Author Topic: Well this is what I found on the red cow  (Read 581 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Well this is what I found on the red cow
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2010, 12:37:26 AM »
http://vanshardware.com/2010/03/the-temple-institute-the-red-heifer-is-ready-for-the-third-temple/

Couldnt you link to a Kosher source and not a Missionary Christian site?

Here is the original link to the Temple Institute, a very Kosher source...

http://www.templeinstitute.org/red_heifer/tenth_red_heifer.htm

http://www.templeinstitute.org/archive/red_heifer_born.htm

But apparently that Red Heffer was deemed not suitable for the ritual...

http://www.mechon-mamre.org/jewfaq/qorbanot.htm

Parah Adumah:  The Red Heifer

In 1997 and again in 2002, red heifers were born in Israel.  These births received quite a bit of press coverage, and there were many questions asking about their significance.

The ritual of the red heifer (in Hebrew, parah adumah) is part of one of the most mysterious rituals described in the Torah.  The purpose of this ritual is to purify people from the defilement caused by contact with the dead.  The ritual is described in Numbers 19.  If you find it difficult to understand, do not feel bad; the sages themselves described it as beyond human understanding.  What is so interesting about this ritual is that it purifies the impure, but it also renders the pure impure (i.e., everybody who participates in the ritual becomes impure).

It is believed by many that this ritual will be performed by the Mashiach when he comes, because we have all suffered the defilement of contact with the dead.  Thus, the existence of a red heifer is a possible, but not definite, sign of the Mashiach.  If the Mashiach were coming, there would be a red heifer, but there could be a red heifer without the Mashiach coming.

Unfortunately, in the end, both of heifers we have had so far were disqualified.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Chai

• Pro JTFer
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2010, 12:48:17 AM »
I would have but like you said it was not suitable

So the answer is a big no. No, I could not find a kosher source that deal with a kosher red heifer, besides what the great Dan ben Noah posted.
That was the only thing I can find searching the internet , evidently its not popular in the  "kosher" circles online

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2010, 01:26:49 AM »

So the answer is a big no. No, I could not find a kosher source that deal with a kosher red heifer, besides what the great Dan ben Noah posted.
That was the only thing I can find searching the internet , evidently its not popular in the  "kosher" circles online

I have discussed the Kosher Search engine http://www.4torah.com... Every search result is supposed to have been checked by Orthodox rabbis to make sure the information given is 'kosher'... I dont use google for any Judaism searches because often there are missionary sites which are out there to lure unsuspecting Jews to their messianic ideas. I found out this when looking for tzittzits... The messianic missionaries wear tzit-tzits and the most common site when you look for it on google is the missionary sites...

Search Torah topics from respected, pre-approved Torah sites. 4Torah.com was created to specifically exclude irrelevant results one could find using a standard Google search. We have customized Google's vast index to contain over 1.7 million Torah-related text pages in English, Hebrew, French, Spanish and other languages as well as audio and video formats. All are hand-picked and deemed trustworthy by our team of frum editors.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2010, 01:40:38 AM »

I have discussed the Kosher Search engine http://www.4torah.com... Every search result is supposed to have been checked by Orthodox rabbis to make sure the information given is 'kosher'... I dont use google for any Judaism searches because often there are missionary sites which are out there to lure unsuspecting Jews to their messianic ideas. I found out this when looking for tzittzits... The messianic missionaries wear tzit-tzits and the most common site when you look for it on google is the missionary sites...

Search Torah topics from respected, pre-approved Torah sites. 4Torah.com was created to specifically exclude irrelevant results one could find using a standard Google search. We have customized Google's vast index to contain over 1.7 million Torah-related text pages in English, Hebrew, French, Spanish and other languages as well as audio and video formats. All are hand-picked and deemed trustworthy by our team of frum editors.

Thanks for sharing this Muman.  A number of times I have come across sites using Hebrew terms, etc., only to have it take a drastic turn to non-Judaism after half a page or so.  Its frustrating because it wastes my time and vexes me because I know what the modus operandi going on is and I usually am not assuming to be baited and switched when I am trying to do the Mitzvah of studying Torah and the Jewish idea.
Gracias Amigo! :)
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein