Author Topic: anne frank  (Read 2265 times)

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
anne frank
« on: June 10, 2010, 12:32:27 PM »

I'm reading anne frank's diary, about half way, very interesting.
Anyone here personally know an "Anne Frank"? That is, someone who was in hiding, but survived?
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
Re: anne frank
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2019, 06:50:23 AM »
I finished reading her diary. I think that Anne would be very much against publishing it.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #2 on: December 10, 2019, 11:12:25 AM »
His father survived.  You can blame him.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline Noachide

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2019, 03:16:35 AM »
His father survived.  You can blame him.
Yes, he was the one who gave it to publisher.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #4 on: December 12, 2019, 02:48:45 PM »
I'm reading anne frank's diary, about half way, very interesting.
Anyone here personally know an "Anne Frank"? That is, someone who was in hiding, but survived?

From what I've heard, those who hid, generally did not survive.  I've heard of people hiding out wars underground... like in vietnam, but that is quite a difficult task.

Much of my family came from a small town in Belarus.  Everyone was exterminated in the town, except for about 47 people, who had a few hours notice, and who fled to the surrounding Forrest, and were able to make there way deep into Russia, after the end of WWII, they made it to Israel.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2019, 09:47:59 PM »
Visited her house in hiding in Amsterdam. One thing I will look at critically in her thinking was her example of Jews can’t be looked at just like other people?

Hence, we the Jews are not just like people. Gd set us apart from the rest and for that we should be proud to be Jews. We got the Torah at Sinai from Gd. No other nation got the same treatment.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Joe Gutfeld

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #6 on: December 16, 2019, 12:30:43 PM »
I never read the book, but I saw the 1959 movie.

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #7 on: December 16, 2019, 02:53:49 PM »
Visited her house in hiding in Amsterdam. One thing I will look at critically in her thinking was her example of Jews can’t be looked at just like other people?

Hence, we the Jews are not just like people. Gd set us apart from the rest and for that we should be proud to be Jews. We got the Torah at Sinai from Gd. No other nation got the same treatment.

Very true, and unfortunately, the Anne Frank 'musical' ignores this fact.  In the musical, Anne Frank says, 'Today the Jews, tomorrow someone else'.   

So the morale is... .The Jews were just randomly picked by Hitler... he just spun a wheel of ethnic groups, and said, yeah, I think I'll go after them.