Author Topic: Jan Schakowsky leftist congress women versus Jewish Tea party Joel Pollak  (Read 511 times)

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The evil obama lover                 

Tuesday, January 19, 2010
She's anti-Israel
Rep. Jan Schakowsky: The New “Pro-Israel.”

December 25, 2009

I will always be a steadfast friend and supporter as Israel seeks peace and security. Jan Schakowsky ( October 27, 2009)

Great words, and many Jews, even staunch pro-Israel activists believe them. In fact, after trial attorneys, and those who are employed but do not name their employers, pro-Israel groups list as the largest contributors to her campaign. Why then do Schakowsky’s pro-Israel attestations make me think of George Orwell’s “Newspeak” (a language which not merely changes the meaning of words, but makes them contradict what they meant before, a language in which the slogan “Slavery is freedom” makes sense). What does my representative Jan Schakowsky mean by her declaration of being Israel’s “steadfast friend and loyal supporter?”

One thing “pro-Israel” does not mean to the congresswoman is taking a leadership role on issues that affect the U.S.-Israel relationship. Instead of being a leader, Schakowsky is a cautious and seemingly reluctant follower. Of 259 pieces of legislation which she sponsored or co-sponsored, only two pieces of legislation related to Israel and both were safe bets since the majority of Congress signed on before she did. When over 85% of the Congress votes favorably to Israel, Schakowsky goes along.

The most dangerous campaign against Israel is waged in a propaganda war to undermine the legitimacy of the Jewish state. One would expect a “friend” of Israel to provide her constituents with unbiased information, yet Schakowsky’s campaign website provides links to sites which have long records of demonizing Israel. Some of these sites are:

● The Center for American Progress (CAP) The CAP, funded by George Soros, is engaged in undermining the Daily Alert, an email update for the Conference of Presidents of Major American Jewish Organizations. Whereas the Daily Alert is concerned with Iran’s acquisition of nuclear weapons, Hizbullah’s missile stockpiles in the north, Hamas’ missiles from Gaza and other threats to Israel’s security, the CAP publication, the Middle East Bulletin focuses on the dangers posed by Israeli settlers, Israeli security measures, and American Jewish and Christians Zionists.
The CAP is home to many Israel-bashers, such as Van Jones, a senior fellow, whose short-lived career as White House Green Czar ended in scandal and whose musical career featured a Palestinian Liberation rap CD, on which he calls for the end to Israeli occupation from 1948. Marty Peretz The New Republic, finds, “Jones' vulgar hatred of Israel is, alas, also a hatred of Jews.”Perhaps the CAP writer most favorably disposed to Israel is Matt Yglesias-a frequent, harsh critic of Israel. Yglesias does not call for the end to the Jewish State; he just can’t seem to find any difference between Israel and the terrorists who are pledged to its destruction, a stand for which Noah Pollak proposed a new commendation “The Yglesias Award for Moral Equivalence.” Commentary 10.21.2009

● Human Rights Watch (HRW) According to a detailed and well-documented report by NGO Monitor, HRW demonstrates "clear, identifiable political bias in both the quality and quantity" of its Israel coverage,” and exploits the rhetoric of human rights to further its political agenda against Israel. The NGO Monitor concludes that, “HRW’s leaders will be seen in the future as having played a key role in the extinction of the principles of universal human rights and basic morality.” HRW is so egregiously biased against Israel, that its founder, Robert L. Bernstein, wrote an op ed for the New York Times criticizing HRW for issuing unfair reports on the Israeli-Arab conflict, reports “ that are helping those who wish to turn Israel into a pariah state.”

● Amnesty International Schakowsky also directs her constituents to Amnesty International, about whom Avi Bell, Director, Global Law Forum, writes, "It is tragic when distinguished human rights organizations soil their reputations by resorting to falsehoods and legal misstatements in the service of political propaganda. Unfortunately, this is the only way to characterize Amnesty International's..broadside against Israel…”

Embracing individuals who are indefensibly anti-Semitic and virulently anti-Israel is included in the Congresswoman’s definition of a steadfast supporter of Israel. When the ousted leader of Honduras Manuel Zelaya claimed that Israeli mercenaries were torturing him with toxic gases and high-frequency radiation from a device that resembled a large satellite dish, it seemed to be a mad joke. However, the ADL was not laughing when it released translations of comments from Zelaya and other prominent members of his party showing a pattern of blaming Israel and all Jews for the problems in Honduras. One of the translated comments came from pro-Zelaya Radio Globo, "After what I have learned, I ask myself why, why didn't we let Hitler carry out his historic mission?" Rather than gasp at the outrageous insanity of Zelaya’s rantings, Jan Schakowsky came to Zelaya's defense.,

Promoting organizations whose goals are inimical to the security of Israel is also the Newspeak definition of “pro-Israel.” That is why Rep. Jan Schakowsky said, “I see J Street (a lobbying group trying to displace AIPAC) as a pro-Israel organization." J Street “Pro-Israel” bonifides include: refusing to support House Resolution 867, which condemned the agregiously biased Goldstone Commission Report; opposing further sanctions on Iran; advocating for a freeze on all Jewish construction beyond the 1949 armistice lines, including Jerusalem; blaming Israel for the absence of peace; calling for increased U.S. pressure on Israel. The petition on the J Street Homepage reads: Click here to ask Secretary of State Hillary Clinton to redouble efforts to change Israel's behavior in Jerusalem.

Last October, when J Street rolled out its Washington conference line up, which included Israel bashers such as Salam al-Marayati, a proponent of the theory that Israel was the likely source of the attacks on the World Trade Center, the host list began to dwindle. Sen. John Kerry-D-MA), Sen. Blanche Lincoln (D-AR), Sen. Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY), Sen. Chuck Schumer (D-NY), Sen. Thad Cochran (R-MS), Rep. Mike Castle (R-DE), Rep. Mike Ross (D-AR), Rep. Michael McCaul (R-TX), Rep. Leonard Boswell (D-IA), Rep. John Salazar (D-CO), and Rep. Ed Towns (D-NY) and Jane Harman (D-CA) decided that they had better things to do that day. Rep. Howard Coble (R-NC) said he was confused about the group's positions when he had accepted the invitation. "I have a consistently favorable pro-Israel voting record and if someone touts themselves as pro-Israel, I am very likely to join forces with them and that was my thinking with this group," he said. "Then I hear from my rabbi back home and others, and they assure me that this group is by no means on the same page with the mainstream Jewish community back in my district. And I didn't feel comfortable lending my name to that outfit."

Jan Schakowsky not only felt comfortable lending her “pro-Israel” name to “that outfit [J Street],” she also had no problem hosting the J Street gala or being its biggest backer in Congress. She appeared undisturbed by the rapturous applause and cries for, “Palestinian state! Now!” even though the Palestinians have refused for 61 years to acknowledge the existence of the Jewish State. She offered no objections to speaker after speaker, including General James Jones, the US national security adviser, who placed the responsibility for almost all of the world’s problems on Israel’s doorsteps. The audience erupted into applause when Jones called the Israel-Palestine conflict “the epicenter” of “many, many other problems around the world.” Nor did she question why a “Pro-Israel” conference made scarce mention of a neighboring regime which denies the Holocaust while it is aquiring the means of creating a second and final destruction of Jewry.

Unlike Jan Schakowsky, some commentators on the left were uneasy with J Street’s self description as “Pro-Peace and Pro-Israel.” Matthew Yglesias, Noam Pollak’s man of the year for moral equivalence, expressed doubt during the J Street Conference. “My J Street button said “Pro-Israel, Pro-Peace.” … “But when we moved to the Q&A time it became clear that a number of people in the audience really were quite uncomfortable self-defining as “pro-Israel” in any sense and that others are uncomfortable with the basic Zionist concept of a Jewish national state. Jonathan Chait, Senior Editor of the liberal New Republic (known during the Clinton years as the “in flight magazine for Air Force One), also had problems with the new meaning of “pro-Israel.” “…J Street had loosened the definition of "pro-Israel" to the point where it had virtually no meaning. As a result, the group has attracted the support of a lot of people who do not think of themselves as pro-Israel at all, some of whom oppose Israel's continued existence as a Jewish state. To accommodate students who may have animus towards Israel and not understand the new meaning of “pro,” J Street's university arm dropped the "pro-Israel" part of its slogan. Embracing the radically changed definition of “pro-Israel”, Jan Schakowsky addressed J Street, “I am always proud to join my many friends here today…I feel I share the goals of this organization…”

Apparently no one sent the Newspeak dictionary to Michael Oren, Israel’s Ambassador to the U.S. Thus Oren characterized J Street as “a unique problem in that it not only opposes one policy of one Israeli government, it opposes all policies of all Israeli governments. It’s significantly out of the mainstream….This is not a matter of settlements here [or] there. We understand there are differences of opinion,” Oren said. “But when it comes to the survival of the Jewish state, there should be no differences of opinion. You are fooling around with the lives of 7 million people.” This is no joke.”

Oren does not understand what my congressional representative Jan Schakowsky knows: In the new progressive political world order, opposing all policies of all Israeli governments, sitting on one heals when Israel is in trouble, defending Israel’s enemies, providing forums for those who vilify Israel is the new meaning of “pro-Israel.” This new definition should give us all heart, for now the UN, the EU, and all the Arab states are pro-Israel.

http://voteoutschakowsky.blogspot.com/2010/01/shes-anti-israel.html   

Joel Pollak

http://www.pollakforcongress.com/     

Jewess Schakowsky 'Helen Thomas is awesome'

http://www.chicagogop.com/home/pollak-calls-on-schakowsky-to-repubiate-helen-thomas.html
« Last Edit: June 23, 2010, 02:00:28 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
The level of evil deceit in politics is sickening. Double-speak is definitely being employed in this day and age. A wise person must be able to look beyond the media and the noise thrown out there by the wicked deceivers of the world. To pretend you are 'pro-Israel' when you have an obviously anti-Israel position is nothing short of wicked and should be condemned, may Hashem strike them down.

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
The level of evil deceit in politics is sickening. Double-speak is definitely being employed in this day and age. A wise person must be able to look beyond the media and the noise thrown out there by the wicked deceivers of the world. To pretend you are 'pro-Israel' when you have an obviously anti-Israel position is nothing short of wicked and should be condemned, may Hashem strike them down.

Amen b' korev mamosh
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Rabbis really need to be getting more active with the bet dins and CHEREM proclamations.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein