Author Topic: Judge: Military's ban on gays is unconstitutional  (Read 370 times)

Offline TheViper

• Senior JTFer
  • HOLA MI GENTE!
Judge: Military's ban on gays is unconstitutional
« on: September 09, 2010, 07:51:33 PM »
RIVERSIDE, Calif. – A federal judge in Southern California has declared the U.S. military's ban on openly gay service members unconstitutional.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips on Thursday granted a request for an injunction halting the government's "don't ask, don't tell" policy for gays in the military.

Phillips says the policy doesn't help military readiness and instead has a "direct and deleterious effect" on the armed services.

The lawsuit was the biggest legal test of the law in recent years and came amid promises by President Barack Obama that he will work to repeal the policy.

Government lawyers argued Phillips lacked the authority to issue a nationwide injunction and the issue should be decided by Congress.

The injunction was sought by the Log Cabin Republicans, a 19,000-member group that includes current and former military members.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100910/ap_on_re_us/ca_gays_in_military
☞I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice☜

Online angryChineseKahanist

• Gold Star JTF Member
  • ☭=卐=☮
Re: Judge: Military's ban on gays is unconstitutional
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2010, 09:05:22 PM »

U+262d=U+5350=U+9774

Offline TheCoon

• Master JTFer
Re: Judge: Military's ban on gays is unconstitutional
« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2010, 09:31:40 PM »
Just wait until gay soldiers get beat the [censored] up by a black/hispanic soldier who doesn't appreciate their kind of diversity.
The city isn't what it used to be. It all happened so fast. Everything went to crap. It's like... everyone's sense of morals just disappeared. Bad economy made things worse. Jobs started drying up, then the stores had to shut down. Then a black man was elected president. He was supposed to change things. He didn't. More and more people turned to crime and violence... The town becomes gripped with fear. Dark times, dark times... I am the hero this town needs. I am... The Coon!!!