Author Topic: Refusing the Anthem, should they play?  (Read 678 times)

Offline Hyades

• Master JTFer
Refusing the Anthem, should they play?
« on: June 17, 2010, 06:47:17 AM »
In every country it is normal and an emotional moment if the players of the national team sing the national anthem. Just the "German" player with roots in Ghana, Tunisia and Turkey as well as Polish Lukas Podolski refuse to sing the national anthem. Would be okay for me if they weren't in the National Team!
In my opinion it should be a MUST for players to sing it, otherwise they'd have to stay out of the games. That easy, I think.
Would you accept someone playing for your country who refused your anthem? I'd like to see your opinions.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
Re: Refusing the Anthem, should they play?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 06:58:26 AM »
My answer is an unequivocal NO.

Offline Yaakov Mendel

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 07:08:48 AM »
By the way, talking about national anthems, do you all know this video where Barack Hussein Obama is caught disrespecting the national anthem :

Very telling image.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 07:22:17 AM »
By the way, talking about national anthems, do you all know this video where Barack Hussein Obama is caught disrespecting the national anthem :

Very telling image.

Yeah, real shocking since everything else he's done shows such a love for the U.S.

Actually, what he does have his hand over during the singing of the national anthem is probably more telling about what he thinks of this country.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 11:50:24 AM by HiWarp »
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ben m

• Master JTFer
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 07:32:45 AM »
not only they shouldn't play they should be deported as well.
enemies:negroes,musulmans and commies/liberals.
alleis:israel,united states,canada,european union,greater serbia,russia,australia and new zealand and japan/south korea and india.togheter we maight win this war.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2010, 11:41:19 AM »
They should not play.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein