Author Topic: Headaches  (Read 2408 times)

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
Headaches
« on: August 27, 2010, 03:51:11 PM »
Do any of you guys get bad headaches?  If so, what do you take for them?  Usually Tylenol has worked best for me, but not so much lately.  Do any of you experience nausea with your headaches? 

Offline IsraelForever

• Master JTFer
Re: Headaches
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 04:09:23 PM »
Try taking 2 Tylenol (or the generic "Acetaminophen") with a cup of CAFFEINATED coffee with half and half and sugar (or sugar substitute such as "Sweet & Low" or Splenda).  That works very well for me.  Even just the coffee (as described) works well for me, too.  Good luck.

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2010, 04:17:56 PM »
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Offline Chaim Ben Pesach

• Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2010, 04:20:23 PM »
בס''ד

Three things that might cure your headaches:

1. A healthy diet. Eating healthy food strengthens the body's immune system and is beneficial in every way.

Eating unhealthy food is dangerous. Your body may be warning you with the headaches.

2. Get plenty of exercise. Physical exercise is essential to good health.

3. Do not allow yourself to get aggravated. We all have many problems in life but it is important to learn to relax in order to better deal with the problems.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2010, 04:42:39 PM »
Stay hydrated.  Drink water.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2010, 04:58:54 PM »
Are you getting enough rest, Lisa?
I hope you feel better soon.

Sometimes one Advil works better for my headaches, then Tylenol.

Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Offline Yaacov Ben Yehuda

• Senior JTFer
« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2010, 05:37:15 PM »

Yes this is usually the reason for headaches, lack of water intake.  If you drink 2 litres of water/day you shouldnt get head aches.  Also, try doing some exercise and yoga for over all stress reduction.

Offline Confederate Kahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
Gosh

I hope your headaches go away if they haven't.

Try lying down.
Chad M ~ Your rebel against white guilt

Offline TruthSpreader

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • http://www.youtube.com/user/WeThePeopleZeb
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2010, 06:16:05 PM »

Exactly and stay away from sodas. They are not healthy.
Dan - Stay calm and be brave in order to judge correctly and make the right decision

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #9 on: August 28, 2010, 07:59:38 PM »
Tylenol is murder on your liver/kidneys, Lisa.

The number one cause of headaches is not enough sleep. Dehydration is a close second, but that isn't really an issue unless you are physically exerting yourself in hot weather.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #10 on: August 28, 2010, 08:01:53 PM »
Thanks everyone.  This latest headache was definitely stress induced.  I'll have to try something other than Tylenol.  Advil wipes me out, and Excedrin makes me puke. 

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #11 on: August 28, 2010, 08:04:29 PM »
I don't think there is a really safe headache med--you just kind of have to wait it out and sleep it off. Oh--are you getting enough to eat? Hunger headaches can be a real kurva, and they don't go away after you have eaten. You have to sleep them off.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #12 on: August 28, 2010, 08:06:39 PM »
I don't think there is a really safe headache med--you just kind of have to wait it out and sleep it off. Oh--are you getting enough to eat? Hunger headaches can be a real kurva, and they don't go away after you have eaten. You have to sleep them off.

I would really rather no throw up from the pain.  In fact, I hate throwing up, period.  I just don't understand these anorexics and bulimiacs. 

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 08:30:29 PM »
Re:  "Do any of you guys get bad headaches?  If so, what do you take for them? "

I usually just order them to go get back in the car and I drive them straight back to their place before I let them ruin the entire evening.

Sure, I take a loss on the dinner reservations and hotel room, but at least that way I can call some other women and maybe keep the whole night from being ruined.

;D

Offline nessuno

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 08:33:30 PM »
Re:  "Do any of you guys get bad headaches?  If so, what do you take for them? "

I usually just order them to go get back in the car and I drive them straight back to their place before I let them ruin the entire evening.

Sure, I take a loss on the dinner reservations and hotel room, but at least that way I can call some other women and maybe keep the whole night from being ruined.

;D
:o :::D :::D
Be very CAREFUL of people whose WORDS don't match their ACTIONS.

Online cjd

• Silver Star JTF Member
« Reply #15 on: August 28, 2010, 09:25:34 PM »

;D
Sounds like a great policy to me   :::D
He who overlooks one crime invites the commission of another.        Syrus.

A light on to the nations for 60 years

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #16 on: August 28, 2010, 09:39:37 PM »
I would say that sleeping more, and eating more (in that order) will help a lot, Lisa. Someone mentioned stress--sleep is the single biggest factor in how your body deals with stress. If you are properly rested, events that would tax you to the brink when exhausted will be much more manageable.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #17 on: August 28, 2010, 10:05:19 PM »
One last thing...  in addition to eating healthy food's as Chaim promotes, one needs to not miss meals.  If you cannot take the time for a full meal, make sure you get something like a bag of almonds and/or some fruit.  We fast at certain times of the year, and G-d has taken this into account in how He built us [as well as giving us the intellectual capabilities for understanding in how to "prepare" for a fast in the days before a fast], but we are not designed to fast randomly, or suddenly. -- Some of the worst headaches I have gotten are because I have let myself become too encapsulated by the tasks I undertake during the day and then ignoring my need for food, by skipping breakfast and/or lunch and/or dinner.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline Rubystars

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Extreme MAGA Republican
« Reply #18 on: August 29, 2010, 04:41:14 AM »
You could lie down and get a cool wet washcloth and put it over your eyes or forehead and relax in a dimly lit room for a while. That usually helps me.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2010, 04:58:38 AM by Rubystars »

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #19 on: August 29, 2010, 04:48:22 AM »
Thanks everyone.  This latest headache was definitely stress induced.  I'll have to try something other than Tylenol.  Advil wipes me out, and Excedrin makes me puke. 

Have you tried the old-fashioned remedy called aspirin? Yes, yes, I know it so passe but if it works....

"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline MassuhDGoodName

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #20 on: August 29, 2010, 08:16:03 AM »
Only Brompton's Cocktail gets rid of my headaches!     >:(

Offline Debbie Shafer

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #21 on: August 29, 2010, 11:10:20 AM »
The decline of Hormones can give women, headaches.   Migrains are common as women get into mid-life.  Sometimes light seems too bright, a dark room calms the throbbing.   Advil and hot soup helps.

Offline Lisa

• Forum Administrator
  • Silver Star JTF Member
    • The Urban Grind
« Reply #22 on: August 29, 2010, 12:29:10 PM »
The decline of Hormones can give women, headaches.   Migrains are common as women get into mid-life.  Sometimes light seems too bright, a dark room calms the throbbing.   Advil and hot soup helps.

Unfortunately, I think that's what my problem is. 

Offline Zelhar

• Gold Star JTF Member
« Reply #23 on: August 29, 2010, 12:48:20 PM »
Lisa are you talking about migraines or just headaches ?

Offline AsheDina

• Silver Star JTF Member
  • PSALMS 129:5 "ZION" THE Cornerstone.
« Reply #24 on: August 29, 2010, 01:32:12 PM »
Lisa;
You also need to get pre-menopausal vitamins.
I had a LOT of headaches before I moved to Occupied Arizona.
SHEMA ISRAEL
שמע ישראל
I endorse NO Presidential Candidates