Author Topic: R. Giuliani: GZ Mosque is a 'desecration,' 'decent Muslims' won't be offended  (Read 396 times)

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
http://www.politico.com/blogs/maggiehaberman/0810/Rudy_Mosque_is_a_desecration_.html?showall

Rudy: GZ Mosque is a 'desecration,' 'decent Muslims' won't be offended - Maggie Haberman: Rudy: GZ Mosque is a 'desecration,' 'decent Muslims' won't be offended

Rudy: GZ Mosque is a 'desecration,' 'decent Muslims' won't be offended

This went way under the radar more than three weeks ago, but Rudy Giuliani made what, as best as I can tell, were his first public comments about the planned mosque near ground zero on the Jeff Katz show on radio (someone will I'm sure correct me if I'm wrong).

He takes a very hard line, including saying that "decent Muslims" will not be offended by the opposition because they want peace as much as others do.

I had been struck by how nonvisible Giuliani, who is generally known as the face of ground zero, had been on this issue. (A nexis search under his name, Ground Zero and mosque revealed no TV transcripts for the past month).

Here are as much of the quotes as I was able to cull from the temperamental audio (the relevant portion starts at about minute 8:30):

"It sends a particularly bad message, particularly (because) of the background of the imam who is supporting this. This is an Imam who has supported radical causes, who has not been forthright in condemning Islamic (terrorism) and the worst instincts that that brings about.

"So it not only is exactly the wrong place, right at ground zero, but it's a mosque supported by an imam who has a record of support for causes that were sympathetic with terrorism. Come on! We're gonna allow that at ground zero?

"This is a desecration," he added. "Nobody would allow something like that at Pearl Harbor. Let's have some respect for who died there and why they died there. Let's not put this off on some kind of politically correct theory.

"I mean, they died there because of Islamic extremist terrorism. They are our enemy, we can say that, the world will not end when we say that. And the reality is, it will not and should not insult any decent Muslim because decent Muslims should be as opposed to Islamic extremism as you and I are."

UPDATE: A h/t to Slate for this.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
Rudy always made sence. NY needs him right now Mike Bloomberg is a discrace to NY and Jews everywhere.
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
Giuliani probably would have better candidate than Hanoi John in 2008, and probably would have tried harder to win.