Author Topic: Nothing like a good Jewish cheeseburger!  (Read 2551 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Nothing like a good Jewish cheeseburger!
« Reply #25 on: June 21, 2010, 08:16:55 PM »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #26 on: June 21, 2010, 08:31:06 PM »
Re:  "Keeping Kashrut must be really tough for a Jew in the American Exile."

No tougher than living in Eretz Yisrael where kibbutzim raise pigs for pork production, grocery stores regularly stock bacon, sausage, and ham, and restaurants in Eilat serve deluxe shellfish dinners to the likes of Rahm Emmanuel.

"Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones" -- anonymous

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2010, 08:32:44 PM »
No doubt that there must be many more Kosher supermarkets and restaurants than there are here in my home town {none}... My friends just moved to Long Island {where I was born} and he says he has 10 Kosher restaurants near his home.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #28 on: June 21, 2010, 08:55:29 PM »
No doubt that there must be many more Kosher supermarkets and restaurants than there are here in my home town {none}... My friends just moved to Long Island {where I was born} and he says he has 10 Kosher restaurants near his home.

Long Island has become an extension of the city to some extent when it comes to Kosher restaurants..... There is one not far from where I live that's called Zan's it  opens early on Saturday ... This is not a problem for me but should they be open before sundown on Saturday and still call themselves a Kosher restaurant?
« Last Edit: June 21, 2010, 09:16:12 PM by cjd »
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years