Author Topic: Next 911 protest...JTFers pay attention!  (Read 1088 times)

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
Next 911 protest...JTFers pay attention!
« on: August 07, 2010, 09:17:28 PM »
http://atlasshrugs2000.typepad.com/atlas_shrugs/2010/08/september-11-2010-protest-the-911-mega-mosque-at-ground-zero.html

Atlas Shrugs HomeArchivesAbout Pamela GellerSubscribe!Atlas ArticlesDonate!Atlas RSS FeedVideoYoutubeSearch « Lost in a Mosquerade | Main | Geert Wilders to Speak at SIOA 911 Protest Against the Ground Zero Mega Mosque »

Friday, August 06, 2010
September 11, 2010. PROTEST THE 911 MEGA MOSQUE AT GROUND ZERO
*** Join SIOA and FDI on Sepember 11, 2010 at 2pm, on Park Place (between Church and West Broadway) as we pay our respects to the murdered and demonstrate against the Ground Zero mega mosque opening on September 11, 2011. ***

Our first protest on D-day, June 6th, drew 10,000 people. Witnessing Bloomberg's relentless push for this egregious insult, our voices must be heard.

MARK YOUR CALENDARS. WE need to be at Ground Zero, September 11, 2010, now more than ever.

Ground Zero mosque opposed by 61% of New Yorkers
Please join SIOA and FDI in our solemn protest against the 911 mega mosque at Ground Zero on September the 11th in the afternoon, after the memorial services – exact time and date to be determined.

World leaders, prominent politicians and 911 family members will be speaking. This is a solemn protest.

Please, no inflammatory signs. “Ground Zero is sacred ground.” “Ground Zero is a war Memorial.” “Ground Zero Mosque is Radically Insensitive.”

We will begin with interfaith prayer and the playing of “Taps” for the 911 victims.

On Sunday, June 6th, a multi-ethnic, multi-racial coalition of Americans opposed to Islamic violence and intolerance rallied at the site of the World Trade Center in New York City. Part I and Part II.

9/11 families were joined by immigrants from India, Russia, Egypt, Israel, Africa, Iran and Europe to show opposition to the construction of a mega-mosque at Ground Zero. Others flew in from overseas to speak or just to share their particular ethnic communities’ experiences at the hands of moslems.

These are parents and spouses of firefighters killed on 9/11. The rally took place just a minute’s walk from Ladder 10 Firehouse, where their loved ones were stationed for duty that terrible day. Ladder 10 lost seven firefighters.

Crowd estimates ranged from 5,000 (NYPD) to 10,000. The crowd overflowed the police barrier enclosures that ran the full length of two city blocks. This photo shows the enclosure in front of the stage at the intersection of Liberty and Church Streets. The second enclosure ran the length of the next block and can be seen on the other side of the traffic lights.

Pamela Geller, Executive Director of Stop Islamization of America (SIOA), was the rally’s principal organizer. Geller’s Atlas Shrugs blog is one of the top 30 political blogs in the nation.

Geller is one of the foremost voices for freedom standing up against the tyranny and denial of human rights that Islamization brings. She has been a vocal and vigorous defender of religious freedom in the face of the spread into America of Islam’s death penalty for those who leave the religion.

Thousands of additional participants filled the treed area of Zuccotti Park.

Pamela Geller:

“Ground Zero is a war memorial, Ground Zero is a burial ground. We are asking for sensitivity…It is unconscionable to build a shrine to the very ideology that inspired the jihadist attacks at Ground Zero, right there. We are asking the imam Rauf and Daisy Khan to be sensitive. For mutual respect and mutual understanding that is demanded of us every day.

There’s a hair-trigger sensitivity in the muslim world, you can’t run the cartoons, you can’t say Mohammed, this is offensive. This is an offensive mosque. To build a shrine, an Islamic flag of conquest on the sacred ground the cherished site, of a conquered land. This is historic, this is Islamic history. It’s what they do. The St. Sofia in Turkey, the al-Quds, at the holiest Jewish site in Israel. Not here. This is where we take a stand. We must take a stand. We must say no.”
Continue reading Stop the Mosque at Ground Zero – Part II

Offline Spiraling Leopard

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
  • Eternal Vigilance
    • PIGtube-channel:
Re: Next 911 protest...JTFers pay attention!
« Reply #1 on: August 07, 2010, 09:30:02 PM »
I think Geert Wilders is holding a speech as well. It would be nice if someone got some footage of it.

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2010, 10:06:27 PM »
I wish I could go and help protest but unfortunately I can't travel there :(

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2010, 07:37:54 AM »
I think Geert Wilders is holding a speech as well. It would be nice if someone got some footage of it.

I will be going and I think everyone in JTF who lives in the area within a few hours has an obligation to go.  There is no excuse for people to not show up for this.  We live in America and we have a responsibility to Her

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2010, 08:13:13 AM »
Keep in mind that it is on Shabbat.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2010, 08:43:21 AM »

Does that apply to 2pm on Friday too?

Offline cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2010, 09:00:48 AM »
A protests on Friday afternoon at 2pm in downtown Manhattan is a rough thing to get to unless people work or live there to start off with. I guess it needs to be a weekday because parts of Manhattan like that have a good deal less people around during the weekend...What's a protest without spectators... I could never get there by 2 pm after work and I would never get home after the protest was over... Sunday is a much better day for large protests.
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2010, 10:09:26 AM »
CJD,

Those are all good points and I didn't realize it was a Friday.  I think we all need to do everything that we can to make sure that we are there--everything we can.

Offline Dan

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2010, 10:14:28 AM »
A protests on Friday afternoon at 2pm in downtown Manhattan is a rough thing to get to unless people work or live there to start off with. I guess it needs to be a weekday because parts of Manhattan like that have a good deal less people around during the weekend...What's a protest without spectators... I could never get there by 2 pm after work and I would never get home after the protest was over... Sunday is a much better day for large protests.
True, Sunday would definitely work for most people since it's the quietest of the days of the week, however a Friday protest would create chaos and possibly more publicity.

• Master JTFer
« Reply #9 on: August 08, 2010, 10:25:08 AM »

2PM is ok as long as there is enough time to get home before sunset. I guess that Jews who live in the area can go as long as they don't violate shabbat(or Rosh Hashana).

I forgot to mention that it is also Rosh Hashana so the only JTF presence is going to be gentile and non-religious.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline JTFenthusiast2

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2010, 11:01:22 AM »

2PM is ok as long as there is enough time to get home before sunset. I guess that Jews who live in the area can go as long as they don't violate shabbat(or Rosh Hashana).  Still, I can't emphasize enough how those of us who are in the NYC area should go.  There is nothing preventing the Jews on this forum from taking a half day off work instead of leaving early for a few hours as they might ordinarily do.  There is also nothing stopping the Christian and persons of other faiths on our forum from doing so either.

I forgot to mention that it is also Rosh Hashana so the only JTF presence is going to be gentile and non-religious.

The this was so foolish of the organizers..so foolish!
« Last Edit: August 08, 2010, 01:40:51 PM by JTFenthusiast2 »

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2010, 08:16:50 PM »
Jews can pray while the gentiles speak up. This doesn't mean we won't speak up. We just have to do so according to the commandments of Hashem.

Offline angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2010, 07:44:47 AM »
This is very good.
Please remind us a few days beforehand.
U+262d=U+5350=U+9774