Author Topic: Rising Antisemitism in America  (Read 2647 times)

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
  • All souls praise Hashem, Hallelukah!
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Rising Antisemitism in America
« on: July 28, 2010, 03:44:13 PM »
I am sad to announce that I do believe that America is heading toward Nazi-like antisemitism within the next four years. The # of antisemitic incidences in America have been increasing, and the numbers outnumber the other hate crimes against Blacks, Muslims, and gays.

Here in California there was a recent story of a highschool spray-painted with swastikas and other nazi slogans... Today I read on A7 that in Maryland there is a shul which was defaced with similar Nazi signage..

It is imperative that a Jew own a gun in order to protect himself in this age. There will be no police to protect us because many within the police are muslim and anti-semitic to begin with. I also recommend that Jews who go to Shul sit down together and work out safety measures, gun training, and surveillance of all potential enemies {mosques, etc.}...

http://www.israelnationalnews.com/News/News.aspx/138837

Synagogue in Maryland Vandalized
Av 18, 5770, 29 July 10 12:24
by Elad Benari

(Israelnationalnews.com) A synagogue in Olney, Maryland was vandalized earlier this week.

Parents who arrived to drop off their children at B’Nai Shalom Synagogue’s summer day camp on Monday morning discovered that anti-Semitic words and symbols, including swastikas and the words “Arbeit Macht Frei” (work will set you free, the same words that were on the sign above the Auschwitz concentration camp) and “Juden raus” (Jews out), were spray-painted along the building.

A pile of coins was left at the door of the synagogue, possibly to indicate that Jews are money hungry .Two homes in the vicinity were also spray-painted with swastikas.

Synagogue Rabbi Ari Sunshine said during an interview with NBC News that he did not immediately have the graffiti painted over so that his congregants could see what had happened:  “If we just cover over the words and the symbols and get rid of it in the next hour or two hours, without a chance for people to come together and work at that and symbolically stand together as we remove these words, then a great teaching opportunity will have been lost.”

Community President Debbie Kovalsky said during an interview with community publication ‘Gazette.net’ that the damage is “heart wrenching to see. The fact that someone out there is knowledgeable about this kind of hate, this is more upsetting than some teenager with spray-paint… We will heal, but this should not be tolerated in any community.”

The vandals have not yet been caught. Montgomery County police are investigating the attack as a hate crime.

This is the second crime against a synagogue in the past week. On Friday, an explosion hit the Jewish synagogue in Malmo, Sweden, shattering three window panes but causing no injuries. This followed another explosion in the same synagogue two weeks earlier, again without injuries.

The number of anti-Semitic incidents around the world has risen over the last year to troubling numbers. According to a report published in April by the Stephen Roth Institute for the Study of Contemporary Anti-Semitism and Racism at Tel Aviv University, 2009 was the worst in terms of anti-Semitism. In the United States 116 anti-Semitic incidents were recorded, up from 98 in 2008.

In Sweden, 79 anti-Semitic crimes were reported in 2009 in Malmo alone. The continued anti-Semitic acts have caused many Jews to flee the town.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0728-adl-20100728,0,6386524.story
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities
Duet 16:13-14

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
Re: Rising Antisemitism in America
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2010, 03:45:59 PM »

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-0728-adl-20100728,0,6386524.story

Report finds increase in anti-Semitic incidents in California

According to the Anti-Defamation League, reports of anti-Semitic acts, ranging from taunts and threats to violence, in the state rose 20% for the second straight year.

By Mitchell Landsberg, Los Angeles Times

July 28, 2010
Advertisement

The Anti-Defamation League said Tuesday that it had tallied a sharp uptick in anti-Semitic incidents in California last year, many of them involving taunts, threats and insults by adolescents and teenagers.

In one typical example, the league said, a Jewish middle school teacher in Los Angeles found swastikas drawn on her classroom door and a note, also featuring swastikas, that read, "You're next."

"These are not necessarily kids who are filled with hatred in their hearts and mean to be malicious," said Amanda Susskind, regional director for the organization. Some of the acts are seemingly casual, and reflect a sensibility in which "hate is hip," she said. She said the trend was troubling and may reflect the pervasiveness of hate speech on the Internet.

She also blamed the broader increase in anti-Semitic incidents, some of them violent, on the confluence of three events: the election of President Obama, the recession and the Israeli incursion into the Gaza Strip. Combined, she said, they had emboldened extremists and led to a coarsening of the tone of national debate.

She added that the arrest and conviction of rogue financier Bernard Madoff, who is Jewish, contributed to a lot of anti-Semitic "chatter."

One former regional director of the league, David Lehrer, took exception to Susskind's analysis, saying it was wrong to focus on "idiots … and random sociopaths" who, he believes, have little influence in American society.

"By every metric that measures acceptance and tolerance, America is more accepting of differences and diversity than ever in our history," said Lehrer, president of a nonprofit organization, Community Advocates, that is critical of conventional approaches to civil rights.

The Anti-Defamation League's report also seems at odds with a report on hate crime issued last week by California Atty. Gen. Jerry Brown. That survey showed that crimes motivated by anti-Semitism declined in 2009, as did crimes motivated by hatred against other religious and ethnic groups. Overall, Brown's report showed a 20% drop in offenses that are deemed hate crimes.

Susskind said the league was monitoring a much broader range of incidents, many of which are not crimes. She also noted that in Brown's report, 76% of the hate crimes motivated by religious bias were against Jews. Muslims were next, at 6%.

Although the league found that reports of anti-Semitic acts in California increased by 20% for the second straight year, the organization's figures show anti-Semitic acts nationally declining from 1,352 in 2008 to 1,211 last year. However, the league noted that it had raised the bar in some regions for what counts as anti-Semitism — for example, including reports of swastikas only when they were clearly aimed at Jews.

In California, Susskind said, the league had already been applying the stricter standards after finding that swastikas sometimes reflected hatred for groups other than Jews and sometimes had no apparent meaning as symbols of hate.
You shall make yourself the Festival of Sukkoth for seven days, when you gather in [the produce] from your threshing floor and your vat.And you shall rejoice in your Festival-you, and your son, and your daughter, and your manservant, and your maidservant, and the Levite, and the stranger, and the orphan, and the widow, who are within your cities

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2010, 04:53:28 PM »
Jews need to crack a few heads and show these scum they're not to be taken lightly. Cowards always pick soft targets.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!

Offline david1967

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2010, 05:19:25 PM »
Jews always take the blame during difficult economic times.  In addition, many people are angry at the Obama administration and the Deomocrats.  Obama followed the old Soviet model and put many Jews in high profile positions.  In this way, some people blame the Jews, so Obama gets less blame.  I wonder if that strategy was in Saul Alinsky's, who was Jewish, playbook.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2010, 07:21:28 PM »
It is time for Jews to vote republican and stop funding the democratic party
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2010, 08:05:22 PM »
True points but I somehow doubt that the average anti-Semitic cockroach cares if Jews are liberal or conservative.

Smart Jews need to make aliyah and then bring about regime change in Israel.

Offline Christian Zionist

• Master JTFer
  • homosexuality is an abomination to God-Lev.18:22
« Reply #6 on: July 28, 2010, 10:05:29 PM »
True points but I somehow doubt that the average anti-Semitic cockroach cares if Jews are liberal or conservative.

Correct.  Making Aliyah is the ideal solution for Jews.    Before that they need to expel all muslims from the promised land.
Isaiah 62:1 -  For Zion's sake I am not silent, And for Jerusalem's sake I do not rest, Till her righteousness go out as brightness, And her salvation, as a torch that burns.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: July 28, 2010, 10:50:51 PM »

Exactly!   They hate Jews just because they're Jews.  They don't need anymore reason than that. 

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #8 on: July 28, 2010, 11:23:46 PM »
I am sad to announce that I do believe that America is heading toward Nazi-like antisemitism within the next four years.

Why four years?

Offline muman613

• Platinum JTF Member
    • muman613 Torah Wisdom
« Reply #9 on: July 28, 2010, 11:27:10 PM »
I am sad to announce that I do believe that America is heading toward Nazi-like antisemitism within the next four years.

Why four years?

I originally was going to say six to ten years, then I revised my estimate down... This is just based on my personal experience. I have been extremely lucky because I have only once experienced what could be called antisemitism here in California. A muslim gas-station attendant did not want to give me directions {while his Muslim wife told me how to get to my destination}.

As I said, this is just my personal feeling about the trend. I think it will get worse before it gets better.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2010, 04:40:01 AM »
In the past 2 years I have had 4 encounters with anti-Semites directly, since I started wearing a kippah [or head covering] daily. 

A skinhead who hoisted himself near completely out of the passenger side of a car passing by me yelling, "he hates Jews like me".

An old Arab man who called me a, "kike", while he walked by me as I was waiting for the bus on a bench.

A letter in the mail from an anonymous person who threatened me [and my cats] if I did not move out of my apartment, he [?] was very offended by my Hannukiah in addition to my kippah, and suggested he would use my Sephardic kippah [which features rings as the design] as a bulls-eye.

A man who aggressively got directly in my face, nearly touching me, who said in a hateful voice, "there is only one lord and he rose from the dead".

Another man, whom I am not sure is an actual anti-Semite, started honking at me and my friend while crossing a street [despite her being on the other side of the street headed away from his truck, and I on the verge of crossing the street headed in the same direction], who parked his car in the middle of the street, got out of his car and walked up to take a swing at me after I shrugged my shoulders and asked, "what his problem was". [I blocked his punch and cleaned his clock a few times krav maga style, he then got back in his truck and drove away, and reported the incident to the police].  The man said no words to me the entire time, and at the time I had my kippah on, a giant beard [about the length of Matishahu's], peyos, and was ready for Shabbat [dressed in a suit w/ no tie] [my roommate says its pretty obvious I'm a Jew and religious, so I often wonder why this man started so aggressively with me when I was nearly crossed over the street he wished to drive by, and he was not even on the street when my roommate and I began crossing this street; in my mind I have a strong inkling to think this man had some anti-Semitic thoughts in his head when he provoked the encounter, but I can't be 100% sure.].

I'm not a small man, and I just turned 32.  I am a bit overweight, perhaps, but of a large build and fairly strong.  I see a lot of Jews at my Shul who are smaller than me.  If these people think I am an easy mark it makes me worry about other Jews who are smaller, or much further aged than I.

Krav Maga helped me deal with an incident this year in a way that was completely one-sided in my favor, despite being attacked out of the blue.  Anti-Semites watch out!!
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2010, 08:04:10 AM »
I find myself in a terrible place with this Jew HATE.  That is what it is.  I keep telling Jews that I love to please come forth and rebuke the Jews that are for abortion of babies, fag marriage, undermining America, etc. 

67% of Americans support Israel, so it is not really the Israel factor, it is the behavior of Liberal Jews that voted Obama.  I am sorry that people will get angry at this, but I am on the blogosphere and not hardly a day goes by where I hear "Why did Jews vote Obama?"  "Why are Jews for abortion?"  "Why do Jews think that black people are God?"

It is what it is, it is up to us, and ANY God fearig righteous gentile to point this out. It is imperitive to rebuke these Erav Rav.

There are always going to be people that just hate Jews just because, but for the rest, they deserve to know that we do NOT stand with these anti-American, anti-Christian, Moslem lovin "Jews"
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2010, 08:05:04 AM »
In the past 2 years I have had 4 encounters with anti-Semites directly, since I started wearing a kippah [or head covering] daily. 

A skinhead who hoisted himself near completely out of the passenger side of a car passing by me yelling, "he hates Jews like me".

An old Arab man who called me a, "kike", while he walked by me as I was waiting for the bus on a bench.

A letter in the mail from an anonymous person who threatened me [and my cats] if I did not move out of my apartment, he [?] was very offended by my Hannukiah in addition to my kippah, and suggested he would use my Sephardic kippah [which features rings as the design] as a bulls-eye.

A man who aggressively got directly in my face, nearly touching me, who said in a hateful voice, "there is only one lord and he rose from the dead".

Another man, whom I am not sure is an actual anti-Semite, started honking at me and my friend while crossing a street [despite her being on the other side of the street headed away from his truck, and I on the verge of crossing the street headed in the same direction], who parked his car in the middle of the street, got out of his car and walked up to take a swing at me after I shrugged my shoulders and asked, "what his problem was". [I blocked his punch and cleaned his clock a few times krav maga style, he then got back in his truck and drove away, and reported the incident to the police].  The man said no words to me the entire time, and at the time I had my kippah on, a giant beard [about the length of Matishahu's], peyos, and was ready for Shabbat [dressed in a suit w/ no tie] [my roommate says its pretty obvious I'm a Jew and religious, so I often wonder why this man started so aggressively with me when I was nearly crossed over the street he wished to drive by, and he was not even on the street when my roommate and I began crossing this street; in my mind I have a strong inkling to think this man had some anti-Semitic thoughts in his head when he provoked the encounter, but I can't be 100% sure.].

I'm not a small man, and I just turned 32.  I am a bit overweight, perhaps, but of a large build and fairly strong.  I see a lot of Jews at my Shul who are smaller than me.  If these people think I am an easy mark it makes me worry about other Jews who are smaller, or much further aged than I.

Krav Maga helped me deal with an incident this year in a way that was completely one-sided in my favor, despite being attacked out of the blue.  Anti-Semites watch out!!
Do you have a gun, Ari??
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #13 on: July 29, 2010, 08:06:27 AM »
Also, point out the fact that 32 Christmas songs were written by Jews.  We tell this at every place we sing, and people are always shocked AND delighted with this.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: July 29, 2010, 08:07:40 AM »
ALSO:
Hayim Solomon, bring up as well. It is fact that America would not be anything if it were not for patriotic Jews and also Confederate Jews that fought for states rights.

OR, you can be like me as well, and tell Jew haters to just go to hell.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: July 29, 2010, 09:23:35 AM »
it is the behavior of Liberal Jews that voted Obama. 

It's just an excuse.  They hate Jews irrationally and will use any excuse.

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2010, 09:46:46 AM »
I agree. Most of the anti-Semites are leftist themselves after all.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2010, 10:41:23 AM »

Regular old normal Joe is angry at the Jews for voting Obama.  We cant do right, no matter what. If you love God and patriotic and right wing, they hate you b/c you support the people of Israel. If you are a lunatic left wing Jew, the right says "Why did YOU vote Obama"
Just blame us, we are used to it. so f it.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

Offline IsraeliGovtAreKapos

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 10:43:52 AM »
No, we're not used to it, anti-Semitism will continue until the Redemption. Fighting it within the Galut (Exile) is lunatic and impossible, and Jews shouldn't expect anything from Gentile countries - these are not our countries and we shouldn't get involved with their business as long as it doesn't threaten Jews.

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 11:30:43 AM »
No, we're not used to it, anti-Semitism will continue until the Redemption. Fighting it within the Galut (Exile) is lunatic and impossible, and Jews shouldn't expect anything from Gentile countries - these are not our countries and we shouldn't get involved with their business as long as it doesn't threaten Jews.

Israeli leaders are Jew haters, willing to give away Gush Katif, Judea And Samaria. 
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2010, 11:32:08 AM »

Regular old normal Joe is angry at the Jews for voting Obama.  We cant do right, no matter what. If you love G-d and patriotic and right wing, they hate you b/c you support the people of Israel. If you are a lunatic left wing Jew, the right says "Why did YOU vote Obama"
Just blame us, we are used to it. so f it.

Regular old normal Joe voted for obama.

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2010, 11:33:13 AM »

Israeli leaders are Jew haters, willing to give away Gush Katif, Judea And Samaria. 

And if we had more good Jews in Israel we'd have a chance of dethroning them.   If none of the good Jews leaves galut, how will there be a regime change?

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #22 on: July 29, 2010, 11:34:22 AM »

So we should replace them, why surrender?

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #23 on: July 29, 2010, 11:46:32 AM »
Ron Juan wrote:
Fighting it within the Galut (Exile) is lunatic and impossible,

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Just look at what the JDL did when Chaim was in charge. 

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #24 on: July 29, 2010, 11:51:10 AM »
Ron Juan wrote:
Fighting it within the Galut (Exile) is lunatic and impossible,

Sorry, I have to disagree.  Just look at what the JDL did when Chaim was in charge. 

What Rav Kahane and Chaim did during the JDL era was not to fight anti-Semitism. Its aim was to liberate the Soviet Jews and defend Jews from anti-Semites and not to stop anti-Semitism (an idea that has been tried for all over the Galut era, and never succeeded, Sinat Olam Le'Am Olam).