Author Topic: AP Orders Staff: ‘Stop Using the Phrase “Ground Zero Mosque”  (Read 658 times)

Offline nuchsh

• Junior JTFer
  • looks like muhammad is busy
Thus, should the nations of the world say to Israel, "You are robbers, for you have taken by force the lands of the Seven Nations,"4 they [Israel] will say to them: "All the earth belongs to G-d. He created it and gave it to whomever He saw fit. It was His will to give it to them and it was His will to take it from them and give it to us."

(Rashi, Genesis Chapter One Verse A)

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: AP Orders Staff: ‘Stop Using the Phrase “Ground Zero Mosque”
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 11:17:14 PM »
I read that article just now and one word popped into my head: "Newspeak".  It's from George Orwell's "1984" novel.

To explain:

Newspeak is a fictional language in George Orwell's novel Nineteen Eighty-Four. The term was also used to discuss Soviet phraseology. In the novel by Orwell, it is described as being "the only language in the world whose vocabulary gets smaller every year". Orwell included an essay about it in the form of an appendix in which the basic principles of the language are explained. Newspeak is closely based on English but has a greatly reduced and simplified vocabulary and grammar. This suits the totalitarian regime of the Party, whose aim is to make any alternative thinking—"thoughtcrime", or "crimethink" in the newest edition of Newspeak—impossible by removing any words or possible constructs which describe the ideas of freedom, rebellion and so on. One character, Syme, says admiringly of the shrinking volume of the new dictionary: "It's a beautiful thing, the destruction of words."

Isn't what's happening here the same thing?  They don't want "Ground Zero Mosque" even being uttered or printed.  They want it removed from the language so you can't even think it. 

I do realize that, in this case, it isn't a government ban; it's a wire service ban.  It's still scary.  After all, the mosque is at ground zero!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 11:19:21 PM »
Associated press also has a monopoly on determining what news stories are reported on in the press and which aren't.  Every news station, paper, etc takes their cues from AP and simply rehashes what comes out of the "wire" of AP

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2010, 03:27:05 AM »
It will be tough to come up with a catchier name than, "Ground Zero Mosque". [it could be a William Gibson novel title.]
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2010, 06:24:15 AM »
Re:  "Associated press also has a monopoly on determining what news stories are reported on in the press and which aren't.  Every news station, paper, etc takes their cues from AP and simply rehashes what comes out of the "wire" of AP "

AP or Associated Press is long known for its direct involvement with the CIA.

Many consider AP nothing but a propaganda arm of U.S. policymakers, distributing officially approved information/disinformation press releases throughout the United States to all media subscribers.

Perhaps we should "take the hint" and work to encourage the use of some more acceptable terms; for example:

"Terror Central."

"The Monument to American Submission!"

"The Manhattan Dirty Bomb Project"

Americans should be made more aware about such practices as Islam commanding Moslems to clean themselves with their bare hand after defecating.

What a vile, filthy, murderous cult!

Offline Kahane-Was-Right BT

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2010, 09:57:32 AM »
Re:  "Associated press also has a monopoly on determining what news stories are reported on in the press and which aren't.  Every news station, paper, etc takes their cues from AP and simply rehashes what comes out of the "wire" of AP "

AP or Associated Press is long known for its direct involvement with the CIA.

Many consider AP nothing but a propaganda arm of U.S. policymakers, distributing officially approved information/disinformation press releases throughout the United States to all media subscribers.

It's international though, isn't it?   I think all the countries take their news cues from AP.