Author Topic: Pee Pee shows his hand and true colors  (Read 524 times)

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
Pee Pee shows his hand and true colors
« on: July 04, 2010, 05:30:00 PM »
http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138415

The Ministerial Committee on Legislation decided Sunday to deny the coalition's support for a bill that would make it hard for the government to extend the construction freeze imposed on Jews in Judea and Samaria. The bill, proposed by MKs Carmel Shama (Likud) and Uri Ariel (National Union), would make any additional freeze on construction dependent on Knesset approval.

Bills that do not receive the support of the Ministerial Committee on Legislation are usually doomed to fail in the Knesset plenum.

The decision to shoot down the bill was reached after Prime Minister Binyamin Netanyahu exerted heavy pressure on the ministers. He believed that approval of the bill would embarrass him on his upcoming trip to Washington D.C., where he will meet United States President Barack Obama.
MK Shama reacted to the ministers' vote against the bill by saying that their logic “defies comprehension.” Come September, he said, “the government of Israel will look back with longing at this bill.”

Late September is the when the ten-month Israeli self-imposed building freeze is slated to end. External pressure on Israel to extend the freeze is expected, however.

Shama explained at a public gathering that pressuring the Knesset to continue the freeze will be much more difficult than pressuring the government. “No political person can get Likud to pass a decision to extend the freeze,” he said. (IsraelNationalNews.com)

Basically what this tells me is that Nethanyahu wants to give in to Hussein's pressure to continue the freeze.  Let's see how the enablers like Benny Begin, who have promised building will continue, react.  My guess is they make excuses or maybe politely disagree but stay in the government.

We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
Re: Pee Pee shows his hand and true colors
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2010, 06:37:20 PM »
What a beautiful piece of legislation it would be.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein