Author Topic: 35 Violent Kashmiri muslim protesters killed by Indian forces  (Read 871 times)

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
35 Violent Kashmiri muslim protesters killed by Indian forces
« on: August 03, 2010, 01:37:04 AM »

INDIAN SECURITY forces fired on a protest in the disputed province of Kashmir yesterday, killing seven people and injuring about 60 as tens of thousands demonstrated against New Delhi’s rule over their predominantly Muslim region.

Similar protests over the last seven weeks by Kashmiri youths, who have defied a curfew and hurled stones and rocks at security forces, have left 35 people dead from police fire, 10 of them at the weekend.

In parliament yesterday federal home minister P Chidambaram acknowledged that the situation in Kashmir had “taken a serious turn” over the past few days.

Kashmir’s chief minister Omar Abdullah met Indian prime minister Manmohan Singh in Delhi yesterday to discuss ways to defuse the cycle of violence in his state.

“The need is to end the violence. Some semblance of normalcy has to be a precursor for any political initiative” Mr Abdullah said.

“I want your co-operation to defeat these elements who are using the blood of the youth for their political interests,” he said on state-run television.

The recent unrest in Kashmir, which is divided between nuclear rivals India and Pakistan but claimed by both, is reminiscent of the late 1980s when protests against Delhi’s rule sparked an armed conflict that claimed almost 70,000 lives, mostly civilians.

Officials concede that the latest rounds of shootings are cyclical. Thousands of Kashmiri Muslims chanting “Go India, go back” and “We want freedom” held massive street protests in the provincial summer capital Srinagar and other small towns. They attacked security forces’ camps with rocks and burned police stations and government buildings.

Government forces – mostly police and federal paramilitaries – responded with live ammunition and tear gas, leading to the deaths of civilians. Highly charged funeral processions in turn triggered additional violence and fatalities which Mr Abdullah’s government seems unable to contain.

The death in early June of a 17-year-old student sparked off the rolling series of protests against Indian rule. Separatist Kashmiri politicians and militants want to carve out an independent Islamic homeland or merge with predominantly Muslim Pakistan.

Since independence in 1947 India and Pakistan have fought two of their three wars and a border skirmish over Kashmir.

http://www.irishtimes.com/newspaper/world/2010/0803/1224276087555.html

At least two people have been killed in Indian-administered Kashmir in a second day of protests against Indian rule.

Indian police and paramilitaries fired live ammunition and tear gas as demonstrators threw stones.

Protesters gathered in several places to defy an indefinite curfew imposed by the Indian authorities in all major towns across the Kashmir valley.

The curfew was ordered after four people died on Friday as Indian forces dispersed demonstrating crowds.

Twenty-three people, mostly teenagers, have now been killed in the last seven weeks in such clashes, says the BBC's Altaf Hussain, in Srinagar, the capital of Indian-administered Kashmir.
'Excessive force'

India and Pakistan both claim mostly Muslim Kashmir in its entirety; the nuclear-armed neighbours have fought two of their three wars over the Himalayan territory.

In Saturday's violence, a young man was killed in northern Naidkhai village when Indian forces opened fire as a group of protesters tried to attack a police camp, according to police.

Later in the day, another man was killed when Indian forces opened fire at rock-throwing protesters in neighbouring Baramulla town, police said.

Our correspondent says those killed had bullet wounds in the upper parts of their bodies. Several others were injured.

Protesters also torched two Indian Air Force vehicles in Pampore, a town on the outskirts of Srinagar, police said.

Meanwhile, a group of people in Sopore town set fire to a railway station.

Jammu and Kashmir Law Minister Ali Mohammad Sagar earlier this week accused Indian police of using excessive force against unarmed protesters. Indian authorities denied the charge.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-south-asia-10828633

--------------
I'm so glad that UN, Amnesty, USA are keeping out of all this. No International pressure, thats when Indian Forces work best.

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: 35 Violent Kashmiri muslim protesters killed by Indian forces
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2010, 01:53:48 AM »
I hope they shoot every muslim in Kashmir.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, 02:13:25 AM »
where's the international outrage?? If it was Israel the world would have a field day

Offline syyuge

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, 02:37:43 AM »
Israeli sensors and UAVs and Indian Insas have stopped the intrusion of terrorists to a large extent, so the muslamic terrorists are now inciting the  muslamic lizard children to crawl out to the streets.

The renegade state of India i.e. Papistan666 is behind this muslamic turmoil. All papis to be shot and India should control this whole Papistan again and rename the region as Punyasthan.   

There are thunders and sparks in the skies, because Faraday invented the electricity.

Offline ✡ Hindu Zionist ॐ

• Master JTFer
  • India- Most pro-Israel country of the world!
« Reply #4 on: August 03, 2010, 03:19:37 AM »
where's the international outrage?? If it was Israel the world would have a field day
I think because most countries want to get a piece of India's economic pie. UK PM James Cameron was in India 2 days back, and in the backdrop of Kashmiri protest, did not utter a single word on Kashmir, Infact suggested that Pak was indulging in cross border terrorism into India. Unlike American administration, UK does not have the same level of interest vested in Pakistan or Kashmir.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #5 on: August 03, 2010, 03:24:16 AM »
Well, the Muslims have killed over 80 million Hindus, and have stolen the Hindu land the currently reside upon...  so Muslims have no right to be upset.  Good job forces of India; Kashmir belongs to India.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline TruthSpreader

• Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #6 on: August 03, 2010, 07:30:01 AM »
I hope they shoot every muslim in Kashmir.

Not only that they should every last Muslim in India. I know it's a little unrealistic but I know it would make me happy.

Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision