Author Topic: NumbersUSA Members Lash Out at Pro-Amnesty Business Leaders  (Read 983 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
http://www.numbersusa.com/content/nusablog/cchmielenski/july-1-2010/numbersusa-members-lash-out-pro-amnesty-business-leaders.html?jid=619092&lid=9&rid=3854&tid=538663

The newly formed Pro-Amnesty business coalition, Partnership for a New American Economy, has one goal in mind – providing an Amnesty to the nation’s 11-18 million illegal aliens. The coalition has individuals from all across the country from a variety of different business backgrounds, but they all have one thing in common. They make a ton of money and are completely out of touch with Main Street Americans.

The Immigration Reform Caucus, founded by former Congressman Tom Tancredo and currently chaired by Congressman Brian Bilbray, discovered some astonishing financial information on the members of the Partnership for a New American Economy. Nearly all the Members take home more than $1 Million in annual income, and most take home well more than $10 Million per year.

Mort Zuckerman, Editor-in-Chief of US News and World Report, Rupert Murdoch, CEO of News Corp., and J.W. Marriott, Jr., CEO of Marriott, all have net worth’s in excess of $1 BILLION.

Roy exposed the group’s plans to use their political influence, their money and their cable news channels, newspapers and magazines to get a Mass Amnesty bill through Congress, which will only pad their pockets even further with a healthy supply of cheap labor.

Roy’s blog received more than 200 comments, and you expressed your disgust at the coalition’s disregard for the nation’s more than 15 million unemployed Americans.

Members of this coalition own some of the nation’s most popular companies – Disney, Hewlett Packard, Marriott, Boeing, News Corporation, American Express, BanCorp, US News and World Report, New York Daily News, Morgan Stanley, and even the New York Mets!

But NumbersUSA Members have some plans for these companies.

Just like the groups who plan to boycott Arizona, we as the people of the United States need to boycott these companies that support [illegal aliens].

We the people are the ones who buy these companies products and services yet they are only worried about the bottom line instead of the people who have helped them become successful.

-- Michael of NY

I just sent an email to Mark Hurd, the CEO of Hewlett-Packard, advising him that I am joining a national boycott of HP products owing to his company's endorsement of an amnesty for illegal aliens.

-- Albert of PA

In the past I have purchased a hundred or more Disney films, and have shopped at their stores, visited both CA and FL Disneys. I will boycot everything they have a hand in. They will not make a cent from me further. Also I will boycot Hewlett Packard, and oppose whatever I can regarding Mr. Murdock and Newscorp. … Please boycott these corporations/people.

-- Sheila of OR

I was contemplating the purchase of a laptop this year; you can bet your S.A. it will not be a HP! No more of their products for me or mine.

-- Gerald of CA

Many readers were especially disappointed to learn that Rupert Murdoch, head of Fox News, is part of the coalition. Despite the varying opinions of their news analysts and contributors, the network tends to offer more balanced coverage of immigration issues (including positions supported by NumbersUSA) than other members of the mainstream media.

Not surprisingly, you expressed your frustrations with Rupert Murdoch’s involvement with the Partnership for a New American Economy.

Rupert Murdoch must surely know there will be a backlash from Fox viewers since conservatives are a large majority who watch. I don't think Roger Ailes holds the same views. Maybe Murdoch thinks Fox is the only game in town for conservatives and it won't affect ratings since we have nowhere else to go.

-- Janet of MD

If Rupert maintains this stand He is going to find himself in a lot of trouble with Fox News and I think he has a lot of explaining to do

-- Frank of GA

Richard of Massachusetts summed it up best, though. These business giants are out of touch with the concerns of the American people.

We need to have corporate leaders who care about the American people and do not see the country merely as a place for them to make money.

-- Richard of MA

Thanks to all who commented, and we encourage you to keep the comments coming! There are other places you can join in the discussion as well. Visit our Facebook page and our YouTube Channel for more conversation and discussion.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt