Author Topic: Jimmy Dean has Died!  (Read 2093 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Jimmy Dean has Died!
« on: June 13, 2010, 09:41:17 PM »
I never ate his sausage but I will always remember his sausage...

http://www.latimes.com/news/obituaries/la-mew-jimmy-dean-20100614,0,2651407.story

RICHMOND, Va. —

Jimmy Dean, a country music legend for his smash hit about a workingman hero, "Big Bad John," and an entrepreneur known for his sausage brand, has died. He was 81.

His wife, Donna Meade Dean, says her husband died at 7:54 p.m. Sunday at their Henrico County, Va., home, south of Richmond.

She tells The Associated Press that he had some health problems but was still functioning well, so his death came as a shock.

Born in 1928, Dean was raised in poverty in Plainview, Texas, and dropped out of high school after the ninth grade. But he went on to a successful entertainment career in the '50s and '60s.

In 1969, Dean went into the sausage business, starting the Jimmy Dean Meat Co. He sold the company to Sara Lee Corp. in 1984.

May Jimmy Rest in Peace..

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Jimmy Dean has Died!
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2010, 09:54:23 PM »
See an old 1989 Jimmy Dean commercial starring Jimmy Dean at 2:00 into this video..

I've recently realized that TV in the 80s was almost 100% white... Not a black face in any of the commercials nor any of the sitcoms...

Check out some 1984 commercials :

More :
« Last Edit: June 13, 2010, 09:59:58 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline ProJewGreekChristian

• Full JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2010, 10:04:43 PM »
I don't eat that stuff but I have to admit it smells wonderful. I suspect J. Dean was a good man. Who knows?

(It's crazy how on like paper towel commercials there's a Hispanic wife with a negro husband wearing doctor scrubs, one white kid, and like two black children that are supposed to represent the new face of America. Even gun products with the picture of a criminal on their package--shown for shock affect to make you realize you need their gun products because of criminals--always has him as a real light skinned, pale white!!! lol)

G-δ βlεss τhε Hεrοic Sεrβs---------G-δ βlεss the Diχiε Soυτh

ALL of Israel belongs to the Jews, G-d's chosen people!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2010, 10:06:02 PM »
I don't eat that stuff but I have to admit it smells wonderful. I suspect J. Dean was a good man. Who knows?

(It's crazy how on like paper towel commercials there's a Hispanic wife with a negro husband wearing doctor scrubs, one white kid, and like two black children that are supposed to represent the new face of America. Even gun products with the picture of a criminal on their package--shown for shock affect to make you realize you need their gun products because of criminals--always has him as a real light skinned, pale white!!! lol)

He had an image that he was gentle and nice... I watched that old 1989 commercial and was reminded of that..

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2010, 07:59:57 AM »

"""I never ate his sausage but I will always remember his sausage.."""

What do you mean you'll always remember his sausage?
This can't be coming from you.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2010, 08:10:03 AM »

Just read about. I thought it was a different person from the entertainer.

Looks like he's from a better time in America.
Too bad.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2010, 09:32:26 AM »

"""I never ate his sausage but I will always remember his sausage.."""

What do you mean you'll always remember his sausage?
This can't be coming from you.

What I mean is that when I was growing up in  New England in the 70s-80s I watched a lot of Jimmy Dean sausage TV commercials on TV. His commercials were memorable for his soft-spoken nature and his insistence that his sausages were the best in the world. I never tried pork sausages as even when I was young my mother did not feed us any pork...

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2010, 09:34:27 AM »
HE SEEMED LIKE A GOOD MAN
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2010, 09:39:26 AM »
Man I love breakfast sausages.

I'm telling you, you guys need to work out something with God after the messiah comes to allow you to eat pork and such. I'll throw some side ribs on for you. =) jk
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2010, 12:37:59 PM »
Muman weren't you the one who got upset because I and others brought up treif? Now you're bringing it up? Does that mean I can talk about how delicious cheeseburgers with bacon are?

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2010, 12:46:14 PM »
Muman weren't you the one who got upset because I and others brought up treif? Now you're bringing it up? Does that mean I can talk about how delicious cheeseburgers with bacon are?
yummmmmmmmmmmm.i still remember all the cheeseburger i ate in mcdonald's (i am serious,i still remeber them for some reason like i still remeber the all the bacon i ate while i was on a trip to the united state of america).
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2010, 12:49:03 PM »
yummmmmmmmmmmm.i still remember all the cheeseburger i ate in mcdonald's (i am serious,i still remeber them for some reason like i still remeber the all the bacon i ate while i was on a trip to the united state of america).

I hope you found a relatively clean McDonalds. Some of them are ok and some of them are not.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2010, 01:17:28 PM »

I certainly don't suggest anyone eat pork sausage. The purpose of my post was to point out that things were much different in the 80s-90s, especially the advertising.

When I heard of Jimmy Deans passing I immediately remembered the advertisements he made in the 80s which I watched as a young man...

I did not say that sausage was good, as a matter of fact I said:

I never ate his sausage but I will always remember his sausage...

I did never eat any pork sausage in my life... But the fact that it was advertised so much in those days I remember the advertisements..

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2010, 01:18:34 PM »

I hope you found a relatively clean McDonalds. Some of them are ok and some of them are not.
don't give up hope.i am still searching for one!
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2010, 01:19:42 PM »
They might have kosher McDonalds in Israel. I heard about that somewhere. I think it would still be very unhealthy though.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #15 on: June 14, 2010, 01:19:59 PM »

don't give up hope.i am still searching for one!

I would not look forward to eating at McDondalds in Israel. I have heard that there are Kosher ones, but even so... I like the taste of McDonalds but I haven't eaten it in years.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #16 on: June 14, 2010, 01:25:36 PM »
Not only that eating at McDonalds' is unhealthy and sometimes forbbiden because of Kashrut reasons,
most of the profits McDonalds is making in Israel goes to the Gazan Nazis.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #17 on: June 14, 2010, 01:27:09 PM »
Not only that eating at McDonalds' is unhealthy and sometimes forbbiden because of Kashrut reasons,
most of the profits McDonalds is making in Israel goes to the Gazan Nazis.
i know.that is the reason why i am try NOT to eat them but in late night this is only resturant that is being open in the city of bat yam.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #18 on: June 14, 2010, 01:27:45 PM »
They might have kosher McDonalds in Israel. I heard about that somewhere. I think it would still be very unhealthy though.
i don't think so.at least not in gush dan.