Author Topic: S.C. Democrat Who Faces Felony Charges Will Not Drop Out Of Senate Race  (Read 1337 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.personalliberty.com/news/s-c-democrat-who-faces-felony-charges-will-not-drop-out-of-senate-race-19831298/

South Carolina’s Democratic Senate nominee Alvin Greene said last week that he will reject his party’s request that he drop out of the November election race.

The state’s party chairwoman Carol Fowler asked Greene to withdraw from the race after news surfaced that the 32-year-old unemployed veteran faces felony obscenity charges for allegedly showing graphic internet photos to a college student. If convicted, Greene could face up to five years in prison.

"I believe strongly that the Democratic voters of this state have the right to select our nominee," said Fowler. "But this new information would certainly have affected the decisions of many of those voters."

Greene, a virtual unknown in the political realm, shocked Democratic leaders by garnering 59 percent of the vote to defeat veteran legislator Vic Rawl, who had already begun to plan for the general election, The Washington Post reports. Apparently, Greene had done little campaigning, did not raise any money and does not even have a website.

In response to his unexpected victory, Representative James Clyburn (D-S.C.) speculated whether Greene was a "Republican plant," and openly questioned how the unemployed veteran obtained the $10,400 filing fee.

"There were some real shenanigans going on in the South Carolina primary," Clyburn said on the liberal Bill Press radio show. "I don’t know if he was a Republican plant; he was someone’s plant. Somebody gave him that $10,000 and he who took it should be investigated, and he who gave it should be investigated."
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
As ridiculous as the "Republican plant" accusation is, even if it were true, I don't think the Republicans then went around to all the Democrat voters and held a gun to their head to force them to vote for this guy in the primary.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."

Alvin Green for Democratic Party Presidential Candidate 2012!!

Good for this man.  He won fair and square.  He should run.  He sounds like a typical Democrat, whats the fuss?  Racists!!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline eb22

• Ultimate JTFer
  • No Appeasement.or Concessions.Fakestine is a Hoax.
As ridiculous as the "Republican plant" accusation is, even if it were true, I don't think the Republicans then went around to all the Democrat voters and held a gun to their head to force them to vote for this guy in the primary.

Exactly.      The fact that this beast won the "  Democrat"  Party U.S. Senate primary in South Carolina speaks volumes about the majority of Democrat voters in South Carolina.      What also shouldn't be overlooked is that Barack Hussein Obama overwhelmingly won the 2008 Democrat Primary in the Presidential race.      When it comes to voting,    the South Carolina Democrats consistently choose the worst possible candidate.   
"Israel's leaders seem to be more afraid of Obama than they are of G-d. Now we're getting to the real root of the problem. Secular politics won't save Israel. Denying the divine nature of the Jewish State has brought Israel neither stability nor peace. When that changes Israel will finally be blessed with both in abundance"-----------NormanF   ( Posted on Israel Matzav's Blog )

http://jtf.org/