Author Topic: Was Benjamin Franklin an antisemite?  (Read 2155 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Was Benjamin Franklin an antisemite?
« on: July 11, 2010, 01:55:32 PM »
Arabs continue to propagate lies about founding father Benjamin Franklin. I have heard this rumor many years ago but it was refuted. But the arabs, as dumb as they are, will exploit any rumor in order to further their hatred of the Jewish people.

Arabs are cursed people and will suffer the wrath of G-d for their hatred of his people.

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138529

Hamas TV Beams Anti-Semitic Lies About Ben Franklin
Tammuz 29, 5770, 11 July 10 10:23
by Hana Levi Julian

(Israelnationalnews.com)

Al Aqsa (Hamas-Gaza) TV is continuing its unabated televised anti-Semitic incitement with an interview that claims United States founding father Benjamin Franklin warned Americans about the Jews.

The claim, made in an Arabic-language interview on June 17 by United Arab Emirates Creativity Center director Dr. Ali Al-Hamadi, was translated by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

“If you read about the literature and heritage of America, you will see that they consider former U.S. President (sic) Benjamin Franklin to be one of their greatest minds,” Al-Hamadi began. “When you read about U.S. heritage, you encounter words written in ink of gold. The Americans endorse the words of Franklin, but when he talks about the Jews, they ignore his words completely."

“He (Franklin) lived in 1779, and delivered a famous speech. Addressing the American people, he talked about an immense danger that faced them. He said: 'Do not think that by achieving our independence, the United States is safe from all danger. There is an immense danger...'

“These were his words. 'An immense danger faces the American people – the proliferation of Jews in the United States.' He went on to say: 'The Jews are devils and bats. We must expel these sinners...' These are his words, not mine. We must expel this group of sinners from the United States, and if you don't do this immediately, our future generations will curse you, when they find themselves under the boots of the Jews.'

It turns out, however, that Al-Hamadi's claim is based on a classic anti-Semitic canard called The Franklin “Prophecy,” a falsified document debunked many decades ago. A 2004 report issued by the U.S. Congress, “Anti-Semitism in Europe: Hearing Before the Subcommittee on European Affairs of the Committee on Relations” describes the fake on page 69:

The Franklin “Prophecy” is a classic anti-Semitic canard that falsely claims that American statesman Benjamin Franklin made anti-Jewish statements during the Constitutional Convention of 1787. It has found widening acceptance in Muslim and Arab media, where it has been used to criticize Israel and Jews...”

But it was actually proven false as far back as 1954, when the New York-based Anti-Defamation League issued a detailed refutation of the hoax, which apparently first appeared in 1934.

As for Benjamin Franklin, his liberal attitudes towards people of all religions were well known; in fact, his donation of five pounds of his own money to the building of a synagogue in his city during the fund-raising campaign of the Hebrew Society of Philadelphia is clearly documented.

Numerous historians and biographers of the founding father have denounced the so-called "speech." Among them is J. Henry Smyth, Jr., compiler of The Amazing Benjamin Franklin, who labeled the canard a “libel of the Jewish race, unjust both to Jews and to the name and fame of Benjamin Franklin. I have investigated this calumny and find no historical basis.”
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
Re: Was Benjamin Franklin an antisemite?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2010, 01:59:20 PM »
Muslims love to try to change history for their own benefit. The sad thing is if they take over, that will be the only "history" taught!

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2010, 02:35:58 PM »
Hamas deserves total annihilation for this slander not only of the Jewish People, but against one of the greatest men who ever lived on the face of the Earth.

If I ever get the chance, I will personally see to it.

This lie was first propagated on American Nazi Party and KKK websites here in this country.

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2010, 03:47:25 PM »
I really don't know if he was or not. Perhaps Chaim knows more on this issue. I will ask him on next week's Ask JTF.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2010, 05:42:15 PM »
Muslims love to try to change history for their own benefit. The sad thing is if they take over, that will be the only "history" taught!

The problem is that they can't maintain a consistent story. On an Arab Nazi television program they can take credit for 9/11 one minute and blame the Jews the next. If they take over, there will be no consistent history taught at all.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2010, 06:17:15 PM »
If an Arab says something you better check it out first, for yourself.  Those roaches lie like rugs.

Offline Secularbeliever

• Master JTFer
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »
I really don't know if he was or not. Perhaps Chaim knows more on this issue. I will ask him on next week's Ask JTF.

Several years ago I visited Philadelphia for the first time.  I saw the historic Synagogue.  Franklin contributed money to that Synagogue.  How often does Pat Buchanan, Ron Paul, Jeremiah Wright, or Lewis Farakham contribute money to a Synagogue.
We all need to pray for Barack Obama, may the Lord provide him a safe move back to Chicago in January 2,013.

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
« Last Edit: July 11, 2010, 07:21:15 PM by mord »
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2010, 07:48:23 PM »
Obviously I knew that he was not an anti-semite... As I said in my comments I knew this many years ago when I first heard of the forgery. But I posted this thread with that title in order to get people to read it... Often asking a question in the headline will spark interest in the story...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #9 on: July 12, 2010, 01:15:51 AM »
Muman, we discussed this in detail before... and we all know its bogus... and probably originated from PedoFront.  When you see these posts... that Ben Franklin, or Walt Disney hated Jews......   sometimes members might see title of the post... and not read the discussion... and think its true.

I remember that happened with Walt Disney... someone posted nonsense lies about Walt being a Jew-hater... and it turned out to be groundless propoganda that originated from American Communist groups.  But people saw the title, and beleived it was true.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2010, 01:18:03 AM »
Muman, we discussed this in detail before... and we all know its bogus... and probably originated from PedoFront.  When you see these posts... that Ben Franklin, or Walt Disney hated Jews......   sometimes members might see title of the post... and not read the discussion... and think its true.

I remember that happened with Walt Disney... someone posted nonsense lies about Walt being a Jew-hater... and it turned out to be groundless propoganda that originated from American Communist groups.  But people saw the title, and beleived it was true.

Maybe my title headline was not very specific, but the INN story relates that currently Hamas is using this canard in its propaganda against Israel...

Offline briann

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Mmmm HMMMMM
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2010, 01:24:05 AM »

Maybe my title headline was not very specific, but the INN story relates that currently Hamas is using this canard in its propaganda against Israel...

Yeah Ive seen that.

By the way, this underscores why someone like Mel Gibson is so incredibly dangerous.   Because he spread the message of Hamas and the whole Muslim but without seeming like an enemy.  When Mel came out and said, Jews started all wars, I remember listening to talk-radio, and Muslims were calling in one, after the others saying.... SEE, listen to Mel, he knows what he's talking about, and he is one of you.  It [censored] me off incredibly.