Author Topic: YouTube of Hate - GTA Kill a Jew videos  (Read 2293 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Re: YouTube of Hate - GTA Kill a Jew videos
« Reply #25 on: June 24, 2010, 05:25:54 PM »
take back our temple, after being the most persecuted minority in the world, Jews should not be put in a game where it's an option to do these kinds of things to them.

I'm just trying to put things in context. Obviously this behavior to unacceptable against anyone and the game cannot be condoned. The big question is whether the game designers were anti-semites who targeted Jews or just put everybody in the game. The youtube posters targeted Jews and should be addressed separately.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #26 on: June 24, 2010, 06:00:59 PM »
It seems the game raises a great deal of controversy however it also has very high sales numbers which means big money is being made. Its seems that a few different groups have challenged the makers of the game only to have the challenge defeated. It's hard to fight companies like this because they have the money to mount a serious defense against most people bringing a legal challenge against them. The only thing companies like this understand is slipping sales numbers and that don't seem to be the case with this game.... I think that society has become so mind numbed that not much bothers them anymore. "Wikidpedia" has a interesting page up on this game.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Theft_Auto_(series)
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #27 on: June 24, 2010, 09:28:59 PM »
   Back in the 90s pruneface led a challenge against the video game industry which resulted in ratings of video games. He went after Mortal Kombat.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #28 on: June 24, 2010, 10:51:06 PM »
This shows how sick video games can be and why there should be a tight control over their contents if we do not want our kids to be infected by them.
Even when video games have no shocking contents, they do not have good effects on children anyway. It's better for them to do sports or play music, for example.

The game was never designed specifically to kill Jews but that's not to say there isn't anti Jewish themes in the game, i've played Grand Theft Auto and it's a very sandbox type of game, you pretty much roam a city with a bunch of pedestrians and there are certain ethnic blocks including areas with Jews. In one part of the game, you do fight what is called "The Jewish Mafia" who are diamond traders at one point in the game and they are very wealthy.

In the expansion for GTA IV though, you play as a Jewish biker gang member. I think the idea of GTA was just to offend everyone kind of like South Park.

Granted I am a bit confused why Jews were put in the game but yet you can't find a single Arab walking the streets in Liberty City.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #29 on: June 24, 2010, 11:10:56 PM »
This shows how sick video games can be and why there should be a tight control over their contents if we do not want our kids to be infected by them.
Even when video games have no shocking contents, they do not have good effects on children anyway. It's better for them to do sports or play music, for example.

The game was never designed specifically to kill Jews but that's not to say there isn't anti Jewish themes in the game, i've played Grand Theft Auto and it's a very sandbox type of game, you pretty much roam a city with a bunch of pedestrians and there are certain ethnic blocks including areas with Jews. In one part of the game, you do fight what is called "The Jewish Mafia" who are diamond traders at one point in the game and they are very wealthy.

In the expansion for GTA IV though, you play as a Jewish biker gang member. I think the idea of GTA was just to offend everyone kind of like South Park.

Granted I am a bit confused why Jews were put in the game but yet you can't find a single Arab walking the streets in Liberty City.
Sounds like a nice place to live.  :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein