Author Topic: Who runs this forum anyway?  (Read 8199 times)

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
Who runs this forum anyway?
« on: May 16, 2007, 02:01:44 PM »
-
« Last Edit: May 20, 2007, 10:16:07 PM by Daniel »

Scriabin

Re: Who runs this forum anyway?
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2007, 02:07:51 PM »
Chaim isn't a member of the forum.

However, he's the head of JTF .

Yakov respects Chaim's decision, and he should. 

Offline Until Shiloh Comes

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2007, 02:15:43 PM »
In fact, Yakov and the chief administrators can conceivable choose to ban Chaim if they see fit.

Hello Daniel, and good day to you.

Your statement above is inane.   The JTF forum is hosted by the JTF website, therefore anything that contradicts or opposes the stated goals of this organization should be deal with accordingly because it will, via implication, be linked to JTF whether accurate or not.   The admins and moderators here are volunteers, and the weird idea that Chaim Ben Pesach can be banned if "we see fit" is so far beyond the pale, I question if you actually considered what you wrote before you posted it.

Chaim entrusts us to maintain a level of integrity and respect on this forum.   Whether or not he is an active member here with a title is downright irrelevant.   
Psalm 53:2 "The fool hath said in his heart, 'There is no G-D.'"

Offline tonycali99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2007, 02:26:24 PM »
it say's lisa is head of this forum whoever she is.

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2007, 02:31:13 PM »
I find it very interesting that Chaim states who should be banned from the forum and in addition states that if any moderator unbans this person that this moderator should be banned from the forum as well. While Chaim is the head of JTF, he is not in charge of running the JTF forum. The chief administrators are in charge of running the forum and for making these types of decisions. Chaim can make recommendations as to what should and should not take place here. But he is in no position to dictate what goes on here. If he wants to have the power to make these decisions, then let him become an administrator as well.

If hypothetically, Yakov and Chaim disagree on whether or not to ban a particular member of the forum, it would be Yakov that would trump over Chaim since Yakov is the creator and chief administrator of this forum and Chaim is not. In fact, Yakov and the chief administrators can conceivable choose to ban Chaim if they see fit.

While I believe that Chaim should have a lot of input and advice as to what goes on here, he should not be one who should dictate as to what goes on here. Those decisions should be made solely by the administrators.

I realize that what I'm saying here is probably very provocative and controversial and that I might even run the risk of being banned for this. But if that be the case, then let the administrators ban me and not Chaim.

Daniel

Daniel I have to disagree wtih you. Although this is a jtf forum..it named under the very group the Chaim is running...IN other words this forum is in a way in his name.  If someone is on this forum ruining jtf's name, then Chaim has a right to his opinion and he should be listened to in these situations.  No point in ruining the cause he believes in...otherwise, he will disassociate himself from this very group.
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline Nic Brookes

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2007, 02:33:40 PM »
it say's lisa is head of this forum whoever she is.
You know who lisa is, you ask her to move your posts every week. you are a troll.

And Yacov is in charge.

Offline tonycali99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2007, 02:35:41 PM »
oh

Offline tonycali99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2007, 02:38:29 PM »
im confusd now whats the difrence between what you and lisa do, say's ;isa is the moderator in the forun here.

Offline tonycali99

• Junior JTFer
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2007, 02:48:00 PM »
ok thank's for expleining

Allen-T

« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2007, 03:31:46 PM »
In fact, Yakov and the chief administrators can conceivable choose to ban Chaim if they see fit.

Hello Daniel, and good day to you.

Your statement above is inane.   The JTF forum is hosted by the JTF website, therefore anything that contradicts or opposes the stated goals of this organization should be deal with accordingly because it will, via implication, be linked to JTF whether accurate or not.   The admins and moderators here are volunteers, and the weird idea that Chaim Ben Pesach can be banned if "we see fit" is so far beyond the pale, I question if you actually considered what you wrote before you posted it.

Chaim entrusts us to maintain a level of integrity and respect on this forum.   Whether or not he is an active member here with a title is downright irrelevant.   

I totally agree. Chaim is also the most qualified to make final decisions, I mean he's been to prison for fighting this fight!!

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #10 on: May 16, 2007, 03:41:14 PM »
So if Ann Coulter doesn't like a person on her forum, but doesn't physically run the forum herself, that she can't ban a poster or admin? Get real, will ya?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #11 on: May 16, 2007, 03:51:54 PM »
If Ann Coulter paid for that forum's hosting, then she would have a say as to whom should be banned. 

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #12 on: May 16, 2007, 03:56:05 PM »
If Ann Coulter paid for that forum's hosting, then she would have a say as to whom should be banned. 

out of curiosity, who pays for JTF's?

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #13 on: May 16, 2007, 04:01:49 PM »
So it's only fair that Chaim has the final say, correct, Daniel?

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #14 on: May 16, 2007, 04:04:18 PM »
This is CHAIM's forum and CHAIM's organization. If Chaim asks Yacov to ban somebody, he better do it regardless of his own views or JTF members' opinions. In this case, he did exactly what he should after Chaim made his decision.

Daniel, you are a troll, plain and simple, and you might be in danger of a ban yourself.

Offline Maccabi

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #15 on: May 16, 2007, 04:36:49 PM »
Chaimfan has a good eye for trolls.

what a stupid post from Daniel.

I'd support a ban.

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2007, 04:59:22 PM »
I find it very interesting that Chaim states who should be banned from the forum and in addition states that if any moderator unbans this person that this moderator should be banned from the forum as well. While Chaim is the head of JTF, he is not in charge of running the JTF forum. The chief administrators are in charge of running the forum and for making these types of decisions. Chaim can make recommendations as to what should and should not take place here. But he is in no position to dictate what goes on here. If he wants to have the power to make these decisions, then let him become an administrator as well.

If hypothetically, Yakov and Chaim disagree on whether or not to ban a particular member of the forum, it would be Yakov that would trump over Chaim since Yakov is the creator and chief administrator of this forum and Chaim is not. In fact, Yakov and the chief administrators can conceivable choose to ban Chaim if they see fit.

While I believe that Chaim should have a lot of input and advice as to what goes on here, he should not be one who should dictate as to what goes on here. Those decisions should be made solely by the administrators.

I realize that what I'm saying here is probably very provocative and controversial and that I might even run the risk of being banned for this. But if that be the case, then let the administrators ban me and not Chaim.

Daniel
Chaim = JTF what part of that equation don't you understand. This forum is hosted by JTF to advance JTF's interests. Chaim really seems to have a hands off policy for the most part however when something that is taking place on JTF Forum might be problematic  to JTF.org Chaim has every right to step in. I think the more serious members of the forum understand this.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: May 16, 2007, 05:11:23 PM »
JTF is not a cult. People can disagree with Chaim. He's not a rebbe.

Agreed, I have heard Chaim say this many times himself. What I am saying is Chaim should have the final word on important decisions.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2007, 05:40:13 PM »
This forum is not "owned" by any one person, administrator, or moderator. It belongs to all of us. Chaim is the head of JTF, it's his web site, and his decisions are final.

I don't think this is hard to understand. Why are you all so concerned about this? What brought this on? Is there some decision that Chaim made that you disagree with?

What is your real motivation for this thread? Its appears very divisive to me.

If you spent the same amount of time trying to help build this forum into a mass movement that you do arguing over who controls the forum and who you wish controlled the forum, then we'd already be at our goal. I think a healthy look at priorities is in order. I am just in shock at the divisive dribble in this thread.

Why are you here, if it's not to help JTF become a mass movement?

Some are here because they are just hateful and insecure, old fashioned racists and have NEVER even posted on the "Save Israel" topic. They just love saying words like [censored] and beaner because they are ignorant and hateful... reminds me of Beavis and Butthead. It's that mentality. They would be happy if everyone who wasn't the same color as they are were killed (remind you of the muslims?). Sounds like a version of nazi that likes white Jews... I guess that's why "StørmFrønt" keeps coming up and some people have a history there. These people should be embarrassed.

Some people are here because they are entertained by idiots who proclaim dirty and insane ideas. These people just want to make fun of others so they  don't have to feel so bad about themselves. I think that's what that filth Jerry Springer was for. These same people love to cause trouble because they aren't interested in JTF's goal. They are selfish and want a quick laugh... life is just a funny joke to these people. These people are idiots and will never amount to much.

Some people in here are just mad at the world and want someone to yell at or become trolls who misspell the word "college" and claim they are in a gay school. These folks would do better with anger management classes. They ask terrible questions and I'm not really sure why we tolerate them or why others defend them. They are here, simply, to make fun of us and undermine the cause. They love using the f-bomb and tearing down other posters who have done nothing wrong to them. They can't debate because their mind is too simple. They just want to feel control because the bottom line is, they can't control themselves and it makes them feel weak.

Then there's the group in here that we NEED. This group of people help JTF. They rate the YouTube videos. They give rational debates that are well thought out. They are respectful but stand up to scum when they need to. These people... these are who we need to be!

So we can look at this two ways... are you actually going to HELP JTF? Or are you going to be one of the obstacles we have to overcome in order to achieve our goals?
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 07:10:21 PM by jeffguy »
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2007, 05:56:32 PM »
Yacov, with all due respect, Dominater was flaming Chaim and he uses a screenname on another forum that is extremely similar to one used by a StørmFrønt member. Maybe I jumped to conclusions, but I don't see how that one was beyond all comprehension. In any event, Chaim accepted his apology and I dropped the matter.

How in the world is it unreasonable for me to call a user whose posts always belittle Chaim a troll?

Edit: My theory about an alliance between some members of StørmFrønt and Revava isn't unreasonable either considering the flamings from members of those forums was totally simultaneous.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2007, 05:58:19 PM by Chaimfan »

Offline Shlomo

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • SAVE ISRAEL!
« Reply #20 on: May 16, 2007, 09:12:12 PM »
So I'm a troll now, eh? I guess we should take a poll on who thinks I should be banned now.

I want to clarify that my intent is not to be divisive or create a divisive situation. I just think that with any group or organization, the members have a right to state their opinions and offer criticism to their leaders if and when it is questionable whether or not they are overstepping their bounds. That's the truest sense of democracy. I'm just merely making a point and posing a question. That's all.

In regards to my statement of banning Chaim, that was just a hypothetical. I realized after I posted, I should have writted "G-d forbid" next to it. This would never happen, G-d forbid! At least I hope not! I apologize if I offended anyone or caused a misunderstanding on my part.

I never said you were a troll and we aren't banning you. I agree that you have a right to state your opinion. And others (myself included) have a right to respond.

Democracy is good for the US but isn't what G-d intended for Israel in the Bible.

I understand what you are saying... you are just trying to bring up a point for debate and it's not necessarily how you perceive things to be.
"In the final analysis, for the believer there are no questions, and for the non-believer there are no answers." -Chofetz Chaim

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: May 16, 2007, 09:32:40 PM »
So I'm a troll now, eh? I guess we should take a poll on who thinks I should be banned now.

I want to clarify that my intent is not to be divisive or create a divisive situation. I just think that with any group or organization, the members have a right to state their opinions and offer criticism to their leaders if and when it is questionable whether or not they are overstepping their bounds. That's the truest sense of democracy. I'm just merely making a point and posing a question. That's all.

In regards to my statement of banning Chaim, that was just a hypothetical. I realized after I posted, I should have writted "G-d forbid" next to it. This would never happen, G-d forbid! At least I hope not! I apologize if I offended anyone or caused a misunderstanding on my part.

Overstepping his bounds ????  That's funny.
Good leaders know how to delegate.
They also know how to oversee and step in when appropriate.
I believe that is what Chaim does.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline jdl4ever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #22 on: May 16, 2007, 09:38:39 PM »
I think you are trolling.   :o
"Enough weeping and wailing; and the following of leaders & rabbis who are pygmies of little faith & less understanding."
"I believe very much in a nation beating their swords into plowshears but when my enemy has a sword I don't want a plowshear"
-Rabbi Meir Kahane Zs'l HYD

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #23 on: May 16, 2007, 10:39:58 PM »
Re:  "...That's the truest sense of democracy..."

Judaism is not democracy.

Especially Kahanist Judaism.

Offline Trumpeldor

• Master JTFer
« Reply #24 on: May 16, 2007, 10:43:04 PM »
Re:  "...That's the truest sense of democracy..."

Judaism is not democracy.

Especially Kahanist Judaism.

When the Kahanists take over, it will be interesting to see the reaction of American Jewry.