 Larry Bird. And also as a dynasty with 17 titles.

It's difficult to watch the new kids on the block though (Rondo, Allen, Wallace, Pierce, etc.). It feels like I'm watching Negroes on the plantation shucking and jiving for massa' and "whitey". I still have my custom jersey though. Let's go Celtics!

Sorry for the rambling y'all.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 06, 2010, 08:27:15 PM »
N = Nothing
B = But
A= Apes

Offline Mishmaat

• Global Moderator
  • Ultimate JTFer
  • !עם ישראל חי
« Reply #19 on: June 06, 2010, 09:16:05 PM »
N = Nothing
B = But
A= Apes

:::D

Celtics tied the series!

Moshe92

« Reply #20 on: June 06, 2010, 09:30:12 PM »
I love watching and playing basketball, and I'm a Celtics fan so I'm glad they won tonight. However, I sometimes feel conflicted when cheering for certain players, especially Rasheed Wallace. First of all, he's a Muslim, and second of all, he wore a Flyers hat during an interview after the Flyers beat the Bruins in the NHL playoffs. The Celtics and Bruins not only play in the same city but even play in the same stadium.

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 06, 2010, 09:35:40 PM »
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
« Reply #22 on: June 06, 2010, 09:40:08 PM »
I love watching and playing basketball, and I'm a Celtics fan so I'm glad they won tonight. However, I sometimes feel conflicted when cheering for certain players, especially Rasheed Wallace. First of all, he's a Muslim, and second of all, he wore a Flyers hat during an interview after the Flyers beat the Bruins in the NHL playoffs. The Celtics and Bruins not only play in the same city but even play in the same stadium.

As much as I enjoy Professional Team Sports,    its disturbing with Muslims,   players with criminal backgrounds,   and players whose antics overshadow the games,    as part of the Pro Team Sports landscape.      
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: June 07, 2010, 03:27:19 AM »

That was the golden era of professional basketball. At least for me.

I back the Celtics franchise. Particularly as the team with the all time great - #33 Larry Bird. And also as a dynasty with 17 titles.

It's difficult to watch the new kids on the block though (Rondo, Allen, Wallace, Pierce, etc.). It feels like I'm watching Negroes on the plantation shucking and jiving for massa' and "whitey". I still have my custom jersey though. Let's go Celtics!

Sorry for the rambling y'all.

Yes, Larry Bird was the greatest!   Loved to watch him.  While it is somewhat true what you say, looks can be deceiving because these players you mention (add perkins and garnett in there) are excellent at executing the team game on offense and play very tough team defense.  They are one of the only teams I am very impressed with in the league and to play in that manner at that level takes a high intelligence.   I don't know if it's Doc Rivers' coaching ability, or his staff, or if the players just reached a higher level starting in 2008 when this team was put together, or a combination of things, but they really play unselfish basketball to a high level I don't think I saw in these players individually earlier in their careers (exception of Rondo of course since he's new).

I always rooted against Jordan and the bulls in the 90's... But he always won.

Game 2 now in the books, Celtics tied up the series.