Author Topic: Child Rapist Polanski A Free Man  (Read 731 times)

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
Child Rapist Polanski A Free Man
« on: July 13, 2010, 07:30:38 PM »
http://www.care2.com/causes/womens-rights/blog/child-rapist-polanski-a-free-man/

Switzerland announced today that it will not extradite film director Roman Polanski to the United States to face his conviction for unlawful sex with a 13-year-old girl.  Polanski had been arrested on an international warranted issued by the United States on charges dating back to 1977.  He had originally been charged with six offenses including rape and sodomy.  He pleaded guilty to unlawful sex following a plea bargain that included a promise he'd serve at least 42 days in a US prison.  But the director led the United States on the eve of his sentencing because of a fear he'd face more prison time than the agreed-upon 42 days.

The result of the Swiss decision means that Polanski is a free man.

Swiss justice ministry officials said that they based their decision in part because US authorities had failed to provide confidential testimony about Polanski's original sentencing procedure.  According to the Swiss, US authorities needed to clarify the length of sentence Polanski was facing and therefore failed to make a convincing case for extradition.

According to the Swiss, this decision cannot be appealed.

Polanski has had a lot of apologists, and as news of the Swiss decision was announced they all expressed their enthusiastic support for one of the "great" directors of all time.  The problem, of course, is that artistic opinion is subjective, but application of the law should be objective.  Polanski has never denied that he fed his victim drugs and then proceeded to have sex with her.  Instead, he and his supporters have offered the "its no big deal" excuse because it was the 1970's and he's Roman Polanski.

The problem, of course, is that Polanski is a rapist.  And it doesn't matter how great an artist some may find him, he still pled guilty to felony criminal sex charges and then couldn't man up to do his time.  And this behavior was accepted by and enabled by not just parts of Hollywood but the government of France.  The result was a de facto international endorsement of child rape.

Those who hoped for Polanski's extradition did so not to make an example out of an elderly felon, but because justice demanded it.  Once again we see race and privilege taking priority over blind application of the law.  Polanski's art was ultimately more valuable than the dignity of the young girl he drugged and raped, a fact that speaks volumes to the value we place on the lives and the dignity of all women.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline Dr. Dan

• Forum Administrator
  • Gold Star JTF Member
Re: Child Rapist Polanski A Free Man
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2010, 07:32:37 PM »
but of course hollywood says nothing..
If someone says something bad about you, say something nice about them. That way, both of you would be lying.

In your heart you know WE are right and in your guts you know THEY are nuts!

"Science without religion is lame; Religion without science is blind."  - Albert Einstein

Offline D2I

• Full JTFer
  • Israel for jews and antarctica for muslims!
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2010, 08:53:01 PM »
The vile degenerate Polinsky should be hanged, no mercy for child molesters  >:

One of the reasons the world is going to hell in a handbasket is because of "tolerance" of degeneracy
America for Americans
Israel for Jews
Iceland for Icelanders
Antarctica for muslims!

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2010, 10:03:02 PM »

One of the reasons the world is going to hell in a handbasket is because of "tolerance" of degeneracy

I don't think that the penalty for that crime is death. And the fact of the matter is that the woman whom he had the illegal relations with has forgiven him and doesn't want the case to go forward.

What is required in situations like this is justice. I believe he should do time for the crime, even though his victim has forgiven him.

BTW, D2I... Where is North Artica? There is no such place on the globe...Either you mean Antarctica, or maybe North Africa? Antarctica is the continent on the south pole...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline D2I

• Full JTFer
  • Israel for jews and antarctica for muslims!
« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2010, 11:45:24 PM »

I don't think that the penalty for that crime is death. And the fact of the matter is that the woman whom he had the illegal relations with has forgiven him and doesn't want the case to go forward.

What is required in situations like this is justice. I believe he should do time for the crime, even though his victim has forgiven him.

BTW, D2I... Where is North Artica? There is no such place on the globe...Either you mean Antarctica, or maybe North Africa? Antarctica is the continent on the south pole...

Antarctica for Muslims the North Pole would also be fine  ;D  Il fix the spelling
America for Americans
Israel for Jews
Iceland for Icelanders
Antarctica for muslims!