Author Topic: History of Grand Funk- battle with manager Terry Knight- Knight sues for 57 mil  (Read 1893 times)

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Terry knight was murdered a few years ago.  I think by his daughter's boyfriend.

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
From what I've read Terry Knight threw away all those millions and ended up broke, living in his daughter's apartment.  Then he was murdered.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "Terry knight was murdered a few years ago.  I think by his daughter's boyfriend. "

Hate to admit that I go back so far that I remember a hit on the radio by "Terry Knight and The Pack"!      :'(

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "From what I've read Terry Knight threw away all those millions and ended up broke, living in his daughter's apartment.  Then he was murdered. "

By "threw away", do you mean "squandered"?

If so that would pretty much be "par for the course".

And show business is anything but stable in terms of steady work and steady income.

Most fail after they'd made millions and suddenly it all stops overnight and "the new wave" of entertainers replace them.

I'd be curious to know what if anything the band has left from their earnings -- (providing they actually got paid any of the money which they generated to begin with) [which is another story altogether]

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
I think Terry Knight took Mark, Don and Mel to the cleaners.   They never recovered from it.   I don't know how Terry squandered all those millions.  For a guy so clever, he didn't end up to good.  He was destitute a some years later.

I  know the song  you mean by Terry Knight and the  Pack- "I Who Have Nothing."  Very sad song, and very depressing.  Always hated it for that reason.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "Terry Knight and the  Pack- "I Who Have Nothing." "

That's the name he should have given his management company so the bands would know exactly how it was all going to end  -  "I Who Have Nothing" Artist Management

Offline Aces High

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "Terry Knight and the  Pack- "I Who Have Nothing." "

That's the name he should have given his management company so the bands would know exactly how it was all going to end  -  "I Who Have Nothing" Artist Management

You couldn't be more right!  You put that idea together very well!

Did you watch the video?  If you didn't get a chance, just listen to Terry Knight talk, I don't believe anything he says.  Especially the part where he says the band had only 3 months left on contract, and that's all they had to wait in order for him not to sue them.  Not that I'm on anybody's side, but it seems like he's lying about everything. 

Tell me if you think this guy is lying.

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
Re:  "Tell me if you think this guy is lying. "

Probably dishonest just like the rest of the people who get into that business.

They're all "flesh peddlers".

However, that's why we enjoy the arts so much -- without the crooks who manage and book we wouldn't have access to enjoyment.

It's the human condition.

Offline Angry Panther

• Senior JTFer

I'd be curious to know what if anything the band has left from their earnings -- (providing they actually got paid any of the money which they generated to begin with) [which is another story altogether]

Most musicians have a hard time tuning up their instruments if they don't get paid in cash.

Don't worry about Grand Funk Railroad – it's all their.