Author Topic: Communists and Gays are Nazis  (Read 6463 times)

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
Re: Communists and Gays are Nazis
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2010, 12:04:44 AM »

Well I have heard that the NT contains much more anti-gay stuff...  Personally I dont want to know about it...

Yes, there are explicit references against gays in the NT but I have not quoted here because this is  Jewish forum
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2010, 12:12:51 AM »
Believe it or not, there are right-leaning gays.  Now they're not nearly as right wing as we are.  But there are a few of them who lean to the right.  Tammy Bruce is one.  http://www.tammybruce.com 

There's another blog called Gay Patriot -- http://www.gaypatriot.org

Also, there used to be a great, funny blog called Beautiful Atrocities, which was run by gay man who actually served in the USAF.  It's now defunct. 

They can't be real patriots with this anti-G-D behaviour.
Also, I never talked about Americans or any other Gentiles. I was talking about Jews.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2010, 12:20:09 AM »
I have no problem with people who deny the Oral Law, whether they are Karaites, Samaritans or Gentiles. But I don't like it when people deny it and then want to quote it partially. If soemeone denies the Talmud, he must be honest and use his own sources only.

I don't agree with all the teachings of the Talmud but it is related to Tanach.  I also use Talmud (even Zohar) for research purposes (eg. the topic of tithing).   Christians don't agree with all writings of historians Flavius Josephus but we use the statements of Josephus extensively in our circles. Why do we need to use our own sources only?  For research purposes we can use anything.  Christians apologists use Talmud (even Koran) to justify that Adam, Eve, Abraham, Moses, David and Jesus were indeed historical figures. It depends on the context and the subject of the discussion.  Even Tovia Singer in his lecture about the oral law tries to use the Christian New Testament to prove the existence of oral law (audio 11:40).  Muslims, Christians and Jews when argue with each other quote "favorable" verses even from their opponents' scriptures.  I have heard Chaim quoting the saying of Jesus in John 4:22 (Salvation comes from Jews).  For research purposes we can use any material.

Yes, it's correct to use a material you don't believe in as a religious book, only for historical research. I also use even the Quran to get an idea of the Arab life-style of the time, because all books have at least some historical hints. But using the religious parts of the Talmud about what is a sin without believing it is a Divine Law, is senseless. You cannot choose to agree with one part and reject the other. If you do so, it shows you don't recognise any spiritual authority in it, and there is no point in using its authority to back your own views.
For example, I hold that gambling is a serious and dangerous vice which destroyspeoles and societies. The Quran backs my views and claims to be inspired by G-d. But I would be an hypocrite if I quoted those verses to back my view, because I am not a Muslim and so I don't believe the Quran is prophesy. I can only read it to learn about the History of Arabs.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #53 on: July 04, 2010, 12:21:31 AM »

Yes, the NT forbids homosexual behaviour. Some pasages seem to say that also effeminate looking men, even if not gay, are accursed. However it might be a mistransaltion and no big Church now condemns people for their appearance, only for their acts. But my point is that it's incorect to use the Talmud as an argument in times of need when pro-gay activists are strong, and then reject the Talmud as words of men.

Effeminate - yes but I don't want to go there because it is beyond the scope of this thread.    We Christians use Talmud, Zohar and Apocrypha for research purposes (not only for anti-gay stuff).

Regarding your claim about my mental disorder quote, you are clearly taking me out of context.  My original intention was to use the term "demon possession" instead of mental disorder.  Since Judaism view demons differently I did not want to use the terms demons or devils.  In our circles gays, nazis and communists are demon-possessed (in otherword evil from the same source)
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #54 on: July 04, 2010, 12:27:49 AM »
But using the religious parts of the Talmud about what is a sin without believing it is a Divine Law, is senseless. You cannot choose to agree with one part and reject the other. If you do so, it shows you don't recognise any spiritual authority in it, and there is no point in using its authority to back your own views.

You are correct, I don't give spiritual authority to Talmud but the anti-gay stuff in Talmud proves how the ancient sages viewed homosexuality.  Therefore it is a historical thing for me even though for Jews it makes spiritual sense.

Offline Raulmarrio2000

• Master JTFer
« Reply #55 on: July 04, 2010, 12:30:02 AM »
Regarding your claim about my mental disorder quote, you are clearly taking me out of context.  My original intention was to use the term "demon possession" instead of mental disorder.  Since Judaism view demons differently I did not want to use the terms demons or devils.  In our circles gays, nazis and communists are demon-possessed (in otherword evil from the same source)

No, I am not taking you out of context. You actually wrote "mental disorders". I read a text not your mind . I still haven't learned to read the mind. LOL
And I take medicines for OCD. That's why I got annoyed with that remark about mentally sick people and nazis being the same.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #56 on: July 04, 2010, 12:34:07 AM »

No, I am not taking you out of context. You actually wrote "mental disorders". I read a text not your mind . I still haven't learned to read the mind. LOL
And I take medicines for OCD. That's why I got annoyed with that remark about mentally sick people and nazis being the same.

I wanted to avoid demons/devils because Jews and Christians view demons differently and that was the reason I used "mental disorders".  Had this been a Christian forum I would have used "demon possession" instead of "mental disorders"