Author Topic: R.Shapira: "Don't ascend the Temple Mount"  (Read 1938 times)

Offline Mifletzet

• Senior JTFer
R.Shapira: "Don't ascend the Temple Mount"
« on: May 16, 2007, 06:54:05 AM »
What would be Rav Kahane's view on R.Shapira's ruling not to ascend the Mount?
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/spages/860322.html

Presumably R.Kahane held like R.Shlomoh Goren, that the Mosque should be demolished immediately, and that Hashem's honour demands it, even if it means transgressing any ritual purity laws!

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: R.Shapira: "Don't ascend the Temple Mount"
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 07:40:55 AM »
Isn't this like a Rabbi basically telling Jews not to be Jews?

The mosque on the Temple Mount should be demolished immediately and the temple rebuilt. It's that simple. Muslims call every Jewish holy site a mosque. What insanity to allow it to continue any further. It is sad but this decision is likely related to money and state funding.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: R.Shapira: "Don't ascend the Temple Mount"
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 07:48:00 AM »
Presumably R.Kahane held like R.Shlomoh Goren, that the Mosque should be demolished immediately, and that Hashem's honour demands it, even if it means transgressing any ritual purity laws!

My complaint against the popular European Rebbes is that they did not honor this view. There were a few that were so respected in their communities that if they just asked, their request would have been honored. It's sad to think that some things are done when a Rebbe requests them that are not done when hashem requests them.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?