Author Topic: Gov. Paterson turns to higher power by wearing red string kabbalah bracelet  (Read 7508 times)

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
I need to be more generous myself.  It's been too long since I donated to JTF.  It makes me very happy to contribute to the hilltop youth and JTF.   Then again, I'm sure I'll have more opportunity to do so when I actually have an income.

• Gold Star JTF Member

http://www.jewishmag.com/144mag/superstition_magic/superstition_magic.htm
The symbolic hamsa hand (Arabic) or hamesh hand (Hebrew) is an ancient and still popular an amulet for magical protection from the envious or the evil eye and is also known known to draw positive energy, happiness, riches and health.. The hamsa (semitic root meaning five) includes five digits and symbolizes the Creator’s protective hand and refers to the digits on the hand. An alternative Jewish name for it is the Hand of Miriam, in reference to the sister of Moses and Aaron. Some hamsas contain images of fish, "the water covers the fish of the sea so the eye has no power over them (Berakhot 55b)." Some hamsa artifacts have the colors red and blue, both of which are said to thwart the Evil Eye. The symbol of the hand, and often of priestly hands, appears in kabbalistic manuscripts and amulets, doubling as the letter 'SHIN', the first letter of the divine name 'Shaddai' (one of the names referring to G-d). www.myjewishlearning.com

Isn't "magic" of this nature forbidden by Judaism?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I need to be more generous myself.  It's been too long since I donated to JTF.  It makes me very happy to contribute to the hilltop youth and JTF.   Then again, I'm sure I'll have more opportunity to do so when I actually have an income.

May Hashem bless you with Parnassah soon...
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

http://www.jewishmag.com/144mag/superstition_magic/superstition_magic.htm
The symbolic hamsa hand (Arabic) or hamesh hand (Hebrew) is an ancient and still popular an amulet for magical protection from the envious or the evil eye and is also known known to draw positive energy, happiness, riches and health.. The hamsa (semitic root meaning five) includes five digits and symbolizes the Creator’s protective hand and refers to the digits on the hand. An alternative Jewish name for it is the Hand of Miriam, in reference to the sister of Moses and Aaron. Some hamsas contain images of fish, "the water covers the fish of the sea so the eye has no power over them (Berakhot 55b)." Some hamsa artifacts have the colors red and blue, both of which are said to thwart the Evil Eye. The symbol of the hand, and often of priestly hands, appears in kabbalistic manuscripts and amulets, doubling as the letter 'SHIN', the first letter of the divine name 'Shaddai' (one of the names referring to G-d). www.myjewishlearning.com

Isn't "magic" of this nature forbidden by Judaism?

Yes, but this article is calling it 'magic'... I have heard it referred to as a segulah to ward off Ayin Hara... I don't consider it magic because it only works because I have absolute faith in HaKodesh Baruch Hu and know that amulets have no power of their own.

Two other protective things in Jewish belief include 1) Mezuzzah, and 2) Tzit-tzits... Both of these are not considered magic yet are believed to have protective powers...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/310889/jewish/The-Protective-Power-of-Mezuzah.htm
In the Kabbalah

The principal book of Kabbalah, the Zohar, states that if a Jew affixes a mezuzah to his or her door, the Almighty denies harmful and destroying agents (mazikin) any access to the home, even at a time when the Destroying Angel is let loose.

Recanati7 writes similarly, “The mezuzah affixed to the doorpost of a home serves as a protection against the messengers of evil. When confronted by the name of G‑d, which is on the exterior of the mezuzah, these messengers of harm realize that G‑d is watching over this domicile and they will refrain from entering. The word mezuzoth is a combination of the words ‘zaz’ and ‘maveth’ which mean literally: Death: Remove thyself.”

Expounding on the verse “G‑d shall guard thy going out and thy coming in from now and forevermore,” (Psalms 121:8) the Zohar explains that the mezuzah protects the inhabitants of the house not only in their home but also from the time they leave the house until they return home: “Not only is a man protected in his house, but G-d protects him both when he goes out and when he comes in, as it is written, ‘G‑d shall guard thy going out and thy coming in, etc.’”

http://www.jewishanswers.org/ask-the-rabbi-3216/custom-of-wearing-tzitzit/
Custom of Wearing Tzitzit
Listen to this article. Powered by Odiogo.com

Question: Why do Jewish men wear Tzitzit (fringes/strings on 4-cornered garments) if the commandment is based on affixing strings  to a 4-cornered garmet? It would seem that not possessing a 4-cornered garment would exempt a Jew from this. Thoughts?

Answer: That is a very keen observation on your part and in fact you are absolutely correct!

However, in recognition of the great value of upholding the commandments (Mitzvos) of the Torah in general, and perhaps in light of the “protective” properties of the “Tzitzit” in particular, the custom has evolved for men to purchase a four-cornered garment in order to fulfill this mitzvah.

Additionally, this mitzvah is one of the few in the Torah where we are actually given a reason for its observance. “L’maan tizkoru es kol Mitzvosay”—that by wearing and seeing the tassles/Tzitzit we are reminded to observe ALL of the mitzvos of the Torah. The Tzitzit themselves are an impetus for further Mitzvah observance!

Sincerely,
R’ Daniel Fleksher
http://docs.google.com/viewer?a=v&q=cache:oXTuRQoiw6EJ:israel613.com/books/IMPORTANCE_OF_MITZVAH_TZITZIT-E.pdf+protective+properties+tzitzit&hl=en&gl=us&pid=bl&srcid=ADGEESikvAVYEPr6QuCqpkJ70TVtXT396rqX7Kbmn7R75refQioKaDA20SfmPOIuZaTnzqrRgSB22iu1rgbSEr9FLq29jYCl9AqPpHJEaabdTv8f8om5JdpW82jTQbvhek7oweE_E474&sig=AHIEtbR8nxU-gzqJvFnXIa6XaBbLZajLLQ
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 08:38:19 PM by muman613 »
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

• Gold Star JTF Member

May Hashem bless you with Parnassah soon...

Amen.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Hey Ya'll!....

Anybody wanna' buy a real nice "Lucky Rabbit's Foot" keychain?

I've got 'em in blue, red, and white.

Don't blow $26 on a piece of red thread when you can git one of MassuhD's genuine Lucky Rabbit's Foot keychains for only $4.95 + $9.95 shipping and handling!

It'll protect you at all times.

Drive as fast as you want while intoxicated on booze or LSD or Ecstasy and you'll never have a wreck if you hang one of these Lucky Rabbit's Foot keychains from your rear view mirror.

If your house or apt. key is on a Lucky Rabbit's Foot keychain you can walk through the worst schwartze neighborhood in America at 2 am and even yell out n_gg_r as loud as you feel like, and you will be protected by the Power of the Rabbit.

The Rabbit's Foot itself doesn't have any power -- the protective ability comes from the rabbit whose foot got chopped off.

• Gold Star JTF Member

Two other protective things in Jewish belief include 1) Mezuzzah, and 2) Tzit-tzits... Both of these are not considered magic yet are believed to have protective powers...

Why are you comparing these things to segulas and amulets?  There is no comparison.

• Gold Star JTF Member

Yes, but this article is calling it 'magic'... I have heard it referred to as a segulah to ward off Ayin Hara...

But it seems to me they call it "magic" because it functions the same way.  The way they describe it also sounds like magic.  So how is it any better?

I don't consider it magic because it only works because I have absolute faith in HaKodesh Baruch Hu and know that amulets have no power of their own.

So then what does it do and how does it work (if it has no power of its own) ? 

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
The red string does absolutely nothing for you unless you are observing the Torah...

If you are observing the Torah, it also does nothing.

Interesting points. The only thing I can see it doing if someone is observing torah is to serve as a message for others to follow. Of course there are far more effective ways to deliver the message, but if someone is practicing torah at high enough of a level, their knowledge far exceeds mine.

How many Rebbe's out there wear the red string? I don't know of any.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom

Yes, but this article is calling it 'magic'... I have heard it referred to as a segulah to ward off Ayin Hara...

But it seems to me they call it "magic" because it functions the same way.  The way they describe it also sounds like magic.  So how is it any better?

I don't consider it magic because it only works because I have absolute faith in HaKodesh Baruch Hu and know that amulets have no power of their own.

So then what does it do and how does it work (if it has no power of its own) ? 

I am just stating my opinion and my experience, I don't purport to speak about Jewish halacha or 'the' reason for these things.

In the Torah the explanation for the Tzit-Tzits is that we should see them and then remember all the 613 commandments. I believe I heard it said that in this way Tzittzits act as mnemonic devices, reminding us of the commandments, and thereby protecting us from the Yetzer Hara.

So to extend the idea further I believe that man is capable of forgetting the commandments, and forgetting Hashem. As some of the articles I posted previously point out, the eye is one of the most powerful organs of the human being. The other very powerful organ is the mouth... Another point is that in Shema when we discuss the tzit-tzits it says "So that you shall not wander after your eyes, or your heart...". Many of our sages are very clear that we must not look at forbidden things, to avert our gaze, lest the image become fixated in our minds to ultimately lead us astray.

The point I am getting to, my friends, is that by reminding ourselves constantly that we rely on Hashem for everything we provide protection against evil. Of course Hashem decides if we deserve anything, good or bad, and no amount of segulahs will protect a person who places trust in them. Those who have faith in Hashem and keep him in our thoughts constantly will be provided what is called in the Amidah the "Shield of Abraham". Abraham was protected from downfall because of his kindness, and his complete faith in Hashem {except for one minor incident which he was punished for}.

As low a human being as I allowed myself to become when I was off the derech I can easily become distracted and forget about Hashem. In my field {computer software engineering} we have many people who have attitudes, are arrogant, believe in themselves, etc... I had one co-worker who wore a shirt one day which read "I am my own hero" which caused me to rebuke him {he is not Jewish and we are still friends}.

In order to remind myself that I am just a lowly human being, and that my success is not due to my own work, only the Divine Providence that I am bestowed, I find that I must visually see things which are reminders of the Holy mission I am on.

My tzit-tzits, my Peyot, the Mezzuzah on my doors, and the Chamsa on my keychain all remind me of my Jewish identity.

I hope you will not judge me harshly because I have exposed my thoughts on this matter...

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/111921/jewish/The-Shield-of-Abraham.htm

It was not long after Abraham had settled in Canaan when four mighty kings got together. Chief of them was Chedarlaomer, the emperor of Elam. They were jealous of Abraham and were thinking how they could get rid of him. One of them had a bright idea. "You know," said he, "that Abraham's nephew Lot dwells in Sodom. Let us attack Sodom and capture him. Abraham is sure to try to free him. He will attack us with his handful of men. Then it will be easy for us to defeat him and kill him."

The plan was agreed upon by all.

Soon Abraham received the tragic news that his nephew was taken prisoner together with the king of Sodom. Although no less than five kings had banded themselves together to fight Chedarlaomer and his allies, they were defeated, for the four kings were mightier than the five.

Losing no time, Abraham gathered the 318 members of his household and pursued the victorious Chedarlaomer and his mighty army.

The four kings were very pleased to hear their plan seemed to work. They were ready for Abraham with confidence. But once again G-d sent wonderful miracles to help Abraham. The four kings fled in terror, leaving behind them Lot and all the other captives, together with all the spoil.

The king of Sodom and the other four kings, together with all their men, now gathered in a big plain to do honor to Abraham. "You have saved our lives and our people and our lands and our wealth," they said to Abraham. "Be our king now. We will serve you and worship you more than we worship our idols!"

Abraham would not hear of it. "I am but a human being, like yourselves," Abraham said to them in reply. "It was G-d who in His mercy helped me to free you. Let Him be your King and G-d, If you really want to show your gratitude to G-d, then be honest and kind to each other. Live in peace, and help the poor and needy. Then G-d will be good to you and protect you."

Abraham refused to take any reward, and returned home. He offered up a prayer to G-d for delivering him from the hands of the mighty enemy. "Almighty G-d," Abraham prayed, "not my might and not my army won the victory, but You in Your kindness and mercy saved me from the hands of my enemies. May I be worthy of Your mercy always."

When Abraham concluded his prayer, the angels in Heaven sang out their praises to G-d: "Blessed art Thou, O Lord our G-d, the Shield of Abraham."

Regarding Speech [Mouth] :

http://www.torah.org/learning/perceptions/5763/matos.html

Thus, before we allow someone to annul a vow, we have to ascertain that there is sufficient Torah cause to do so. Talk may be cheap to some, but from a Torah point of view, it is man's most creative power, capable of establishing reality. G-d made creation using speech, and man becomes a partner with G-d in bringing creation to fulfillment through his own power of speech.

Thus, in the script used to write a Sefer Torah, the letter Peh, which itself means "mouth," has the letter Bais inside of it (the negative space forms the letter), the first letter of the Torah and the word "Bereishis." It's as if the Bais, which represents creation, is emerging from the Peh, which it did when G-d spoke creation into being.

To sensitize us to our power of speech, the Arizal revealed that every word that leaves a person's mouth creates an angel. Good words, that is, words of which the Torah approves, create good angels, whereas bad words create bad angels, or prosecuting angels, both of which show up on our behalf or against us on Yom HaDin, the day of Final Judgment.

Thus, we have the concept of, "al tiftach peh l'Satan," which translates as, "Do not open you mouth to the Satan" (Kesuvos 8b). It seems that somehow, by bragging about something, we invite disaster, in the form of the Satan, or rather, the Prosecuting Angel (same thing) doing a serious investigation into our right to own such a good thing. Verbally calling attention to something good can create a reality of Divine judgment, as we see from the beginning of the story of Iyov. If only G-d hadn't bragged about Iyov's righteousness . . .

Hebrew Peh

Hebrew Bet
« Last Edit: July 15, 2010, 10:44:55 PM by muman613 »

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
From Chabad, Talmud Menachot concerning tzittzits and protection:

http://www.chabad.org/library/article_cdo/aid/530129/jewish/In-the-Words-of-the-Sages.htm

Rabbi Nattan said: there is no "minor" mitzvah in the Torah whose observance isn't rewarded in this world and the next. How much is the reward? Let us use the mitzvah of tzitzit as an example:

There was once a man who was meticulous in the observance of the mitzvah of tzitzit. He heard that there was a harlot in a faraway city who charged four hundred gold talents for her services. He sent her the exorbitant fee and set an appointed time to meet her. When he arrived at the appointed time ... she prepared for him seven beds, one atop the other -- six of silver and the highest one was made of gold. Six silver ladders led to the six silver beds, and a golden ladder led to the uppermost one. The prostitute unclothed herself and sat on the uppermost bed, and he, too, joined her. As he was unclothing himself, the four fringes of his tzitzit slapped him in his face. He immediately slid off the bed on to the floor, where he was quickly joined by the woman.

"I swear by the Roman Caesar," the harlot exclaimed, "I will not leave you until you reveal to me what flaw you have found in me!"

"I swear," the Jew replied, "that I have never seen a woman as beautiful as you. However, there is one mitzvah which we were commanded by our G‑d, and tzitzit is its name. Concerning this mitzvah it is twice stated in the Torah 'I am the L-rd your G‑d' -- 'I am the one who will seek retribution, and I am the one who will reward.' Now the four tzitzit appeared to me as four witnesses, testifying to this truth."

"I still will not leave you," the prostitute said, "until you provide me with your name, the names of your city, rabbi and the school in which you study Torah."

He wrote down all the information and handed it to her.

The woman sold all her possessions. A third of the money she gave to the government (as a payoff so that they would allow her to convert to Judaism), a third she handed out to the poor, and the remaining third she took with her -- along with the silver and gold beds -- and she proceeded to the school which the man had named, the study hall of Rabbi Chiya.

"Rabbi," she said to Rabbi Chiya, "I would like to convert to Judaism."

"Perhaps," Rabbi Chiya responded, "you desire to convert because you have taken a liking to a Jewish man?"

The woman pulled out the piece of paper with the information and related to the rabbi the miracle which transpired with the tzitzit.

"You may go and claim that which is rightfully yours [i.e. the right to convert]," the rabbi proclaimed.

She ended up marrying the man. Those very beds which she originally prepared for him illicitly, she now prepared for him lawfully. Such was his reward for meticulously observing the mitzvah of tzitzit.

And the reward in the World-to-Come? That we cannot even fathom!

-- Talmud Menachot 44a.

The numerical value of the word tzitzit is 600, with eight strings and five knots -- this equals 613, the amount of the commandments of the Torah. -- Pesikta Zutreta Shelach.

PS: I realize I am talking about Tzittzits and not red-string bracelets, but I already addressed that several postings ago... Red-string bracelets are not a recognized segulah for anything, according to the Rabbis.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
I was shopping online and saw a Hamsa I wanted to get my Mom for her purse [she collects Hamsas] and it happened to come with a red string.  I ordered the Hamsa and when it came I sent the Hamsa itself to my Mom, and kept the red string for myself [the entire package cost $10, Hamsa and string together...  I can hardly believe people pay $26 for just a string!  I would have been willing to pay $10 for just the Hamsa.]. -- I wore the string for fun. -- I had no belief that a piece of red string will help me in any way on its own.  However such an item, to a person with the right mentality, has the power to inspire [sort of like how a Kippah can inspire a good person to remember HaShem is above them at all times, and the need to not act like one is the Master of their own universe, whereas a non-pious Jew would not be inspired by wearing a Kippah at all]. -- The greatest direct benefit I remember resulting from me wearing the string was that a very kind Israeli woman stopped her car in the middle of the road [literally], yelled to me if spoke Hebrew, and when I explained I could not she still offered me a ride ALL the way across the San Fernando Valley from a Wal-mart all the way to my home [at that time I was usually taking the bus], once we were riding along she told me that she had stopped because I had a Kippah, beard, dark clothes, and a red string on my left hand [she even said she thought I might be a Rabbi!  What an extremely flattering comment; even if I definitely do not deserve such a compliment it was very touching to receive, and quite memorable.].  I will always remember this day because it was shortly after I began wearing a kippah on a regular basis.  It was an EXTREMELY hot day as well, so Baruch HaShem extra extra for working a ride out for me on this day!  It was not the only time a kind Jew has stopped their car on the side of the road to offer me a ride home; the other time a kind Jew has stopped their car to give me a ride home I was not wearing a red string, just a kippah and beard [I was running late getting home for Shabbos, and wearing a backpack; the man wanted to make sure I got home before Shabbat before sundown as to not be struggling with items on Shabbos... I was only a few blocks from my home and would have still made it home in time for Shabbat candles etc, but the fact this man cared made my Shabbot FANTASTIC!].

If I remember correctly, the red string is an invention based upon some ideas.  I don't remember all of the reasons in it, but some of it was inspiring [at least to me in some ways].  Such as the wool starts out white, and white is the highest visible color in the spectrum and is associated with purity...  while red [or brown] is the lowest color in the visible spectrum, or the least pure.  While a white string is dyed red; the string is actually still white but only contains dye.  I think the idea of putting red into something that is white had something to do with how a medical vaccination contains a small bit of the disease which is being vaccinated against.  By wearing a white string [which represents purity] which has red dye in it [representing impurity] one is supposed to be inoculated against evil [or impurity].  I might not remember all there is to what came with my string, but it was interesting enough to me.

I recommend not paying $26 for string.  :::D
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline mord

• Global Moderator
  • Platinum JTF Member
I had one for free when i was visiting kavar Rachel a man there told me to take a string from the cover of her kaver. I thought that was terrible and the thread pulling would damage the cover.He took a thread out and put it around my hand with 7 knots 
Thy destroyers and they that make thee waste shall go forth of thee.  Isaiah 49:17

Shot at 2010-01-03

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
I think people should be more worried about GIVING an 'evil eye', rather than receiving one.

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
I think people should be more worried about GIVING an 'evil eye', rather than receiving one.

That is part of the equation also. Remember the 10th commandment:

"You shall not covet your friend's house; or his wife, servant, ox, donkey, or anything that belongs to your friend."

http://www.chabad.org/parshah/article_cdo/aid/254115/jewish/The-Most-Difficult-Commandment.htm

A somewhat appropos article considering my particular circumstance:

http://www.aish.com/f/mom/48931552.html

My Neighbor's Car
by Emuna Braverman

Someone else always has something we want.

A bigger house, a remodeled kitchen, a newer car, a more exotic vacation, a better job...And it’s not always superficial or material -- a husband, children, grandchildren. Our ability to covet is as infinite as are the possibilities. (Actually it’s probably not coveting since we don’t want their actual possession only something very similar.)

There are two basic attitudes we can adopt in these situations: pleasure and hope or jealousy and despair. Seems like a no-brainer, doesn't it. Yet most of us choose the latter. We see someone’s good and we think, “It’s not fair. Why did they get that and not me?” And possibly even worse thoughts. And we spiral downwards. With this attitude we cause ourselves further pain.

The more positive option has two principles. The first is something I call the "Helena Rosenberg principle." Helena got married in her late 30’s and was very anxious to have children. This didn’t happen easily and she was forced to consult an infertility specialist. Sitting in his office she observed the many expectant women around her. “Didn’t that depress you?” asked her friend. “Seeing all those women who have what you so desperately want?”

"If it could happen to them, it could happen to me as well.”

“Are you kidding?’ responded Helena. “It gave me hope. If it could happen to them, it could happen to me as well.” Thus was born the "Helena Rosenberg principle," founded on hope and optimism and clearly the more positive way to approach life.

Principle Number Two is a fundamental Jewish idea: a good eye, an ayin tov. This is not an optometric evaluation; it is a description of character. A good eye means we want the good of others, we rejoice in their good. Someone else’s pleasures and accomplishments are a joy to us. This takes effort but has tremendous payoff. Instead of a life of depression and disappointment, we can cultivate and experience of almost constant joy.

The real secret to both these attitudes is of course the recognition that everything comes from the Almighty, and that He has given us exactly what we need. He only wants our good and His capacity to give is endless. No one else’s good impinges on or limits the potential of ours.

It’s hard sometimes. There are things we want very badly -- more frequently husbands than yachts, although you never know. But knowing clearly that the Almighty, Who has brought so much joy to our friends’ lives, wants to bring just as much to ours, immediately lifts our spirits.

Our attitude and thoughts deeply affect our emotional state. It’s within our ability to choose a constricted life of jealousy and resentment or an open and joyful one that fully embraces the delights and pleasures of those we love. Put that way, it’s hard to believe we’ve been choosing that negative road for so long.

And that others have put up with it. But it won’t last. Moods are contagious and most people want to “catch” a happy mood, not a depressed one. Most people gravitate towards upbeat and positive people and ignore grumpy, negative ones. I think we all want to attract people, not push them away. Taking real pleasure in their good and walking away with a greater sense of hope and trust from every encounter certainly helps accomplish this goal. And it just makes life a lot more fun.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "Remember the 10th commandment:  "You shall not covet your friend's house; or his wife, servant, ox, donkey, or anything that belongs to your friend."

Easy one to obey ...

Just don't have any friends!

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
If you are strong and centered, evil will not dare come near you.

You need to keep your awareness in your own body.

Offline Abben

• Master JTFer
  • Down with obama!
I said it since day 1 he doesn't know what he is doing. He doesn't even belong in that office

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
I said it since day 1 he doesn't know what he is doing. He doesn't even belong in that office
I don't care for the man because he holds fast to 75% of the sort of policy that would destroy New York State even more then it already is... He seems like a nice enough guy however and since his own party stabbed him in the back he has decided to speak out.... He comes on one of the local radio stations 710 am on Thursday Mornings and answers some of the most outlandish questions very honestly....He actually has put cards on the table speaking of the state legislature wanting to borrow money to continue the same policies that got us where we are now.... He spelled out how the state has for years worked with surplus money and delayed payments in order to keep things going and how the well is now dry with that system....It's sad to see that politicians need a stab in the back to wake up but if this is what was needed to get a workable budget out of the legislature Patterson was dead meat anyway...One thing he did say that no matter who's in office next time around the money troubles are not leaving anytime soon.... He said the people of New York need to drop party politics and listen to what the candidates are saying and pick the best man for the job. 
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years