Author Topic: What is your take on the Armenian Diaspora in the Middle East?  (Read 1023 times)

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
Someone made a topic about allies in the Middle East. So I decided to make one on the Armenian people who live in Syria, Jordan, Lebanon, Israel, and Iran. Do they support Israel are do they hate the Jewish people as much as the Muslim Arabs and the "Christian" Arabs?

« Last Edit: June 17, 2010, 04:35:10 PM by YimachShemotoIslam »
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Re: What is your on the Armenian Diaspora in the Middle East?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2010, 02:50:02 PM »
I've read of some Armenians who blame the Jews for the genocide in the early 20th century. 

Otherwise, I haven't heard of any Armenian Christians in any of the countries you wrote defending Israel's right to exist. 

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2010, 02:53:29 PM »
They're the same as their fellow Orthodox Christian brothers, the RuSSians.

The HHK (the Armenian Fascist Party) represents real Armenia -

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2010, 02:56:18 PM »
I have never heard of any trouble making coming from the Armenians in Israel.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2010, 08:41:16 PM »
I've read of some Armenians who blame the Jews for the genocide in the early 20th century. 

Otherwise, I haven't heard of any Armenian Christians in any of the countries you wrote defending Israel's right to exist. 
I can tell you firsthand that these Armenians are not friends of the chosen people. They think that the Fakestinians are an "oppressed people".

Offline Sox7

• Junior JTFer
Re: What is your take on the Armenian Diaspora in the Middle East?
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2010, 12:39:35 AM »
Armenian antisemitism was historically not widespread or not particularly virulent. There was more antisemitism in the diaspora (also amongst Greeks) than amongst Armenians in Armenia. This is because Armenians and Greeks, like Jews, were historically traders/merchants in places like Russia or the Ottoman Empire, so there was direct economic competition with the Jewish community.

The modern Armenian antisemitism (which is quite strong in the diaspora, perhaps not so much in Armenia itself) is rooted in a sense that Israel and American Jews have been working with Turks against Armenian interests. Most notably, the attempt of some in the Jewish community and Israel to suppress the US passage of a resolution on the Armenian genocide.

The Armenian genocide, like the Holocaust, did happen. It involved fewer victims and a smaller territory, but the Armenians of the Ottoman Empire were utterly destroyed and had to flee into the diaspora or Russian territory. As a result, Armenians feel that Israel/Jews who support Turkey and deny the Armenian genocide are "backstabbers", because both nations were victims of genocide and should have some sort of solidarity because of that.

My thinking is that this will change over time, as it appears that Israel and Turkey have had a breakdown in relations. If Israel and relevant parties in the American Jewish community change their orientation and support Armenian genocide resolutions and recognition, then I think Armenian diaspora antisemitism will pretty much disappear.

Offline Boyana

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #6 on: November 21, 2010, 03:48:11 AM »
ttp://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vjw/armenia.html

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: November 21, 2010, 04:20:56 AM »
Armenians tend to be none violent people so i doubt they have been any violence against Jews.Whats in their minds and hearts i don't know.When i was younger i had 2 Armenian brothers as friends when i went to their house in N.Y. i never heard any anti Jewish remarks from their parents,but i was only 9 or 10 yrs old
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2010, 04:45:30 AM »

True. One Armenian I know pretty well who grew up in Lebanon, who complains about how everything in Lebanon is skewed towards the Muslims, asserts that Hamas is a "resistance and protest movement".

Offline Sox7

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2010, 10:24:51 AM »
ttp://www.jewishvirtuallibrary.org/jsource/vjw/armenia.html

Good recap:

Historically, Jews and Armenian Christians have had good relations. Both groups have ancient cultural and religious roots in Armenia that have helped them through modern persecutions. Nonetheless, Jews are considered aliens in Armenia and not full citizens.

Anti-Semitism does exist in Armenia, although it does not occur frequently. For instance, in February 2002, Romen Yepiskoposyan published an anti-Semitic book. Also the media and local officials initiated a boycott of the Holocaust memorial.

Because of Armenia and Turkey’s have poor relationship over time, much of the anti-Semitism in Armenia stems from the good relationships between Turkey and Israel and the United States.

I anticipate attitudes to improve as Israel turns away from Turkey as an ally.