Author Topic: Sing US One Of The Songs Of Zion Tehillim 137  (Read 1025 times)

Offline AsheDina

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
Sing US One Of The Songs Of Zion Tehillim 137
« on: July 21, 2010, 12:31:04 PM »
Tehillim 137 (Psalm 137)

By the rivers of Babylon, there we sat and also wept when we remembered Zion.

On the willows within it we hung out lyres.

For our captors requested words of song from us, with out lyres (playing) joyous (music) “Sing for us from Zion’s songs.”

How can we sing the song of HaShem upon alien soil?

If I forget you O Jerusalem, let my right hand forget it’s skill. Let my tongue adhere to my palate if I fail to recall you, if I fail to elevate Jerusalem above my foremost joy.

Remember, HaShem, for the offspring of Edom, the day of Jerusalem – for those who say, “Destroy, Destroy,” to its very foundation.

O violated daughter of Babylon – praiseworthy is he who repays you in accordance with the manner that you treated us. Praiseworthy is he who will clutch and dash your infants against the rock.

SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
Re: Sing US One Of The Songs Of Zion Tehillim 137
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2010, 04:21:59 PM »
NOBODY liked this?  :'(
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2010, 04:51:17 PM »
I love that Psalm.... Thank you for posting it...

You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2010, 05:03:30 PM »
I think this Tehillim is also appropriate for today..

http://www.chabad.org/library/bible_cdo/aid/16360

Tehillim - Psalms - Chapter 139

1. For the conductor. Of David, a song. O Lord, You have searched me out and You know.         א.
2. You know my sitting and my rising; You understand how to attach me from afar.         ב.
3. My going about and my lying down You encompassed, and You are accustomed to all my ways.         ג.
4. For there is no word on my tongue; behold, O Lord, You know it all.         ד.
5. From the rear and the front You encompassed me, and You placed Your pressure upon me.         ה.
6. Knowledge is hidden from me; it is hard, I cannot attain it.         ו.
7. Where shall I go from Your spirit, and where shall I flee from Your presence?         ז.
8. If I ascend to the heavens, there You are, and if I make my bed in the grave, behold, You are there.         ח.
9. [If] I take up the wings of dawn, [if] I dwell at the end of the west,         ט.
10. There too, Your hand will lead me, and Your right hand will grasp me.         י.
11. I said, "Darkness will darken me, and the night will be dark about me."         יא.
12. Even darkness will not obscure [anything] from You, and the night will light up like day; as darkness so is the light.         יב.
13. For You created my reigns, You covered me in my mother's womb.         יג.
14. I shall thank You for in an awesome, wondrous way I was fashioned; Your works are wondrous, and my soul knows it very well.         יד.
15. My essence was not hidden from You, when I was made in secret, I was formed in the lowest parts of the earth.         טו.
16. Your eyes saw my unformed body, and on Your book they were all written; days have been formed and one of them is His.         טז.
17. And to me, how dear are Your friends, O Lord! How great is their sum!         יז.
18. I shall count them; they are more numerous than sand; I have come to the end, and I am still with You.         יח.
19. If only You would slay the wicked, O God, and men of blood, "Turn away from me."         יט.
20. Who mention You with wicked thought; Your enemies took it up in vain.         כ.
21. Did I not hate Your enemies, O Lord? With those who rise up against You, I quarrel.         כא.
22. I hate them with utmost hatred; they have become my enemies.         כב.
23. Search me out, O God, and know my heart; test me and know my thoughts.         כג.
24. And see whether there is any vexatious way about me, and lead me in the way of the world.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #4 on: July 21, 2010, 05:05:57 PM »
Me and my good blog buddy friend, he is a surgeon, we talk about Zion all the time, and one thing we both have in common is we get weepy.  I dont know why.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #5 on: July 21, 2010, 05:13:24 PM »
Me and my good blog buddy friend, he is a surgeon, we talk about Zion all the time, and one thing we both have in common is we get weepy.  I dont know why.

Did you observe Tish B'Av yesterday? It was a fast day to remember the destruction of the Temple... We all cry about it...

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2010, 05:21:23 PM »

Did you observe Tish B'Av yesterday? It was a fast day to remember the destruction of the Temple... We all cry about it...

Yes, I did, Muman.  I cried all day too, right from my heart.  I ate this am.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל