Author Topic: Jetblue flight attendant  (Read 955 times)

Offline takebackourtemple

• Honorable Winged Member
  • Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
Jetblue flight attendant
« on: September 06, 2010, 06:14:25 PM »
   We've probably all heard more than the 5 second story that we should have. If at all. I can't understand why Steven Slater is being regarded as a hero for opening an emergency chute and sliding down with a beer in his hand. This nut will either go to jail or make millions off of a reality show.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
Re: Jetblue flight attendant
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2010, 05:21:24 AM »
   We've probably all heard more than the 5 second story that we should have. If at all. I can't understand why Steven Slater is being regarded as a hero for opening an emergency chute and sliding down with a beer in his hand. This nut will either go to jail or make millions off of a reality show.

I think it's mostly a knee-jerk reaction from a lot of other flight attendants who have to deal with a$$hole passengers on a daily basis. Kind of like, vicariously living through his experience because that's what they feel like doing but don't want to lose their job or go to jail.
"When the people fear their government, there is tyranny;
when the government fears the people, there is liberty.”
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline Lewinsky Stinks, Dr. Brennan Rocks

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2010, 06:49:47 AM »
I don't see why he is being prosecuted for this. What is this, slavery? He is obligated by law to finish out his work day or else?

Offline דוד בן זאב אריה

• Ultimate JTFer
  • Kahane Was Right
    • Facebook Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2010, 07:27:39 AM »
He stole 2 beers other then that I don't see anything he did wrong
David Ben Ze'ev Aryeh

Offline takebackourtemple

• Master JTFer
  • May this be the year that the temple is liberated.
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2010, 08:31:16 PM »
Today the media was on television harassing this faggot's boyfriend. I really hope coverage of him stops and they just lock him up and throw away the key.
Does it bother you that you have to face the dome and the rock to say the sh'ma?

Offline patches

• Senior JTFer
  • To obtain, something of equal value must be lost.
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
The funny thing is I was on a jet blue flight about two years ago and I remember this guy as one of the flight attendents on the plane. I remember him because he was very very gay looking, and it struck me as funny that this was a steriotypical gay male flight attendant, almost like out of a movie. He didn't do anything crazy though.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2010, 08:17:13 PM »
Today the media was on television harassing this faggot's boyfriend. I really hope coverage of him stops and they just lock him up and throw away the key.
Throw him away for what, quitting a crappy job?

Offline Daniel

• Master JTFer
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2010, 10:11:10 PM »
It's a shame that but for the fact that he's a flaming fag, we would all see him as a great hero.

Offline Ari Ben-Canaan

• Master JTFer
  • "The Necromancers Could Not Stand Before Moses."
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2010, 10:56:45 PM »
Flying in the 80's was a treat.  Even the 90's.  One could even get a Kosher meal on board, although I did not keep Kosher as a child I can remember that fact [a thing I could now enjoy, with understanding].  Primarily thanks to Islam the airline industry has majorly downgraded itself.

JTF is the only place I have heard of this guy so far.  Seems like a funny story.  Stealing the beers could get him some trouble [of course], and I don't know if there is a law against opening an emergency exit [perhaps it costs money for the inflatable device which may need to be replaced each use?].  If he truly got smacked in the head by a passenger I think some leeway is needed in judging his actions.
"You must keep the arab under your boot or he will be at your throat" -Unknown

"When we tell the Arab, ‘Come, I want to help you and see to your needs,’ he doesn’t look at us like gentlemen. He sees weakness and then the wolf shows what he can do.” - Maimonides

“I am all peace, but when I speak, they are for war.” -Psalms 120:7

"The difference between a Jewish liberal and a Jewish conservative is that when a Jewish liberal walks out of the Holocaust Museum, he feels, "This shows why we need to have more tolerance and multiculturalism." The Jewish conservative feels, "We should have killed a lot more Nazis, and sooner."" - Philip Klein

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2010, 11:17:08 PM »
He stole 2 beers other then that I don't see anything he did wrong

I wonder what kind of beer he stole.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2010, 12:43:39 AM »
Let's forget that he is gay and just judge this case by itself. G-d will judge him for being homosexual, but what grounds do we have to convict him in a court of law?

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2010, 04:33:50 AM »
Let's forget that he is gay and just judge this case by itself. G-d will judge him for being homosexual, but what grounds do we have to convict him in a court of law?

From a Daily News article:

"Slater is charged with trespassing, reckless endangerment and criminal mischief and faces up to seven years in prison if convicted."

There are many regulations governing the operation of an aircraft and access to restricted areas of airports today so I don't think criminal charges against him would be that difficult to find. Having said that, the maximum sentence of seven years is ridiculous and he probably will not serve any jail time.
---Thomas Jefferson

Offline White Israelite

• Ultimate JTFer
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2010, 07:04:46 AM »

"Slater is charged with trespassing, reckless endangerment and criminal mischief and faces up to seven years in prison if convicted."

There are many regulations governing the operation of an aircraft and access to restricted areas of airports today so I don't think criminal charges against him would be that difficult to find. Having said that, the maximum sentence of seven years is ridiculous and he probably will not serve any jail time.

Even if he doesn't serve jail time, he'll likely be charged with a felony.

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • Real Kahanist
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2010, 09:00:09 AM »

This is so much BS. He didn't endanger anybody. He is getting prosecuted for thumbing his nose at the airline industry.

Offline HiWarp

• Master JTFer
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2010, 05:46:40 AM »

This is so much BS. He didn't endanger anybody. He is getting prosecuted for thumbing his nose at the airline industry.

The charges are pretty much BS. Deploying the slide was a stupid move and I can see where the "authorities" might want to prosecute for that but the simple truth is that if he had gotten on the intercom and cursed out the passenger, grabbed a couple of beers and walked off the aircraft using a jetway or the stairs the only crime that he could be charged with, if Jetblue were so inclined, would be stealing the beers. But, of course, there wouldn't be all the drama involved if he had made such a normal, mundane exit.
---Thomas Jefferson