Author Topic: French court finds Al Dura death's report on France's 2 channel not credible  (Read 542 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
http://www.jta.org/news/article/2010/06/13/2739588/french-court-criticizes-al-dura-documentary   

French court rips al-Dura documentary

June 13, 2010

(JTA) -- A French court found that a French documentary about coverage of the controversial death of a Palestinian boy was defamatory and not objective.

The court found June 10 that the documentary by the private French television channel Canal + about the Mohammed al-Dura case did not use available information to make the documentary more balanced and accurate.

The documentary was broadcast a month before a verdict in the original lawsuit filed by media watchdog Phillipe Karsenty against France 2 television, which aired the original footage of the 12-year-old al-Dura reportedly killed in the crossfire between Israeli and Palestinian forces in September 2000 in Gaza.

The incident came on one of the first days of the second intifada and served to further inflame tensions. Israel was blamed for the death and took responsibility but later recanted.

France 2 sued Karsenty, a French media watchdog, for libel for claiming that the footage was falsified, but a Paris appeals court overturned a judgment against him in spring 2008.

The original France 2 report claimed that al-Dura was killed by Israeli gunfire, but a subsequent investigation by Israel and additional footage that showed al-Dura lifting his head and opening his eyes after being pronounced dead raised huge doubts about its validity.

"This court victory is just another step in our journey to keep the press honest,"  Karsenty said Friday in an e-mail. "The French media finds every opportunity to paint Israel in a negative light, and even though I prevailed in court, the damage has already been done."
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
Strange.  I thought that this had already been made a few years ago?

Either way, it is not god enough.  Lies get half-way aroud the world before the truth has it's pants on.  The impact of those images on millions of Frenchmen is done and irrevocable.  You can not have a reasoned argument with someone who have internalised the bias of the media.  Arab lies, repeated often enough, are believed by the ill-informed in the West who don't really care about the issue. 
People don't tend to look for who is right in the conflict, they are not concerned with the truth, the simply blame both sides, assuming guilt on both sides without any evidence and demand "compromise."  Because of their moral and intellectual laziness and the evil bias of the media, people are duped into an anti-Israeli position.  I don't believe most people in the West are anti-Semitic, just misinformed and lazy.
They demand Israel surrender because they willingly accept the lies of the arabs / media.  Shame for Israel that it, as a civilised nation, cannot play the same dirty game.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
Strange.  I thought that this had already been made a few years ago?

Either way, it is not G-d enough.  Lies get half-way aroud the world before the truth has it's pants on.  The impact of those images on millions of Frenchmen is done and irrevocable.  You can not have a reasoned argument with someone who have internalised the bias of the media.  Arab lies, repeated often enough, are believed by the ill-informed in the West who don't really care about the issue. 
People don't tend to look for who is right in the conflict, they are not concerned with the truth, the simply blame both sides, assuming guilt on both sides without any evidence and demand "compromise."  Because of their moral and intellectual laziness and the evil bias of the media, people are duped into an anti-Israeli position.  I don't believe most people in the West are anti-Semitic, just misinformed and lazy.
They demand Israel surrender because they willingly accept the lies of the arabs / media.  Shame for Israel that it, as a civilised nation, cannot play the same dirty game.
You know the funny thing is this French Lawyer got no help from Israel he did it all on his own
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline rebel_conservative

• Full JTFer
You know the funny thing is this French Lawyer got no help from Israel he did it all on his own

I don't know why Israel didn't fund this.

However, if they funded him, the Left + arabs would be saying he was an Israeli stooge, the judgment is illegitimate etc.

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
good.we will need to flood the eu courts with complaints agains the muzzies and the blacks.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
good.we will need to flood the eu courts with complaints agains the muzzies and the blacks.

For doing what exactly?

But as for this case. I think this is just one of those cases where the lies got all attention and were spread quickly and widely. Now that the truth comes out, there is no one who cares about it, it doesn't get media attention and won't get spread as much as the lies. Israel continues to be the loser anyway since leftist media won't let the truth come out. They are liars and will always prefer lies that fit into their little world than reality that might be embarrassing for them!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
I didn't realize people still even cared about "Lil Mo".
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!